I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Told You

“Ryan!” I squealed as he rode over. “You won!”

He let out a happy laugh as he pulled his helmet off. I let out another squeal and threw my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. I pressed a big kiss to his lips before letting go of him so Kylee could give him a congratulatory hug.

“Told you that tonight would be great,” Ryan told his sister.

She let out a laugh while pushing his shoulder lightly. He dismounted his bike and pulled both of us in for a tight hug before walking to a podium. As he was walking away I couldn’t help but admire how great his butt looking in his riding pants and I gave that ‘RD’ butt patch a good smack.

“I’m going to get you for that,” He pointed at me with a laugh as he walked away.

I just shook my head at him before Kylee and I walked back to the KTM setup. Ryan wasn’t the only rider I was watching during the race though. Jake got 12th and I knew it was because he was upset. Whenever he’s all worked up he can’t focus very well and I wanted to go check on him. I told Ky I’d be right back, figuring she knew where I was going but I didn’t want to come right out and say it.

“Jake,” I said, walking into the Kawi pit.

“What?” He mumbled.

“You okay?” I asked gently, rubbing his back. “I know you don’t race well when you’re upset.”

“Wow, I’m surprised that you even noticed how I did,” Jake muttered.

I raised an eyebrow as I asked, “Why do you say that?”

“You’re too busy watching your boyfriend,” He said.

I rolled my eyes at Jake, knowing he was just upset but I did decide to bring up Ky as I questioned him, “Do you think that maybe you should…talk to Ky?”

“No,” He muttered.

“Then why are you pouting all the time?” I retorted.

“I miss her,” Jake sighed.

“You’re so difficult!” I groaned. “You need to apologize to her.”

“She’s the one who didn’t want to marry me!” He threw back.

“But if you love her you should be willing to wait,” I replied.

“You’re totally on her side!” Jake threw at me.

My voice grew a pitch higher as I told him, “I’m not on anyone’s side! You guys are both my best friends and I want what’s best for both of you but you’re being really difficult right now!”

“You are on her side because you’re dating her brother!” He accused.

“She was my best friend before I dated Ryan!” I shouted back.

“Kirstie, it’s obvious you’re against me on this so just leave,” Jake huffed. “I thought you were my friend but I guess you aren’t!”

“I am! You’re the one that’s making me choose sides!” I countered.

“No, you’re the one that chose. So just go back to your Dungey side and leave me alone,” He turned his back.

I was so upset I didn’t even try to talk to him anymore. I went back to the KTM trailer and hoped that Ryan was back, I really needed him right now. When I walked inside the trailer I found him sitting on the couch next to Kylee. He saw the gloss over my eyes and Ryan’s face immediately softened as his arms opened.

“Jake’s a jerk,” I huffed, falling into his lap and letting his arms engulf me.

“Do you want to talk about it?” He gently asked, rubbing my back as he kissed the top of my head.

“He said I was siding with you guys and I wasn’t his friend,” I cried into Ryan’s chest.

“Aw baby,” Ryan cooed.

After this Ryan just held me while I cried and got my feelings out. It hurt to have Jake say that because we’ve been friends our entire lives and I thought our friendship would mean a little more to him but I guess it doesn’t. With the way he’s acting now though, I would much rather be on team Dungey!
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?