I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

He Still Sucks

A few days after the race, which Ryan got second and Jake… got fifth I think, I finally made my friend happy and stopped by her and Jake’s house to visit. For some reason, I… was kind of nervous. I didn’t know what to expect! That’s why! Not that… I was meeting this adorable boy… NO!

When I got there, I made it up to the front door and knocked. After a few seconds, I heard footsteps rushing towards the door. I was expecting to see Kirstie be the one that opens it, but… it was the cute blond boy… Oh um… Hey there.

“You must be Kylee,” he grinned so brightly.

“Go away, Jake!” Kirstie’s voice could be heard… but I couldn’t see her.

Jake stayed where he stood, but then he staggered to the side, revealing my friend. She was obviously trying to push him away.

“Is this… a bad time?” I teased.

“He’s being a butthead because he saw you walking up and was drooling everywhere. Stupid dog,” she muttered and gave him another push as I passed by.

“Kirstie!” Jake shot at her.

“Well!” she giggled.

“You get more and more like the annoying little sister everyday,” he grumbled.

“Hey, I’m a little sister. Don’t say that,” I teased, actually speaking to him.

“And I bet you’re just as annoying to your brother,” he said.

“Jake! You need flirting lessons!” Kirstie shouted after him.

“I’m not flirting. I’m just stating a fact,” he shouted back and disappeared up the stairs. No! Come back!

Once he was gone, I turned to Kirstie, sending her a look. A big smile came over her face filled with innocence.

“What?” she tried to hide her giggles.

“Make it awkward much?” I couldn’t help but laugh myself, but still!

“What? No,” she countered.

“Just because I think he’s cute, doesn’t mean you have to embarrass him,” I told her.

“Did you see how red his cheeks got?” she snickered.

“He’s so cute,” I was unable to hold in my sigh.

“I think it’s cute that you have a crush on my best friend, but… ew,” she laughed.

“It’s not a crush! He’s just cute!” I said… maybe a little too loudly.

After my voice faded away, I heard footsteps once again. As I was looking at Kirstie, my eyes grew wide. It was Jake coming back into the room and… he for sure heard what I said.

“You’re pretty cute too,” he said once our eyes met.

Oh my gosh! I didn’t know if my face was red from being embarrassed or because he… called me cute! This isn’t happening. I shouldn’t have come here! It was a bad idea. Why do I even listen to Kirstie. It always turns out to be a bad thing! He didn’t come in here though. He just passed by. Good! I don’t know if I can look at him now.

“How are you and… the boyfriend?!” I changed subjects, trying to say anything that would clear my cheeks.

“Good,” was her reply.

“Just… good?” I pressed on.

“That’s all you’re getting out of her. Believe me. I’ve tried,” Jake’s voice came from the kitchen.

“I think he still sucks,” I muttered and crossed my arms at her.

“You just don’t… know him,” she sighed.

“She’s right. He sucks,” Jake shouted.

“Whiner… HUSH!” she yelled back.

“How… exactly do you two live together?” I had to tease.

“He lives in the dog house out back,” she answered.

“No, that’s for you,” he countered.

Throughout my visit, these two bickered so much! I swear they were going to kill each other. I thought I was witnessing a murder! But it’s… funny… I guess. It’s kind of cute that they get along so well… or so little? They kind of… remind me of Ryan and I… sort of. We don’t bicker as much, but… we pick on each other… and sometimes take it a bit too far, but… I love him… I guess.
♠ ♠ ♠
... I just love Jake really... Ryan doesn't need to be involved.. lol jk

Ky

Comment??