I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Can't Even Protect His Best Friend

For most of my day, I’ve been getting Ryan’s schedule worked out. I don’t know what he was doing. He just kind of got up this morning and left. I was assuming he went to the gym… or maybe had an early morning riding session. Whatever. He’s a big boy. He can do what he wants. I had to make sure his life was on track… while my boyfriend tried to distract me! Ah, but he’s so cute!

He kept texing me cute little nothings. It made me smile… and really put me behind. I wanted to go see him! The only way I could do that was to get this scheduling done. Ah, but my Jakey!

I was getting this done though. I had managed to ignore his messages to get everything done! Yes! I win! I’m going to see you, you adorable moto boy! I had slipped my shoes on and snatched my car keys. All I needed to do was get inside my car and I would be on my way to see Jake. This just so happened to be the time when Ryan came back. He caught sight of me… and didn’t even crack a smile.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

“To see…”

“You’re not going to see Jake,” he looked right at me.

“What?!” I threw back at him. He can’t tell me what to do!

“You are not seeing him,” he pointed at me now.

“Why not?!” I was getting so worked up.

“Because!” he started raising his voice.

“I’m leaving,” I just gave up. This was going nowhere! He’s my boyfriend! Just because he doesn’t like Jake doesn’t mean that he can tell me if I can see him or not! That’s not right! I don’t tell him who he can or can’t see!

“No, you’re not,” he countered and slammed the door before I could get out of it.

“Why?!” I shot at him.

“Because he’s not good for you,” he looked back at me with intensity in his eyes.

“How do you know?!”

“Because he can’t even protect his best friend. How is he supposed to protect you?” he let it fly out of his mouth.

“What are you talking about?” I gave up and walked away from the door.

“Kirstie’s boyfriend beat the crap out of her. If Jake’s her best friend, why wasn’t he there for her?” he nearly shouted.

“What?” What did… he just… say?

“How did you not know either? What were you two too busy making out to realize what was happening?” he was so upset.

“He… he beat her?” my heart nearly stopped.

“Where was Jake?” he threw his hands up.

“But if I didn’t know, how should he know?” This wasn’t Jake’s fault! It’s the douche bag that decided to put his hands on my friend!

“You’re not seeing him,” he just shook his head.

“Ryan!” I shouted at him.

“No,” he said and snatched my keys from the counter!

I bickered at him all the way to his room… where he slammed the door in my face. After pounding on it for nearly five minutes, I gave up and went to my room… and honestly wanted to cry. This guy had been hurting my best friend for so long and… I had no idea! I felt terrible… and I could only imagine the way she felt. I felt like a bad friend… What could I do to make it better?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??