I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

He's... Not so Bad

While Kirstie and I were still talking, the boys finished up riding. Good! I wanted to talk to Jake! I was still focused on what I was talking to Kirstie about. I heard Jake and Ryan coming closer, but my eyes weren’t locked on them. As Kirstie was talking, a rather sweaty, dirty boy plopped down right in my lap!

“Jake!” I shot at him, giving him all of my attention now.

He just chuckled and wiggled around to ensure that I got even more dirt on me! Ok, I don’t mind a sweaty, dirty Jake, but… not when he rubs it on me!

“Why?” I groaned as he turned to show off his big smile.

“Because I love you,” he cooed and leaned in to plant a few kisses on my cheek. I could feel the dirt making contact with my skin though. EW!

“You’re lucky she loves you…” Kirstie taunted.

“I am,” he sighed and then moved around so that I was in his arms.

I glared, but I knew he couldn’t see it since my chest was pressed against his his. This wasn’t what I had in mind when I told myself I needed to talk to him!

“Have you asked him yet?” Ryan broke in, referring to our little trip.

“I was about to!” I shot at him.

“Ask me what?” Jake questioned.

“If you would just leave her alone,” Kirstie butted in, unable to keep her giggles away.

“Shut up!” was his comeback.

“I want you to come with me when Ryan and I go to Minnesota,” I told him.

“Really?” he seemed surprise. I have talked to him about it… but I haven’t invited him.

“Yes,” I couldn’t help but smile.

“Don’t act like you’re going to say no,” Ryan chuckled.

“Your parents would hate him,” Kirstie muttered.

“They would love him,” I cooed and actually managed to hug up to him more.

“I don’t know…” Ryan teased.

“Well, I’m going!” Jake stuck his tongue out after he spoke.

“YAY!” I squealed.

“So Kirstie and Jake are going,” Ryan started.

“I’m… going?” Kirstie looked up at her.

“Well… yeah,” he smiled now.

“Ryan never asks anyone. He just tells them what to do and expects them to give in to what he demands,” it was my turn to tease.

“I do not!” he shot at me.

“You so do!” I bickered.

“NU UH!”

“Yes you do!”

“I do…”

“Ok!” Jake broke it up.

“But!” I turned to him now.

“It’s ok. Shhh,” he replied and gave me a squeeze.

“Ha! He’s on my side!” Ryan snickered.

“Yeah,” Kirstie laughed.

“And to think you guys hated each other six months ago!” I laughed as well.

“He’s… not so bad,” Ryan muttered.

“Aw, Ryan,” Jake cooed.

My brother made a face that only caused the three of us to burst out in more laughter. I’m so glad they get along though! I honestly don’t know how long Jake and I would have last if they didn’t mend things. But they did! And now all of us are going home and visit the other Dungeys!
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??