I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Will You Just Listen to Me Once?

Ryan had to stay in the hospital a few more days before they released him. Jake and I, along with Kirstie stayed with him to do what we could to take care of him. I felt like I needed to do more though. This was what I did before I moved out. Kirstie told me over and over again that she’d stay and take care of him, but… he’s my brother. I can do it! I’ve done it ever since I can remember.

Now, I was making him lunch. He’s been staying up in his room. Jake and I have been camping out on the couch… since Ryan already took over my old room for a game room. While I was finishing up, Jake came into the kitchen with me.

“Why don’t we go out for a little bit?” he suggested.

“But… Ryan,” I huffed.

“Kirstie’s here,” he countered.

“But…” I couldn’t think of another excuse.

“Babe,” he chuckled.

“Maybe another time,” I told him.

“Ky,” he huffed as I walked out.

I just let him go. He’ll get over it. Ryan needs someone! And that someone is me! I can’t have my brother down. And if he is, I’ll be the one trying to get him back to where he needs to be.

When I made it into his room, Kirstie was in there, sitting on the bed with him. Once he saw me, Ryan asked Kirstie if he could talk to me. After she left, I still gave him his lunch and asked him if he needed anything else.

“For you to go be with your husband,” he chuckled in reply.

“What?” I wrinkled my brow up.

“Ky, I’m fine,” he countered.

“But you…”

“I’m ok,” he cut me off.

“Ry…”

“Seriously,” he smiled now. “I’m ok; just a bit sore.”

“But, Ryan…”

“Will you just listen to me once?” he laughed again.

“I don’t want to,” I crossed my arms, but I couldn’t fight off a playful smile.

“See. You know. I’m fine. I got Kirstie. She’ll take care of me,” he let his own smile come over him.

“I know, but…” I sighed.

“JAKE!” he shouted, not letting me finish yet again.

Within a few seconds, Jake’s heavy footsteps could be heard coming up the stairs. As he poked his head around the door, he flashed off a big, bright smile.

“Yes?” he grinned so cutely.

“Take your wife away!” Ryan groaned playfully.

“I’m trying!” he chuckled.

“Kylee!” Ryan shook his head now.

“I told her Kirstie could handle it,” my husband added.

“Jeez,” my brother chuckled now as well.

“I think she just has a little trouble with accepting that her brother actually has a good girlfriend…” Jake smirked.

“You don’t know anything!” I muttered.

“I know everything!” he bickered with me.

I just glared at him, causing him to smile at me knowingly. Ok… maybe he was… right. But!

“Come on. Lets go do something,” he spoke up.

“I don’t know…”

“Ky, go! I’m just going to be here with Kirstie,” Ryan countered.

After looking back at him and seeing the sincerity in his eyes, I… agreed. It was still… different to not really take care of Ryan when he’s down. But I guess… this is going to happen. I have to take care of my husband now. And if he wants to go out and do something, then I guess… I have to leave my brother behind to go do something.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??