I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

An Even Better Boyfriend

I grabbed my sketchbook and some pencils before heading out to the deck to soak up some warm sun. I needed to do some new designs for Kawi but I really just wanted to draw so I took a little break. I checked my phone occasionally and found that she still hadn’t texted me.
 
Ky’s been kind of…secluding herself from everyone. I think this engagement has her really shaken up. I felt bad for her and it’s getting to the point where maybe I should get involved…but for now I won’t.
 
“Kirstie!” Jake called out.
 
“I’m out here,” I replied.
 
He sauntered out in his shorts and tank top with his hair all sweaty and matted to his forehead, showing he had just gotten back from the gym. Jake plopped down on the chair next to me and looked at his phone.
 
“Kylee hasn’t texted me back and I called her and she didn’t answer,” He sighed. “Have you talked to her?”
 
“No,” I shook my head.
 
“Do you think she’s okay?” He asked.
 
“Her phone might just be dead Jake, or maybe she’s busy, or didn’t hear her phone, stop freaking out,” I chuckled, patting his shoulder.
 
“Ky seems to be acting weird lately though,” Jake softly said, his shoulders slumping.
 
I just shrugged, not feeling it was my place to say something just yet. I got up to sit by him and I rubbed his back a little.
 
“Jake can I talk to you about something?” I asked.
 
“Sure.”
 
“Do you think you’re maybe…rushing getting married?” I questioned him.
 
“No, I love her,” He shook his head.
 
“This doesn’t have anything to do with that. I know you guys love each other and are perfect for one another but you guys haven’t been going out all that long and do you think maybe you just got caught up in finding the right girl?” I asked.
 
“I guess…maybe a little. But I know I want to marry her,” Jake explained.
 
“I’m not saying you shouldn’t marry her, I just think that you should think through everything, you know?” I told him.
 
He nodded before looking back down at his phone. Jake just stared at it for a long time before noise came from the house. The door to the deck opened and Kylee popped her head out.
 
“Hey,” I smiled.
 
“Ky!” Jake beamed, getting up to greet her with a kiss.
 
“Can I talk to you for a second?” She asked.
 
He nodded before walking inside with her. The next person that walked through the doorframe made me smile so bright. I love seeing that hunky frame of his but his gorgeous eyes were hidden behind a pair of aviators and his hair was topped with a red bull hat. Ryan came over and lowered himself into the beach chair with me and pulled me up against his chest.
 
“So how was riding today?” I questioned, kissing his slightly stubbled cheek.
 
“Good,” He nodded. “I talked to Ky though.”
 
“Oh yeah?”
 
“Mhmm,” Ryan replied. “I just told her that I think she should talk to Jake and that they don’t need to rush this.”
 
“And she wanted to talk to him?” I raised an eyebrow.
 
He let out a cute laugh before saying, “Well…I might have done some persuading in that. She knew she needed to but she still didn’t want to so I might have pushed a little bit but she did walk in on her own free will.”
 
“Aw, you’re such a good brother,” I cooed. “But an even better boyfriend.”
 
“You and Kylee are the most important women in my life,” Ryan’s smile spread and his blue eyes twinkled even behind his sunglasses.
 
“And we’re lucky to be,” I replied, kissing him softly.
 
I hope that Kylee and Jake’s talk goes well. Whatever they decide, I completely support them and no matter what, they’ll always be my best friends and I just want what’s best for them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments??