I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Is He Okay?

The sound of Ryan’s bike filled my ears as he rode off of the track and over to me. He asked me if I wanted to come watch him ride today and although I had some things to do, I would rather be with Ryan so I agreed. I sat on the tailgate of his truck and watched him get off his bike.

Ryan pulled his gloves off and yanked his helmet off, showing his messy hair and sweaty face. He looked so cute with his cheeks red and his blue eyes opened wide as he panted softly. I handed him a water bottle that he quickly drank. Once he got his breathing more steady, he wiped his face off and pulled his jersey off of his torso.

“How’d I do babe?” Ryan asked me.

“Amazing as always,” I beamed.

“Do I get some kisses?” He innocently questioned.

“Of course,” I put my hands out for him.

Ryan walked over to where I was sitting on the tailgate and put his warm hands on my knees. I wrapped my legs around him and let my hands run over his toned bare chest. He smiled at me before leaning in to connect our lips.

“I love you,” Ryan whispered as he rested our foreheads together and he brought his strong hand up to cup my cheek.

“I love you too,” I replied. “Do you want to get something to eat? I’m really hungry.”

“I’ll get changed and then I’ll take you out to dinner,” He smiled, pecking my lips before going over to change into a pair of shorts and a tank top, showing off his muscular arms.

“Where do you want to go Ry?” I asked once we got in the truck.

“Wherever you want,” He grinned, taking one hand off of the wheel to hold mine.

I tried to think of where I wanted to do as we pulled up to a stoplight. Ryan gave my hand a little squeeze before the light turned green and we started going. All the sudden I heard honking and let out a gasp as I saw a truck coming toward us. I screamed and Ryan let out a yell and he reached over, pushing me back as far as I could go before everything went black.

Later when I woke up I found out I was in the hospital. Luckily there was a nurse there who explained to me what happened. She said I was fine and all I had was a concussion and I could go whenever I wanted.

“Wait, where’s Ryan?” I got worried. “Ryan Dungey, is he okay?”

She said she’d go find out but when she came back in, I heard something I didn’t want to, “He’s in surgery right now and has quite a few injuries but you can see him once he gets out.”

The nurse left after this and I quickly grabbed my phone, dialing Jake’s number.

“What’s up?” He answered.

“Jake, Ryan and I were in a car accident,” I told him.

”What?” Jake threw back. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine but Ryan…” I said as tears started coming out. “He’s in surgery and I don’t know if he’s okay.”

“I’m sure he’s fine Kirst, don’t worry,” He tried to calm me down.

“But what if he’s not?” I cried. “It’s my fault too. I wanted to go to dinner and I didn’t-“

“Kirstie don’t,” Jake cut me off. “Don’t get yourself worked up. We’ll be down there as soon as we can and Ryan will be okay, don’t worry.”

I nodded and hung up the phone. I couldn’t help but cry and be worried about Ryan, I mean, I don’t even know what’s wrong! I just want my boyfriend to be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?