I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

He What?!

Some how, I managed to sneak out of the house… with Jake’s help. I wasn’t staying cooped up in my room! I was made at Ryan. Yes, I was enraged that about Kirstie’s boyfriend and what happened between them! It’s horrible! But you can’t tell me that I can’t see my own boyfriend!

I haven’t told Jake anything yet. All I told him was that I needed him to come get me. He questioned why, but I just said I’d tell him later. He accepted and I waited until I saw his truck coming down the road. Knowing Ryan was probably in his room, I rushed out and hopped into the passenger seat. Once he got going again, I let out a heavy sigh. I felt better just being away from that stupid house. Neither of us said anything. I was just stressed… about everything!

Once we made it to Jake’s, I followed him inside. Before I could go anywhere else, he turned to me and wrapped me up in his arms. He knew I was upset. Even if he wasn’t sure what was going on yet, he still pulled me into a tight hug.

“Whatever it is, it’ll be ok,” he spoke and rubbed my back.

“It’s bad,” I muttered and continued to hold onto him.

“It’ll be ok,” he repeated and pulled me over onto the couch.

He just cradled me for the longest time, giving me the time I needed to get myself together to tell him. He was the one to speak first actually.

“Is it… about Ryan and I?” he questioned.

“Kind of,” I replied.

“Talk to me,” he pressed on, rubbing my back once more.

“So, um… Kirstie… uh…” how do I tell him this?!

“What’s Kirstie have to do with anything?” his brow was wrinkled as he spoke.

“Kevin… beat her,” I pushed out, feeling my heart ache for my best friend.

“He what?!” Jake’s eyes grew so wide.

I couldn’t speak. All I could do was nod my head. This… happened to my best friend and I… didn’t know about! Or could have done anything to help her.

“You’re… serious?” he seemed to be in disbelief.

Again, I nodded my head. He went on to mumbled about how he was going to find Kevin and give him what he deserves. I still had more to tell him though. I let him vent first. It was a normal reaction I think.

“And so… Ryan doesn’t want me… seeing you anymore,” I pushed out, feeling my heart ache all over again.

“I don’t care what he says. All I care about is what you say,” he replied and gave me a gentle squeeze.

“That’s why I called you; so I could be with you,” I told him and cupped his cheek.

“What was… his reasoning?” he questioned.

“He just said that… if you couldn’t protect your best friend, you could… couldn’t protect me,” I blinked back tears as I said that. Everything just sucked right now! My emotions were coming out in the form of tears.

It was obvious Jake didn’t know what to say. All he did was hold me tightly. I did the same back. Ryan was wrong! I’m sure if Jake knew what was going on, he would have done something about it. It’s just a sucky thing! And all I want right now is for everything to be ok!... and for me to have my Jakey!
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments??