I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Want Us Again

Ever since the first race, everyone’s been a little… uptight. Jake and I needed to talk. That’s the bottom line. Whether we wanted to or not, we needed to. Kirstie eventually told us all what was said during her and Jake’s argument. I hated that their friendship was suffering because of this. So today… I’m going to Jake’s for the first time in… almost two months. Ever since the fight, Kirstie’s been staying with us. I don’t have a problem with it, but… I really miss Jake…

“You sure you want to do this?” Ryan asked once I snatched up my car keys.

“I have to,” I answered.

“I can… go beat him up,” he muttered.

“I think that’s ok,” I told him.

Ever since this falling out, Ryan doesn’t… seem to be on team Jake anymore. It kind of makes me sad. I always had the hope that Jake and I would get back together. Now, if we do, it’s going to be like ten times more work to get Ryan to like Jake again… if we even decide to get back together.

Leaving Ryan behind, I got into my car and took a route I hadn’t taken in so long. It felt weird to be honest. And when I saw his house, I got so many butterflies in my stomach. Maybe… I shouldn’t do this… It’s a bad idea. I should just accept that we’re not getting back together… Yet, here I am, knocking on his front door. When he answered it and those gorgeous blue eyes met mine, I could not breathe! Anything I had planned to say went flying out the window. I don’t even think I remembered what my name was!

“What?” he asked, snapping me out of everything.

“We need to talk,” I quickly remembered it all.

“Why?” he wrinkled all of his features up at me.

“I think it’s time,” I told him.

He opened his mouth to say something, but stopped himself. I think he realized it too. After a few seconds, he stepped back and let me inside. I was hit with a wall of his aroma. I just wanted to fall onto the floor and sniff all the air around me. It was something that sounded so pathetic, but… I missed the littlest things about him.

“You can start,” he huffed.

He’s hurt… and obviously when he’s hurt, he gets mean. It’s hard to handle! I want to be delicate, but still straight to the point.

“How are you?” was where I went.

“Fine,” he shrugged, refusing to look at me.

“Honestly,” I was still gentle.

“This sucks,” he shrugged again.

“Then talk to me so we can make it better,” I was getting impatient.

“You’re the one that wanted this,” he finally showed some emotion… by getting worked up.

“I thought that’s what you wanted.”

“I wanted to be with you. I would have done anything you needed me to do as long as you stayed with me. But you throw at me that you want this break!”

“Do you know how I’ve spent it? Curled up in bed, crying everyday because of how much I miss you,” I didn’t want to share this with too many people, but… it just came out… and I felt even more pathetic!

That was a hard pill for me to swallow. I just confessed that to him. He stared at me for the longest time. I felt uncomfortable. Blinking, I moved my eyes away from his and ran my hand through my hair. This got really intense… and nothing has really been said.

“Your… ring,” he spoke up softly.

“What?” I was confused.

“You… put it… on,” he pushed out, looking at my left hand that I had ran through my hair.

“I needed something to… make me happy,” I shrugged.

“The ring I gave you… made you happy?” he was speaking in such a softer tone now.

“It was from you. It was the only thing I had.”

“Oh my gosh, Kylee,” he groaned and rubbed his hands over his face.

“What?” I was confused all over again.

“What do you want from me?” he asked, slowly letting his hands fall.

“I want you… to want us again,” I strung together, but my voice was so small.

“I never stopped wanting that,” he replied, seeming to be a lot calmer now.

“Then why’d you let this happen?”

“Because that’s what you wanted.”

“I just want you,” I shook my head. Why would he think I actually wanted a break?!

Without saying anything, he rushed towards me and threw his arms around my torso, pulling me into his chest so tightly. Just feeling his warmth wash over me was enough to send a tingle all throughout my body.

“I love you so much,” he spoke tenderly with hand cradling the back of my head, refusing to let me go.

“I love you too,” I found myself getting a bit emotional.

He let go only long enough to plant a loving kiss on my lips. It left me breathless. I knew that he was the one for me. But I was so scared that I messed everything up. I hope this puts us back on track though… and we can finally plan our wedding and be together like we always wanted it to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ky

Comment??