I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Okay Dad

I was really happy with how the weekend went actually. Ryan apologized to Kylee and she seemed…somewhat receptive. I think it he shows that he really will support her, she’s going to open up a lot more. On the flight home from the race I wanted to talk to Jake about Ryan and everything but he wouldn’t take his headphones off! Then when we got home, he left again, probably to go see Ky.

“I’m back!” Jake yelled into the house.

“Where did you go?” I asked.

“To get ice cream,” He smiled, showing off a tub of chocolate ice cream. Yum!

“I love you so much,” I laughed as he plopped down next to me on the couch and we both started eating.

“Yeah well….Ky was busy,” Jake shrugged.

“Oh,” I raised an eyebrow. “I see how it is, your girlfriend is busy so you’re stuck hanging out with me.”

“Pretty much,” He chuckled.

I playfully smacked his chest before taking another bite of the chocolate ice cream as I replied, “So…did Kylee tell you what Ryan said?”

“Yeah,” Jake nodded.

“What do you think about it?” I asked.

He just shrugged before saying, “It’s good, I’m glad he and Kylee aren’t fighting.”

“I talked to Ryan and he kind of agreed that your guys’ rivalry was dumb. Maybe…you guys could try getting along,” I put it out there.

“I don’t know about that,” Jake’s blue eyes flickered up to mine.

“Hey, Ryan has an open mind and I think you should too. He’s really a nice guy,” I replied.

Jake just shook his head before saying, “I can’t believe my own best friend turned to the dark side.”

“Hey, you’re the one that’s dating a Dungey,” I giggled.

“I know!” He laughed.

“As gross as it is at times…I’m glad my two best friends are dating. You guys make each other really happy and that makes me happy,” I seriously said.

“Thanks Kirst,” Jake replied. “I’m really glad I met her, she’s so great.”

I just smiled and gave him a hug. Even though this guy drives me crazy and we pick on each other a lot, I love him and I’m glad he’s happy.

“So what’s up with you and the Dunge?” He questioned through a mouthful of ice cream.

“Nothing, we’re just friends,” I shrugged.

“You don’t act like it,” Jake smirked. “I mean…you trusted him with the Kevin thing and you always try to get me to get along with him and you smile like crazy when his name is mentioned.”

“Okay the Kevin thing…he just found out about it and I kind of needed to tell someone and I just want you guys to get along for Kylee’s sake and I think it’s stupid that you guys have this rivalry,” I rebutted.

“You didn’t deny smiling at him though,” He poked.

“Shut up!” I laughed, my cheeks tinting pink. “He’s cute alright, but we’re just friends so hush!”

“I don’t know how keen I am about you having a boyfriend after what happened and let alone if it’s Dungey, looks like I need to buy a gun, or get a pit bull or something,” Jake laughed.

“Okay dad” I rolled my eyes.

“I can’t trust any guys to take care of you, especially those moto boys, they’re trouble,” He snickered.

“Yeah and you’re one of them!” I giggled, grabbing a pillow to smack him in the face.

Jake grabbed a pillow and hit me back, starting an all out pillow fight. Oh poor Kylee, I can’t believe that she willingly puts up with this guy! At least they’re happy though, that’s all that matters.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?