I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

That's Not Going to Work

The race that weekend went ok. Ryan and Jake didn’t do too well. But they left unhurt, so that’s always a good thing. I know they both expect so much from themselves, but as long as they’re not hurt, I’m a-ok with where they finish. And then I can always give Jakey some loving to cheer him up.

After the race though, I told Jake I was going to go hang with Kirstie and Ryan for a bit. We all went out for a late dinner. Ryan was in a good mood. I guess Kirstie had gotten to him. I like it… I wanted to try and get him and Jake to reconnect. I had a plan!

“How’s… wedding planning going?” Ryan was actually the one to ask me.

“Good,” I put a smile on. He just walked right into this.

“I… was going dress shopping this week. Do you… want to come?” I asked.

He looked back at me with a look like ‘yeah right’ expression. But this was going to happen! It needs to!

“I’m not going dress shopping,” he chuckled now.

“Please,” I pouted.

“Why do I need to go?” he huffed. He was slowly giving in!

“Because I need a male’s opinion… and then later you can help pick out Kirstie’s dress,” I explained.

“Kirstie can pick out her own dress,” he bickered.

“But you’re her man! She values your opinion!” I kept going.

“Aw, Ry, it’d be fun,” Kirstie jumped in. YES!

“Dress shopping fun?” he raised an eyebrow at her.

“I really want you to come, Ry,” I pouted still.

“Don’t look at me that way,” he groaned.

“But you’re my big bro,” I kept going.

“I have to go to the restroom,” he grumbled and pushed himself to his feet.

The whole time he was walking away, I made sure to maintain my pout. I caught him rolling his eyes as he rounded the corner. When I turned my attention back to Kirstie, She was eyeing me oddly though…

“What?” I asked her, unable to keep a giggle away.

“Why… do you want your brother to go dress shopping with us?” she questioned.

“Because… Jake’s going,” I grinned.

“He can’t go!” she shot at me.

“He’s not going wedding dress shopping!” I assured her. “I told him to meet us to get your dress.”

“Like it’s going to happen,” she laughed.

“It is! And then him and Ryan will be forced to buddy up!” I grinned.

“That’s not going to work!”

“It will!” I was hopeful.

Kirstie just shook her head, but a smile was there. That’s all I needed! She has hope too! She may not want to voice it, but she does! This is going to work! And Once Ryan came back, I got him to agree to go dress shopping! Ah! I cannot wait! This is going to be the greatest shopping adventure ever!
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??