I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

OH MY GOSH!

Over the next couple of days, the same thing has happened. All of us hung out, usually played around in the snow… and picked on each other. It never failed. Then, someone would usually walk off all mad… usually me, and Jake would come make me feel better. It was sweet. But it’s my brothers. I shouldn’t expect anything less from them.

Our time here is winding down though. I’m a little sad. I hate leaving my family, but… I cannot wait to get back home. I miss the warm sun! Tonight, we were having a big dinner. My mom pulled out everything and made all of our favorite dishes. It was so nice!

“I need a nap now,” I yawned once my stomach was full of my mom’s delicious cooking.

“Me too,” Jade agreed.

“You guys are pansys,” Blake laughed and continued to shovel food into his mouth.

I just rolled my eyes and relaxed back into my chair. Jake was just kind of picking at his food now. He’s been acting strange all day. I thought he was in kind of a bad mood. Not too much has come out of his mouth. I’ve kind of let him deal with it. I was around if he needed to talk to me. To ensure that he knew I was still here though, I reached over and placed my hand on his back, rubbing it gently. This made him glance over at me to show off his smile. That made me feel a little better about his mood.

As dinner wore on, everyone finished up as well. Kirstie and I helped my mom clean off the table before we came back in to hang with everyone a little more. Once everyone was seat, Jake started to address everyone.

“I just really wanted to thank you guys for welcoming me into your home with such open arms,” he started, making me smile. He’s adorable. “I know that Ryan and I never really got along in the past. Thank you guys for accepting Kylee and I’s relationship,” he added.

“As long as you’re good to her,” Blake spoke up.

“I always will be,” he smiled and turned. AW! I felt my face flush as he spoke. Darn it, Jake. “And I always want you to be there with me. I can’t imagine anyone else being by my side. I only want you,” he kept going.

“Aw, Jake,” I couldn’t help but coo.

“So, with you dad’s and brothers’ blessings, I want to know if…” he trailed up to get out of his seat… and onto one knee. Oh my gosh. NO! Not… now! Really? He’s… is he going to… Oh my gosh, Jacob!

“Ky,” he got going again while he took my hand, “sweetheart, will you marry me?” he asked and brought a ring from his pocket.

I… cannot believe him right now. He is asking me to marry him! Is he crazy?! I’m… only 22. Am I… ready for this? What if I’m not? Why didn’t he talk to me about this more?! OH MY GOSH! What do I do?

But… it was all so sweet. He asked my dad… and brothers! No wonder he was acting so weird today! He went through all of that trouble and he had to be so nervous as he was asking them for my hand in marriage. And he asks me in front of everyone! How can I turn him down?

“Yes,” I simply said and let my smile take over my whole face

He seemed to breathe a huge sigh of relieve before he slid the beautiful ring onto my finger. After it was in place, I gently took his cheeks in my hands to give him a quick kiss. As this was happening, everyone around us gave a cheer.

“I didn’t think he was going to do it!” Ryan chuckled.

“But I did!” Jake replied as he hopped to his feet.

“Aw, look how red she is,” Jade teased as he reached across the table to pinch my cheeks.

I just swatted his hand away. Butthead. No one could give me a warning for this! But it was adorable. Even if I doubts right now, I’m sure they would go away in time. I was just shocked more than anything… That’s how I’m explaining it now at least.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ky

comments??