I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Loosen Up

Well dinner was…awkward. Kylee and I did most of the talking, the guys barely said a word to one another. I was kind of relieved when it was over. Kylee walked Jake out once dinner was over and Ryan collapsed into a chair, rubbing his forehead.

“Ryan,” I gently spoke, walking over. “I have to tell you something.”

“What?” He asked me.

I sat on the armrest of the oversized chair he was in and looked down saying, “Jake is my best friend.”

“Are you serious?” Ryan questioned.

“Yeah. His family and my family were friends and we grew up together in Idaho, he’s like my brother. I came with him when he moved out here and started working for Kawi, and we’re roommates. That’s how Ky met him…I introduced the two so if you want to be mad at anyone for them being together, be mad at me,” I explained.

“Kirstie,” He gently said, resting his hand on my upper arm. “I could never be mad at you.”

I offered him a kind smile before adding, “You should give Jake a chance though, he really is a good guy and he’s crazy about Ky. He cares about her a lot and will take care of her.”

“I don’t know,” Ryan huffed.

“Loosen up a bit Ry,” I cooed.

“But…it’s Weimer!” He groaned.

“Yeah and as I’ve always told Jake that it’s stupid you guys even have a rivalry, it was just an accident,” I replied. “Just give him a chance.”

“He better not hurt her,” Ryan mumbled.

“Don’t worry, he won’t,” I smiled. “Besides he knows you’d kill him and so would I!”

Ryan let out a laugh before getting up to hug me. I felt so warm and comfortable in his arms. I took in his yummy scent as he rubbed my back before parting from me.

“Want to go get some ice cream or something?” He suggested.

“Ah, I wish I could,” I pouted. “Kevin wanted me to come over tonight.”

“Well how about we go out to breakfast then?” Ryan’s cute voice added.

“That sounds good,” I grinned, making his smile come through brightly.

We shared another long hug before I went outside to find Jake and Kylee. I patted her back, telling her she could go in the house without her brother killing her. They shared their goodbyes before Jake and I went home.

“I still can’t believe I’m dating a Dungey,” Jake snickered as we walked inside.

“I can’t believe you and Ryan didn’t kill each other,” I giggled.

“You seemed pretty comfortable with Ryan…” He brought up.

“He’s nice,” I shrugged.

Jake raised a blonde eyebrow before saying, “Does my best friend have a little crush?”

“No!” I groaned. “Besides, you’d kill me if I did.”

“True,” He chuckled. “As much as I don’t like Kevin, I think I’d rather have you with him than Dungey.”

Oh if you only knew…

I shrugged his words off before grabbing my sweatshirt and leaving to go to Kevin’s house no matter how afraid I was. As awkward as dinner was, it went better than I thought. The guys weren’t arguing or anything, maybe they could get along after all…
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?