‹ Prequel: Lucario Love

Death of Giovanni

Chapter 5

“I’ll not ask you again, state your business here before I have to get my hands dirty,” Mewtwo said telepathically.

“We came to ask for your help,” Sarah said unexpectedly from behind Ash. Sarah stepped into Mewtwo’s sight and looked him full in the eyes.

“W-what kind of treachery is this?” Mewtwo asked, letting out a full range of emotions in that one sentence, “I’m the only Mewtwo in existence… why does this mockery of me live?!”

“I live because he created me… and Giovanni will not stop until every last Mewtwo he’s ever created is either an obedient slave or dead,” Sarah said, matching Mewtwo’s anger.

“Mewtwo, we need your help. Giovanni has crossed the line this time, and he can’t be allowed to do this any longer,” Ash said, hiding his face from the large bipedal cat, “Please… we need your help.”

Mewtwo looked at ash with curious eyes. He still didn’t like this kid, especially since he had stopped his plan back on New Island, but Mewtwo couldn’t hold a grudge either, because this same kid had helped him when he thought that all humans were just like Giovanni, evil, heartless and only thinking of themselves.

“Very well, I shall assist in your endeavor. But I warn you now, if I even detect a hint of treachery from any one of you, then I shall kill you without a moments hesitation. With the exception of Sarah of course,” Mewtwo said after a moment of thought.

“Thank you, Mewtwo, this means a lot to me,” Sarah said as she hugged the other Mewtwo.

“Ash can you get her off of me? This position is… disturbing,” Mewtwo said, his telepathic voice full of disdain.

“Aww, but you’re such a cute couple!” Jesse said as she watched Mewtwo try and pry the pink cat off of himself.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the group left the mountain, Mewtwo stopped and looked up at the sky. It was dark out, the sun having just set about an hour ago and the stars were winking into existence. Mewtwo thought about the twist of fate that had brought him once again into the life of Giovanni of Team Rocket. He had tried so hard to ensure that Giovanni wouldn’t get his greedy little claws into him again, but the appearance of Sarah had made him doubt the probability of ever being free from Giovanni. He was holding the prospect of mating before his eyes and laughing as Mewtwo reached up to grab the chance, only to find that Giovanni had pulled back at the last second and said, “You have to try harder than that, Mewtwo!”
“Whatcha thinking about, Mewtwo?” Ash asked the Pokemon.

“This whole mess… it’s his fault. He needs to be destroyed.” Mewtwo said more to himself than to Ash.

“Well… then we need to head back to Viridian City. Giovanni should still be there and what better place to keep Mewtwos captive than at a Gym? If they’re not there, then we just take a quick little nip into his mind and take what we need,” Ash said seriously as he looked to the stars.

“You’ve thought this through a great deal, haven’t you?” Mewtwo asked the young trainer.

“You try having to deal with a father that’s the leader of a criminal organization…” Ash said quietly to himself as Mewtwo turned and started back down the mountain again. Ash waited for a few minuets and followed behind the psychic Pokemon.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Sarah woke up next to Ash’s tent. She wasn’t even aware that she had moved last night and assumed that it had something to do with sleep walking. She went to the stream that they had camped next to and splashed some of the cool mountain water on her face to wake herself up. She looked up and noticed Mewtwo hovering close to a tree, watching the sunrise. She floated up to the male Mewtwo and watched it with him.

Mewtwo looked at the female and said, “You care about that human… don’t you?”

“Is it that obvious?” Sarah asked.

“No, but you answered my question all the same. It won’t work between the two of you. He’s gay,” Mewtwo said quietly.

“I know… but I can’t help myself… he is the only person that has ever shown me any kindness… Lucario as well, even though he is jealous of my advances towards Ash,” Sarah said sadly, “I love him. It’s as simple as that.”

Mewtwo looked at Sarah and said, “What would you do if he didn’t return your love? Would you find some other mate or would you try and make him change his mind about you somehow? He is a gentle spirit, and even though I detest him, I find that I too am drawn to Ash. It is very confusing…”

“Yes, it is,” Lucario said. Lucario had woken up to the sound of Sarah’s splashing in the creek. He followed the sound and decided to keep to the shade of the trees as the ‘Two’s spoke to each other. “Ash is a very kind young man… He attracts me, even though we are of two different species. I don’t think he even cares about the difference at some times.”

“Yes, I believe that is true,” Mewtwo said, “In his eyes all things are equal, and it doesn’t matter to him what others think. I only wish that others were as compassionate about life as that kid is…”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the conversation, all three of the Pokemon went back to the camp. They found Jesse cooking breakfast and Ash just climbing out of his tent with a massive amount of bed head. Ash yelped in surprise as Lucario pounced on his lover and kissed Ash, but he didn’t complain about anything after the kiss.

They broke apart and had breakfast. After that, they all helped clean their mess with the exception of Mewtwo who said, “I will not bring myself to the level of humans.”

After clean up, they packed their things and started walking back to Clarity.

Mewtwo, who was impatient enough as it was decided that he’d had enough of walking around and said, “This annoys me… Grab your things, we are teleporting to Viridian.”

“Alright, just... try not to land us in the middle of the road, alright?” Ash said skeptically as he grabbed his things. The rest of the group except for Sarah nodded in agreement as Mewtwo’s eyes started to glow a dark blue. He teleported them to the doorstep of the Viridian City Pokemon Center and they prepared for what must come next.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well that's all for now, you'll just have to wait for me to get back from Air Force Basic training to get the rest ^_^