I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Best Man

“Ah, it’s so close!” I squealed as I crossed off another day on the calendar.

“Four weeks,” Jake smiled as he came up behind me.

“Getting excited?” I couldn’t help but smile.

“I just can’t wait until you’re my missus,” he replied and left a few quick kisses on my cheek.

His soft lips sent me into a fit of giggles. As I tried to get away, he just held onto me tighter. I still put up a fight, but he responded by lifting me up and placing me down on the countertop. He wedged himself between my knees; his hands on my hips, keeping me right where I was.

“You’re lucky you’re cute,” I teased and rubbed my nose against his only to then leave a tender kiss on his lips.

“Ok, so… best man… Who is it?” I started up again once we parted. Our wedding’s in less than a month and he still doesn’t have one!

“I don’t know,” he shrugged.

“Jake!”

“I don’t know!” he chuckled now.

“You need to know,” I whined and tugged at his shirt on each side of his shoulders.

“I mean… I thought about someone, but… I don’t… really know for sure,” he huffed.

“Ask him! We need to get this going!” I giggled.

“Yeah, but… I don’t know,” he seemed nervous.

“Who is it?” Believe me when I say he has not talked about this once to me.

“… Your… brother,” he slowly pushed out.

“Seriously?!” I was so surprised. I know they’ve been getting a lot better lately, but… oh my gosh! Is he really going to ask Ryan to be his best man?!

“I don’t know if he’d want to though,” he made a face; showing his shrug that way.

“I bet he would,” I was so full of hope right now!

“I thought he would always be, but then… our little… thing happened and I don’t know if we’ve really made up since then,” he explained.

“You’ll just have to ask him,” I encouraged and rubbed his back gently.

“I don’t want to,” he whined and let his head fall onto my shoulder.

“Aw, Jakey,” I cooed and let my hand wander over his neck and into the back of his hair.

“I just don’t now if I can handle that type of rejection,” he muttered playfully.

“You got two other Dungey boys to ask if he says no,” I taunted.

“Yeah, if one says no, I’m not asking another…” he chuckled and lifted his head up.

“I think Ryan will say yes,” I was honest with him. “And then I can have adorable pictures with my two favorite men in this world,” I added.

“So… Ryan’s your favorite brother?” he snickered.

“Well…” I played along.

“I’m telling Jade and Blake!” a playfulness took over his whole face.

“I will… tell them not nice things about you!” I replied.

“You wouldn’t!” he gasped teasingly.

“Mhm… I’ll tell them… you… are a bad kisser!” I tried to hold in my giggles.

“… You think I’m a bad kisser?” he raised an eyebrow at me.

“Maybe…” I taunted still.

“Well… I’ll keep all of my kisses then,” he grumbled and turned to leave the kitchen.

“No!” I went after him.

“You said I was bad!” he replied.

“I didn’t mean it!” I pouted and tugged at his arm to get him to turn around.

“Nope. You meant every word,” he stuck his nose in the air.

“Jakey,” I stopped and removed my hand from him, pouting where I stood.

Slowly, he turned to look back at me. After holding my gaze for a few long seconds, his expression softened. His feet brought him closer to me until he was able to wrap his arms around my middle.

“I love you,” he chuckled and pecked at my lips.

“I love you too,” I replied. “And your amazing kisses.”

My words brought a chuckle out of him. Once we were settled, he led me into the living room so I could encourage him to talk to Ryan about being his best man more. This needs to happen! If it doesn’t… Jake my not have a best man for our wedding.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??