I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Say it With Any Less Emotion

Our time home at has come to an end. Wah, sad! Of course my brothers made a huge deal about it. They told me that they needed to be involved in every single last detail of the wedding. Yeah… wedding…

After everyone shared their goodbyes, my parents took us all to the airport. The goodbyes with them were a little more emotional. They always are. But I love them. Once they finally let us all go, the four of us sat, waiting for our flight to board. I sat sandwiched between Jake and Kirstie. Ryan was on the other side of her. A sigh came out of me as I rested my head on my boyfriend’s shoulder. He then hooked an arm around me and pressed his lips to my temple.

“Love you,” he mumbled; his lips brushing against my skin.

“Love you too,” I replied and tried to nuzzle up into him.

“Wow, Ky, say it with any less emotion,” Ryan teased.

“Shut up,” I muttered.

“Aw, baby,” Jake cooed.

I groaned and tried to hug up to Jake more. I was just in a weird mood today. I blamed it on me being tired and having to say goodbye to my parents and two other brothers. But I know I’m just stressing myself out about this whole engagement thing.

“Guess what I’m going to be doing the whole way home…” Ryan’s cheeky voice teased.

“I will punch you,” I muttered.

“Hey, now… none of that,” Jake stepped in.

I just crossed my arms and glared… at no one. Stupid Ryan! Can we just get home so I can lock myself in my room?!

Throughout most of the flight, I kept to myself. Jake would say some things to me every now and then. I just didn’t feel like talking… I didn’t feel like much of anything. This ring has me all kinds of worked up. Stupid ring… stupid, beautiful ring that my boyfriend gave to me and now he’s suddenly my fiancée! Like… how does this work just… in a snap?!

When we landed, I found my truck and drove home. That’s where I wanted to be right now. I just wanted to hide under the covers and not think about this for a little bit. Once I was home, Kirstie and Jake wanted to stay… but that didn’t stop me from going up into my room and concealing myself in my blankets. I just wanted some peace and quiet and…

“Ky…” Jake’s voce broke it all as he knocked on the door.

“What?” I grumbled.

“You… ok?” he asked.

“Fine.”

“Can I… come in?”

“If you want,” I answered.

Slowly, the door opened. My back was it to it, so I couldn’t see him. I knew he looked cute though. He woke up this morning and shoved a beanie over his curls. He looked adorable… and I knew if I rolled over, I would just melt at his feet. But he still came over and climbed into bed with me. When he was beside me, his arms wrap around me over the covers.

“Why is my beautiful girl so grumpy?” he questioned and left playful kisses on my cheek.

“I’m just… jetlagged,” I lied.

“Aw,” he cooed and pulled me in closer.

I didn’t have the heart to tell him how I was feeling. He was so excited and so sure about it when he asked. I don’t want to hurt him. I don’t know how he would handle it. It’s not that I don’t love him. It’s just so new to me. I don’t know how to handle it myself. I’m sure it’ll get better in time. Fiancée is just a new title that… I need to adjust to.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think it waaaas ;)

Ky

Comment??