Status: Active. Hope you like it! Please let me know what you think!

Transportation Miscalculation

Ideas and Nightmares Discussed

AN: The start of this chapter is back in time a bit to where we left off with Loki at lunch with Thor and the others just so you don't get confused or anything. Also it is entirely in Loki's POV which is a first so I hope you like it!

Chapter 20 ~ Ideas and Nightmares Discussed

~Loki~

"I don't know," I repeated, still looking at Sif.

Sif sighed, "Then start from the beginning and perhaps we will be able to pick out what, if anything, you did wrong." Her statement was followed by nods from Tor and The Warriors Three.

I was curious as to why they were so willing to help me. Especially Sif, she hated me for things long since passed. I, however, wasn't going to pass up an opportunity to figure out how not to hurt Jinx in the future.

"Well, I've been teaching Jinx how to teleport and she is quite proficient, she transported both herself and I from the shores on the edge of Asgard all the way here. I know how much magic takes out of a person, especially such an intricate magic such as teleportation, so I was trying to get her to eat something more nutritious than just fruit as she had had only fruit for breakfast. She ate one cheese cube and then left the table and I asked if that was all she was having and she got angry and disappeared." I let out a long sigh as I finished.

"Well, there is where you went wrong!" Fandral laughed, "You never want to tell a strong-willed woman what to do! Just look at Sif, she was told she couldn't be a warrior and what did she do? She became the finest warrior of our day."

"Perhaps you need to convince her that eating more will not cause her to become fat," Volstagg chimed in, "I have to convince my wife of that nearly daily," he finished, letting out a loud chuckle.

"She looks sickly as it is," Thor butted in next, "she needs more meat on her bones if she is going to fit in here." I growled at his comment, Jinx looked perfect.

"Males," Sif shook her head in disgust, "she is simply playing hard to get, she wants you to prove that you care for her, she needs you to prove you won't leave when she pushes you away."

I thought perhaps Sif was getting closer, but the look of anger with a trace of fear on Jinx's face just before she left had be believing that there was more to it than just that.

"Perhaps," came Hogun's quiet voice in response to Sif's statement, "but maybe there is something in her past that caused such a strong reaction to you trying to care for her. She is strong, and that kind of strength often comes from not being cared for by the two people who should care the most."

My mouth dropped open slightly, of course, how could I have been so stupid? Jinx told me her parents didn't like her, didn't care for her. Maybe I was too pushy; everyone needs to be coaxed into new situations. I nodded my head slightly, "I think you are right Hogun, I need to find Jinx."

As I made my way out of the Dining Hall I began to feel a strong sense of arousal coming from Jinx, I could tell it was arousal because a certain part of my anatomy began to stiffen. The arousal was mixed with a slight hint of anticipation and a growing streak of impatience. I began walking towards Jinx's room because if she were pleasuring herself I figured that is where she would be. What else could the arousal be coming from?

Just as I reached the hall that held the sleeping chambers the feelings changed abruptly to first confusion, then horror, fear, and concern. I swiftly made my way to Jinx's chambers, but she wasn't inside. I was afraid someone may have taken her, but the concern was not for herself, no it seemed more directed toward a loved one.

I needed to find Jinx so I allowed my mark to reappear and sent her my message. I apologized and asked if she was ready to talk. When I read her reply I smiled and imagined myself holding Jinx in my arms. When I felt the solid matter between my arms I opened my eyes and saw we were back on the shore.

I squeezed Jinx gently before stepping away, not wanting to rush her into anything. "Why have you come here?" I queried softly.

"I like this place, the waves are soothing," she murmured digging her toes into the sand and sitting down. She let out a little yawn.

"Are you sleepy? We can talk later if you wish to sleep," I offered.

"Just woke up actually, I had the most peculiar dream."

I felt her emotions from her dreams again? I wondered to myself, but emotions are usually lessened in dreams, they shouldn't be strong enough to come through our bond. "Will you tell me about it?" I asked softly.

A blush lit Jinx's cheeks as I settled myself on the sand beside her, "Well, we were in your room about to…about to…" her words trailed to nothingness.

"About to what?" I asked innocently, even though I had a pretty good idea what.

"Have sex," she squeaked, then cleared her throat, "but you didn't make it out of your clothes before my dream shifted to some sort of battle going on in New York. Then you were thrown around by a giant green man and you yelled at him before he threw you around like a rag doll," her voice became soft and her eyes were looking so far away, almost as if she didn't realize she was still talking, but she continued, "You were so cold, so mean, everything that you aren't now, at least not around me. I wonder if what was happening in my last nightmare changed you into the person in this one…" her voiced trailed off again, but her eyes were still glazed and far away.

"Your last nightmare?" I asked, "What happened in it? Tell me," I urged.

Jinx closed her eyes and took a deep breath before replying, "You were tied to a large stone slab and a hooded creature was torturing you. You were in so much pain," her voice faltered and tears began leaking down her face, "You were in so much pain that I could feel everything he did to you. He wanted you to lead an army and rule Earth. He wanted you to bring him something called a Tesseract? I'm not sure what that is, but he wanted it and you looked so sick and you were going to give in, I could see on your face that you couldn't take any more torture." She was sobbing now and I pulled her onto my lap and she buried her head in my chest, "I was going to make him stop, take your place, something, but then it ended, they always end before I can reach you and make you better," she dissolved into sobs after that.

"Shh, shh," I soothed, rubbing my hand up and down her back. My mind was reeling; I was tortured and somehow turned into a cold man who started a battle in…what had she said…New York? Must be some place on Midgard, but when would this happen and how could she see it before it happened? I would have discounted her dreams as just that, but no Midgardian should know of the Tesseract, even if it DID fall to Midgard many years ago. Still lost in thought I began rocking the still sobbing Jinx. When she began to quiet I thought perhaps now was the time to ask about what had happened in the Dining Hall. "Jinx?" I ventured.

She lifted her head and looked at me, "Yes?"

"Why were you so angry with me earlier?"

"Oh, it's nothing," she mumbled looking away.

I pulled her chin so she was looking at me again, "You were really upset Love, please tell me why," I implored.