I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Whole Being Engaged Thing

When my eyes opened the following morning, I saw Jake still nuzzled into my neck. It was adorable. I reached over and left a soft kiss on his forehead. It didn’t do anything, but make him sigh and nestle into me more. I smiled and held onto him.

He had a big day yesterday. It all made sense as to why he was acting so strange. He needed to talk to my brothers and dad. Poor thing was probably scared out of his wits. It had to have been so stressful for him.

As he continued to sleep, I caught the sparkle from my ring out of the corner of my eye. I was… engaged. I never thought I would be… especially this early in my life. I was happy and excited, but… still really unsure. I love Jake so much. I’ve thought about marrying him, but… not to the point where I thought he should ask me this very second! I don’t know how to voice this to him. I don’t want him to feel like I don’t want to do this. Something inside of me is just telling me that… this is too much too soon.

While I was still lost in thought, his breathing quickened a bit. It caught my attention. As I was looking at him, his eyelashes fluttered opened. He caught me gazing at him and let his smile come over him.

“Good morning,” I smiled too and let my hand run through his curly locks.

He mumbled something that I could only assume was good morning through his tired, groggy tone. It was adorable. No matter what I was thinking about before, I still know that this man is so cute in the morning. I cannot resist him.

While he was still slowly waking up, he rubbed at his eyes before cuddling back up to me. Aw, my Jakey.

“Someone’s sleepy,” I teased once my arms wrapped around him.

“I am,” he muttered.

I just giggled and left another kiss on his cheek. Since he was slowly drifting back off to sleep, I managed to work my way out from under him. My feet took me down the stairs and into the kitchen. No one was around, but coffee was made, telling me that people were up. I poured myself a cup and sat at the table, thinking over everything that had happened over the past twenty-four hours. Ah! It was so much.

“Look, it’s future Mrs. Weimer,” Ryan snickered as he walked in.

I just stuck my tongue out at him. It made him chuckle as he went on to get himself a mug and join me. Silence fell between us. Occasionally, I’d let out a sigh.

“For just getting engaged… you don’t seem too excited,” he spoke up.

“No, I am,” I put on a smile.

“I’m… really happy for you guys,” he smiled at me too.

“Aw, Ry,” I cooed. That’s sweet of him to say.

“I am. I haven’t ever seen a guy that makes you that happy,” he went.

“I love him,” I had to agree.

“It shows,” he replied. “And I expect to be best man at the wedding…” he went on to tease.

“I think that could happen,” I told him… but on the inside I was freaking out. Wedding! Ah! We just got engaged! No wedding talk now! I got enough of it last night.

“He did good though. I thought the ring he picked out would be hideous,” he teased.

“It’s perfect,” I smiled for real this time as I brought my hand out to admire my ring again.

“I think you two are perfect for each other,” Ryan said once more.

That in itself was such a great statement from him. I’m so happy that him and Jake have put all of their drama behind them. Look how far they’ve come! They’re spending weeks together now without any problems. It’s a beautiful thing. And Ryan even wants to be Jake’s best man at our wedding that will happen in the very distant future… It makes me happy that Jake and him are friends… I just need to work on my happiness about this whole being engaged thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
... Kirstie was too focused on the Ryan story I wrote her earlier... that's why she forgot a chapter... lol jk

Comment??