I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Just To Stare at Jake

My feet carried me out to the garage where I found Jake, leaning over his bike since he had just finished riding. I walked over and sat on the counter, calling him over.

“Jakers, I designed some new tee shirts, come tell me what you think,” I said, holding the paper out to him.

He came over and hopped up next to me, looking at the designs. Jake was about to make a comment but a car drove up in the driveway.

“Is that Kylee?” Jake perked up.

“Calm down boy,” I giggled, patting his head.

“Shut up,” He groaned, giving me a shove then busying himself with his bike. Oh he likes her, it’s so ridiculous.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” I smiled as she walked over.

“Just came to say hi to you,” Ky told me.

“Fine, blow me off,” Jake teased.

“Hi Jake,” She over dramatically said.

Jake smiled smugly but I knew he was happy as he said, “That’s better.”

Just then, we could hear a phone ringing inside. Jake and I bickered for a minute about who would go get it but I won so he went to get it. The second he left I turned to Kylee and smiled at her.

“You just came to stare at Jake didn’t you?” I giggled.

“Did not,” Ky rolled her eyes.

“Mhmm, I bet not,” I teased her. “You know, I could hook you guys up for a date.”

“Kirstie!” She groaned. “No, don’t.”

“Okay, okay,” I giggled.

Jake came tromping out as he held the phone out to me, telling me, “It’s your stupid boyfriend.”

I gave his arm a smack before taking the phone and hearing, “Hey babe.”

“Hi Kev,” I answered.

“Why did Jake answer your phone?” Kevin questioned me, not liking the fact that Jake and I lived together.

“Because I didn’t want to go get it,” I mumbled. “It’s no big deal.”

“Well do you want to get together tonight? You can come over,” He said.

“Alright,” I nodded. “I’ll be over later.”

“See you later then,” Kevin replied.

“Okay,” I softly said before hanging up.

When I turned around I saw Kylee and Jake both with disapproving looks on their faces. I tossed the phone back to Jake, hoping to avoid the questioning but it wasn’t happening.

“I don’t like him,” Jake started in. “I don’t understand why you like that jerk.”

“You hardly even know him,” I replied.

“That’s because you won’t let me meet him,” Jake shot back.

“Yeah, I’ve only met him like two or three times,” Kylee added in.

“It’s not a big deal. It’s just…he isn’t someone you guys would probably get along with so what’s the point in you guys getting to know him,” I shrugged. “It doesn’t matter.”

Luckily the two of them gave up on this subject and Jake went back to trying to impress Kylee. It was funny but kind of sweet in a way. I have to say, even though it would be kind of gross, I think it would be adorable for my two best friends to get together because I’d get to see them both happy. But I guess I’ll just have to wait and see what happens.
♠ ♠ ♠
...but there needs to be Ryan because there needs to be one attractive member of the couple! hahha

comments?