I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

I Want You To Be With Him

Once I got home, I let out a heavy sigh as I collapsed onto the couch. I felt terrible for so many different reasons. I didn’t even know what to do but I was pulled out of my thoughts as my phone rang.

“Kirstie,” Jake’s voice greeted me.

“Hey, why aren’t you making out with your girl?” I asked.

“Because Ryan just came in and was really upset because apparently you turned him down when he asked you out,” He replied.

“Is he really upset?” I questioned, rubbing my face with my free hand.

“Yeah he is,” Jake told me. “Why in the world would you turn him down, I thought you like him!”

“I do like him,” I countered.

“Then why in the world did you say no?” He asked.

“I don’t know,” I mumbled as tears started rolling down my cheeks.

“C’mon Kirst,” Jake prodded in a softer tone. “There has to be some reason.”

“I’m scared okay!” I huffed.

It was quiet on the phone and I knew Jake was putting the dots together until he asked, “But Kirstie, you know that Ryan wouldn’t ever hurt you like Kevin did.”

“I know he wouldn’t, he’s so sweet and gentle but…it’s just scary,” I sighed.

“You can’t be afraid of relationships forever though,” He prodded. “Ryan is nothing like that and he cares about you.”

“I care about him too…a lot,” I mumbled.

“Then get your butt over here and tell him that!” Jake snickered.

“You think I should?” I asked, wiping my tears away.

“Yes!” He laughed. “Kirstie, you and Ryan would be good together. I know both of you care about each other and I know that Ryan will take good care of you. It’s been a long time since you’ve had someone care for you on that level and especially after Kevin, I want you to have that. I want you to be with him.”

“Jake, if you were here right now, I would hug you so tight,” I smiled, even though he couldn’t see me.

“Well get over here, I’ll hug you, you can get with Ryan and then I can get back to making out with my girl,” He chuckled.

“Do you think Ryan will even want to talk to me now though?” I asked him.

“There’s only one way to find out,” Jake countered.

“Alright, I’m on my way,” I told him, grabbing my shoes.

“Good. And hurry, I want Ky,” He chuckled.

I just laughed at him before we hung up. I was a fit of nerves the entire way there but I knew I was doing the right thing. Even if Ryan is upset at me, I have to tell him that I really do care about him a lot and there’s nothing I want more than to be with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?