I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

He’s Stupid

“Kirstie,” Someone shook me awake.

“Hmm?” I groaned, rubbing my eyes. They flickered open and I saw Ryan hovering over me, his blue eyes full of worry.

“Kylee isn’t here and she won’t answer her phone,” He told me.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure she’s fine,” I assured him.

I pushed myself out of the bed before I gave Ryan a hug. I had spent the night here last night but I hadn’t seen Kylee since she was locked in her room since her and Ryan’s fight.

“She’s probably at my house, I’ll go check,” I replied.

“She better not be with Jake,” He grumbled.

“Ryan, I know you want your sister to be protected but you can’t tell her what to do,” I gently said, rubbing his arm.

“I know,” Ryan sighed. “I just…don’t think Jake can protect her.”

“Give him a chance,” I smiled. “C’mon, he’s my best friend, don’t you at least trust me?”

His bright smile pushed through as he nodded, “Yeah.”

Ryan pulled me in for a long before I left to go find Kylee. I looked at my phone to see a bunch of missed calls from Kevin. It made knots in my stomach just seeing his name but I deleted the voicemails without even listening to them. I sent Jake a text but he didn’t reply and neither did Ky.

When I walked into my and Jake’s house, I found Kylee in the kitchen with a cup of coffee. I hugged her tightly before sitting down.

“Jake’s still asleep,” She told me.

“Oh,” I nodded.

“Ryan told me about what…Kevin did,” Kylee started. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay,” I replied. “I’m just glad it’s over with. He’s been calling me all morning but I blocked his number.”

“Good! I knew I never liked him!” She stated.

“Ryan…told me about what happened between you guys,” I started. “And I talked to him about it.”

“He’s stupid,” Kylee mumbled. “He can’t tell me what to do! And I’m going to be with Jake whether he likes it or not.”

“He just is upset and he wants to protect his little sister,” I tried to get him to be able to see his point of view.

“Yeah but he doesn’t have to be so annoying about it!” She returned.

“Oh brothers, what are you gonna do?” I laughed.

This seemed to make her laugh a little bit. I know she was annoyed with Ryan but I think everyone was just kind of upset and once everything cools off it will get better…right?
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?