I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

You Have No Idea

I nervously stood in front of the door to the Dungey house. My hand lingered on top of the doorbell for a long time until I got the courage to press it. My breath hitched in my throat when Ryan's beautiful face opened the door. When he saw me, a look of hurt flashed over his eyes, making my heart ache.

“Hi,” I whispered.

“Hey,” Ryan replied.

"May I come in?" I questioned.

He stepped to the side and let me in. I kicked my shoes off and followed him to the living room where he plopped down on the couch.

“Can we…talk about earlier?” I asked, sitting down next to him.

“It’s fine,” He shrugged.

“No it’s not,” I countered.

Ryan kept his eyes fixed on his hands that were fidgeting together as he mumbled. “Yeah it is. If you don’t like me, you don’t like me and that’s the end of it. It was stupid for me to ask.”

“It wasn’t stupid,” I gently said. “It was stupid for me to say no.”

“Really, it’s fine. I get it, I’m not really like…the type of guy you’d like anyway, and I was dumb to think that you liked me,” He muttered.

“That’s not true at all,” I countered. “You’re so sweet and kindhearted. You actually care about me and how I feel and you’re so thoughtful and sensitive. I love spending time with you and I really like you Ryan, I truly care about you.”

“But not in that way, right?” Ryan finally looked at me.

I let out a small sigh before saying, “I’m crazy about you Ryan but when you asked me earlier, I just…got scared. I’ve never really had anyone who actually cared about me and it’s scared me. I guess it’s just hard to let someone in after I let someone in and they hurt me but…I care about you so much and I want to let you in.”

“I want you to let me in,” He gently said as he rested his warm large hands on top of my much smaller ones. “I won’t hurt you Kirstie, I really care about you and I want to take care of you…if you want me to.”

I reached up and rested my hand on his soft cheek as I gently stroked it with my thumb as I whispered, “I want you to…more than anything.”

He smiled brightly, his blue eyes twinkling at me. His eyes flickered down to my lips and back up to my eyes. I started to lean in, telling him I wanted this and he connected our lips. It was soft, gentle and sweet but still passionate. Once we had to part for air, he rested his forehead against mine and rubbed our noses together.

“I’ve wanted to do that for so long,” I giggled, continuing to stroke his cheek.

“You have no idea,” Ryan chuckled, wrapping his comforting arms around me before kissing me once again.

I’m so happy that I told him how I felt. I know that I won’t make a mistake by being with Ryan because he’s the most wonderful man I’ve ever met. Besides, now when Jake and Ky are being all lovey, I’ll have someone to be lovey with too!
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?