I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Such a Horrible Guy

Throughout the next couple of days, I did the minimal conversing with Ryan. I told him what he needed to do and he did it. The plane ride to his next race was even worse. I didn’t want to talk to him. He kept acting like everything was fine… It wasn’t! I’m not going to act like it is!

The first few days that we were here, I didn’t see much of him. He had his thing to do as did I. I didn’t see much of Jake… which was sad. But we had our text messages. He’s super sweet… and trying to convince me to talk to my brother. HIM! Of all people, is trying to get me to talk to Ryan about what’s going on. Yeah… no thank you.

Tonight was his race. He as riding fine… It was normal. So I knew what we were going through wasn’t affecting him. That was the only thing I was concerned about. I don’t want my brother hurt and I know if his head isn’t right that could happen. I may be mad at him right now, but I really don’t want to see him go down.

To make sure I didn’t see too much of him, I kind of wandered around. To make it worse, the Monster Kawi and KTM pits were right next to each other’s. I kind of wanted to be all over Jake just to get at Ryan. That’s… not really me though. So, I settled for walking around a bit. Kirstie joined me for a short period of time. She said she was going to see how Jake was doing, but… I think I caught her going over to talk to Ryan. Whatever. I’m a big a girl. I can walk around as much as I want.

While I was off on my own, I had found myself between the two pits. Which one should I go to? Hm… Before I could decide, a guy came up to me. He started talking. He seemed harmless… a bit… intoxicated maybe. Someone was having a little too much pre-race fun. He still seemed harmless though. But then… he started talking about me leaving with him tonight, and yeah… I have a boyfriend. Not interested, bud. When I tried to get away he put his arm up, blocking my path. Ok, um… Yeah… That doesn’t seem very harmless.

“Where are you going?” he asked, grinning down at me.

“Away,” was all I said.

“I don’t think so,” he replied.

I looked up at him and just knew there wasn’t any way I could get out of this. Ok, Ryan… Now is when I could really use you! I was about to call out for him, wondering if he would even hear. Instead, I heard… Jake’s voice.

“Leave her alone,” he spoke with a normal tone.

“What are you going to do about it?” he slurred out, turning his attention on Jake.

“Leave her alone,” he repeated.

“What are you going to do about it?” he said again and got in Jake’s face more and poked at his shoulder.

The force kind of made Jake take a step back. His face changed after this. Without saying anything, he swiftly brought his hand back, balling a fist before clocking the guy right in the cheek. I… did not see that coming. Even though the guy was obviously bigger than Jake, the amount of power he put into that one blow made the guy stager to the ground.

“Leave her alone,” Jake repeated once more as I hurried to his side.

The guy gave him some threatening comments back. Security had seen the whole thing though and made sure that he was taken away. I wrapped my arms around myself and followed Jake back to his pit. He led me over to a chair, noticing that I was a bit shaken up by it all. He then disappeared into the hauler, only to return with a jacket. After he wrapped it around my shoulders, he bent down in front of me. Once a sigh came out, I put my arms into the jacket and held it tightly against me. Before we said anything, Jake reached up and planted his plump lips to my forehead.

“You ok?” he asked gently and let his smooth hand cup my cheek. Yet, I could still feel the calloused tips gently brush against my skin.

“Yeah,” I assured him.

“I was going to let you tough that one out, but… can’t let anything happen to my girl,” he teased and gave me another quick kiss.

“You saw that whole thing?”

“Yeah,” he chuckled, “Wasn’t going to let anything happen to you,” he added.

That made me smile. See Ryan! Such a horrible guy huh?! You guys take each other out on the track one time and you think he’s a horrible boyfriend to me! Jake’s so sweet and caring… and obviously protecting. Even though I didn’t like the situation I was put in, this made me realize that I have the right boy… I just want to be able to hold onto him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ky

Comment??