I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Maid of Honor?

“How am I doing?” Ryan asked as he pulled off of the track in the backyard.
 
“Amazing, as always,” I smiled, pulling his helmet off to kiss him.
 
Once we parted, I pushed some of his sweaty hair back away from his forehead and smiled at him. He just looked so cute and I couldn’t help but admire how gorgeous he is.
 
“Here Ry, I got you some water,” I said, holding the water bottle out to him.
 
“Thanks babe,” He replied with his adorable voice. 
 
“Kirstie,” I heard someone call.
 
I turned my attention away from Ryan and looked at the deck, seeing Kylee standing there. Ryan said she went to Jake’s this morning so I hadn’t seen her yet.
 
“Can I talk to you?” She asked.
 
I nodded and gave Ryan a kiss on the cheek before starting to walk toward Ky. As I was walking, Ryan reached out and gave my butt a good smack, making a squeal come out of me. I sent him a playful glare but he just giggled so cutely.
 
I walked into the house and Kylee was already sitting on the couch. She seemed a little nervous, making me curious as to what she wanted to talk about. I plopped down next to her and asked what was up.
 
“Well I have something to ask you…” She trailed off.
 
“What?”
 
“I was wondering if you would…be my maid of honor,” Kylee mumbled.
 
“Maid of honor?” My eyes grew wide. “Wait…you’re getting married? You are Jake are back together?”
 
“Yeah,” She nodded.
 
“When did this happen?” I questioned.
 
“That day I went back to talk to him a few weeks ago…we made up. But I didn’t know how to tell you, or Ryan,” Ky sighed. “But will you be my maid of honor, or are you too mad at Jake?”
 
“Of course I will Kylee,” I beamed, hugging her tight.
 
“So you’re cool with Jake?” She questioned me.
 
“Well I’m still mad at him and that he said I wasn’t his friend but…I still care about him. But I care about you and I love you and I’m going to be there to support you no matter my feelings about Jake,” I assured her.
 
“Good,” Ky smiled, giving me another hug. “I just hope Ryan feels the same.”
 
“I know he will,” I said. “He just loves you a lot and wants to look out for you, but I’ll talk to him and make sure he’s okay with it.”
 
Kylee nodded and then went on to tell me some details about her wedding. I truly was happy for her and I’m glad she’s happy. After a while, she said she wanted to work on some things and headed upstairs. I didn’t hear Ryan’s bike running anymore so I decided I should go talk to him about this.
 
“Ryan, I have something to tell you,” I softly said as I walked into the garage, finding him pushing his bike onto the stand.
 
“Yeah?” He asked, turning around.
 
“I um, am going to be the maid of honor in Ky’s wedding,” I told him.
 
”What?” Ryan’s eyes grew wide. “They’re getting married?”
 
“Don’t get upset Ry,” I cooed, wrapping an arm around his hunky torso and stroking his soft hair.
 
“But…but they just…I didn’t even know they were together again!” He huffed.
 
“I know, I was surprised too,” I nodded. “But just try to think of your sister. She’s so happy Ryan and she really loves Jake.”
 
“He didn’t even talk to her for two months though! And he was so mean to you,” Ryan grumbled.
 
“Yeah, he did hurt my feelings but look, I’m still happy for them because I really care about both of them and I want them to be happy,” I replied. “Just try to have an open mind, for your sister’s sake and for mine because I don’t want either of you all upset.”
 
“Okay sweetie,” He nodded, wrapping his arms around me. “I’ll try.”
 
“Good,” I beamed, kissing him softly.
 
Ryan nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck and I rubbed his back softly. I was hurt by Jake and I’m kind of upset that he doesn’t seem to care about fixing our relationship but I love Kylee and I do care about Jake and I’m going to support them in this because I know how much they love one another.
 
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?