I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

I Need Him

“Babe, we got to go,” Jake rushed to his feet once he was off the phone.

“What’s going on?” I asked, so confused right now.

“Kirstie…” was all he said and hurried out of the room to slide his shoes on.

“Jake, what’s going on?” I asked again.

“An accident,” he pushed out.

“What?!” I got scared now.

“We have to go,” he said and then snatched up his truck keys.

Without saying anything else, I followed and climbed inside. He took off quicker than he usually does. I wanted to ask him what was going on, but he was obviously upset as it is. To try and ease his mind, I reached over and laced my fingers with his. Every so often, I’d give his hand a squeeze just to remind him that I was here.

“Kirstie called,” he finally started. “She said that Ryan and her were in an accident.”

“Are they ok?” I was quick to ask.

“She said that Ryan… was in surgery,” he sighed.

“Oh my gosh,” I couldn’t hold in my gasp.

He just nodded his head. Ryan’s… in surgery! Oh my gosh! I hope he’s ok! I hope Kirstie’s ok! I hope they’re both ok! But it sounded like Kirstie was fine! But what about my brother? Why did he need surgery?

As Jake drove on, he was the one squeeze my hand now. My brother… No! Nothing happens to him! This can’t happen to him! I wanted to… cry. Crying wasn’t really going to do anything though but upset me and maybe even upset Jake.

The rest of the ride was nothing but silence. Even the thud of Jake’s speakers couldn’t be heard. It was the worst!

When Jake parked his truck, he shut the engine off. After he had quickly undone his seatbelt, he turned to me and just wrapped me up tightly. Once pressed against him, my tears started to come out.

“It’ll be ok,” he assured me and smoothed over my hair.

“I need him,” was the only thing that came out.

“I know, baby,” he countered and pulled me in even closer.

He held me for a few more long seconds before pressing his lips to my forehead. It made me feel a little better, but… I needed to know what was going on with Ryan before anything was going to calm me.

After my tears had stopped, Jake slowly let go of me. The two of us climbed out of his truck and started heading inside. On the way, Jake latched onto my hand, holding it snugly. When we found Kirstie, however, he let go of me and hurried over to wrap her up in a hug. She didn’t look too good. She seemed to be just as worried as I was. Once their moment was over, I went over and gave her a comforting embrace too… and then the tears just started to pull out of both of us. As sobs started to come out, Jake came over and hooked his arms around Kirstie and I. If we weren’t lost in tears, this may be a sweet little moment, but… it sucked and I wish this wasn’t happening at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ky

Comment??