I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

That's a Lie

“Aren’t you done yet?” Jake groaned after Kirstie had tried on a few dressed.

“She hasn’t found the right one yet!” I countered.

“She’s tried on like thirty of them,” Ryan grumbled.

“Twenty-nine,” Kirstie smirked before taking another one into the dressing room.

As she closed the curtain both boys let out another groan. This was so worth spending all of that extra time trying to convince them to come!

“It’s just a dress,” Ryan muttered.

“And it’s a bridesmaid’s dress nonetheless!” Jake added. Ah! Communication!

“But it has to like personify her,” I told them.

“… It’s just a dress,” Ryan looked at me like I was insane.

“Ha, you have to stay here for her to pick out her dress too!” Jake teased my brother.

“Shut up,” Ryan muttered.

“Ryan, you don’t… want to be here?” I pouted at him, just trying to add to this all.

“That’s not… no, that’s not what I meant,” he quickly stuttered out.

“Aw, baby, if I could stay, I would love to watch you try on dresses,” Jake was the little suck up.

“That’s a lie,” Ryan managed to chuckle.

“Is not!”

“You two,” I shook my head through a laugh.

Before they could get going again, Kirstie stepped out with a huge grin on her face. I think… she really likes this one. It was written all over her face.

“I like it!” she squealed.

“I love it,” Ryan seemed in awe of her. Oh, buddy…

They went on to share their little cutesy moment. While Kirstie was getting fitted for it, Jake pulled me closer against him. Before he spoke, he pressed a soft kiss to my cheek. It still had the power to cause butterflies to form in my stomach.

“I guess I have to leave now, huh?” he kind of pouted.

“I’ll miss you,” I cooed. He chuckled and leaned in to leave a gentle kiss upon my lips.

“Whatever dress you pick out, I know you are going to look absolutely beautiful,” he spoke softly.

“Aw, Jake,” I blushed and tried to hide it in his chest.

He chuckled once more at my reaction. Before he got to his feet, he gave me one more quick kiss. He then went over to give Kirstie a hug and told her how beautiful she looked. Aw! What a little sweetheart. Him and Ryan actually exchanged a goodbye and then he was gone… and it was wedding dress time!

While Kirstie was trying her dresses on, I poked around the shop. I kind of had an idea of what I wanted. I just had to go back and pick them out. I honestly loved the first one I tried on, but I didn’t want to miss any and tried on the rest… but I just couldn’t get over that first one. I put it back on and stood in front of the mirror, looking at it form all angles.

“Ky…” Ryan spoke up, “That’s it.”

“You think so?” I couldn’t help but smile.

“You look stunning,” he replied.

“Aw! Ry!” I felt myself getting all emotional right now.

Before I could say anything, I turned around and wrapped my arms around him for a tight hug. He’s been difficult at times, but I love my brother! He’s been behind me through pretty much everything and he’s just the greatest guy in my life… besides Jake of course!

“Aw, you guys are going to make me cry!” Kirstie sniffled already.

“Ryan’s getting glossy eyed too,” I teased, noticing a slight shine in his blue eyes.

“AW!” of course Kirstie found it adorable.

All of us shared a round of hugs before I made my decision. This was my dress! I was going to… marry Jake in this dress. Thinking about it made me weak in the knees. I’m getting married to one of the greatest guys I’ve ever met. The only thing that would make it better was if Jake and Ryan made up before the wedding… and Ryan was Jake’s best man. Today was progress though and we still have some time to make this happen. Lets get a move on boys!
♠ ♠ ♠
Ky

Comment??