I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

He’s Sensitive

I drove into the Dungey driveway, surprised not to find Jake’s car. Kylee had invited me over for dinner and I was busy working all day so I didn’t get to talk to Jake but I assumed he was coming. Although… I don’t know if he and Ryan would want to eat dinner together so maybe he wasn’t. I shrugged this off as I walked into the house and into the kitchen.

“Kirstie!” Ryan grinned, coming over to hug me.

“Hey,” I smiled, enjoying his embrace and taking in his scent.

“Kirstie, I’m making your favorite,” Kylee spoke up.

“Ooh, yum,” I replied, looking over her shoulder.

“Smells good Ky,” Ryan grinned. Aw, he’s so sweet!

Ryan turned around and pulled some plates out of the cabinet. He was wearing some straight leg jeans but they were rather snug and it showed off his great butt. I shook that thought off as quick as I could and focused on my feet instead.

“Here you guys go,” Kylee smiled, handing us each our plates full of food. “And I think I’m actually going to go see Jake, so I’ll see you later!”

And with that, she hurried out of the room. Ryan and I shared a weird look before heading to the dining room.

“What was that about?” I giggled.

“She just couldn’t wait to go make out with Jake,” He snickered.

When we walked into the dining room, the lights were dimmed and there was candles flickering.

“What in the world?” Ryan mumbled.

Immediately I knew Kylee had set this up! Luckily Ryan just pushed the candles to the side and turned the lights on so we could sit down.

“How would you feel about maybe…going riding with Jake or something?” I brought up.

“What?” He chuckled, his blue eyes twinkling in amusement.

“I think you guys should work on your relationship at least for Kylee’s sake. Jake told me he’d be willing,” I brought up.

“We’ll see,” Ryan nodded. “I’m glad Kylee is happy though.”

“Those two are perfect for each other,” I smiled.

“How exactly…are you guys friends again?” He questioned me.

I took a bite of my dinner before saying, “We grew up together. Our parents were friends so we did a lot of stuff together and we went to school together and everything. He’s like my brother from another mother.”

“That’s nice to have a friend like that,” Ryan nodded.

“We drive each other crazy but I love him,” I chuckled. “I have to say, I’m glad Ky and Jake are together, not just because they’re good together but Jake’s just always had these trashy girls that would hit on him at the races and stuff. I was always afraid he’d end up with one of them and I’m protective of Jake so it makes me feel good knowing someone really cares about him.”

“I feel like that about Kylee. She’s my little sister and I want to always protect her but I’m glad she has someone who does protect her and cares for her. She doesn’t need anybody to take care of her but I want her to have someone to rely on that’s looking out for her and Jake does that. I saw how he comforted her after that guy was hassling her and it made me feel a lot better about him,” Ryan revealed.

“Jake is a caring guy, he really is. He’s pretty sensitive and he’s crazy about Kylee, trust me,” I smiled.

Ryan just grinned and went back to eating. After dinner we ended up just watching a movie since I’m sure Ky and Jake were making out so I didn’t want to go home to that. I really think Ryan is coming around to Jake so now the next step is to get them to be friends…but that’s a lot easier said than done!
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?