Status: On Vacation from July 20th to July 31st

Everything Has Changed

Chapter 4

Alex leaves for tour tomorrow, over the passed few days we were back to being distant and I didn't like it. I wanted to surprise Alex, I did this every time he went on tour but I wasn't sure how he'd take it. The day before tour, I'd dress up a bit in lingerie and well you know the rest. I had already bought something and Alex was due home any minute.

I put it on and sat on the bed, I heard the front door slam and my heart started to beat a little faster. I was so nervous my palms began to sweat and my vision was going in and out of vocus. But by the time Alex opened the door, I was there on full display and Alex stood there shocked. He just looked at me, eyes wide but something was different. I smiled a bit and Alex shook his head.

"God dammit" He muttered, grabbed his house coat and threw it at me. That's when the world stopped, I've tried everything to save our relationship and here he was stabbing daggers in my heart. Tears welled up in my eyes and I looked at him.

"I'm sorry" I muttered. "I thought that-"

"Well you thought wrong" He stated, putting on some pajamas.

"I heard what you said"

"What?" He asked, confused by my vague statement.

"What you said to Rian and Cass, is it true?" I asked, my voice cracking and staring up at him with pleading eyes.

"What is true?"

"That you can't do it anymore" I whispered. "That you don't want to be with me"

Alex's eyes filled with something I couldn't read, I heard the dogs scratching at the door and I walked over to let them in. They followed me into the closet as I pulled on a sweater and took off the stupid outfit. When I walked out, Alex was sitting on the window seat looking outside.

"I was going to wait till after tour to tell you" Alex stated and I shook my head, knowing what he meant.

"Well I'm glad you could tell me now, I'll take care of the dogs for awhile and I'll be out of here by the time you get back"

Alex stared at me again, I was wiping tears away from my eyes and he ran his hands through his hair. Then he stood up and walked towards the door. He then looked back at me, one more time and he leaned his head on he frame of the door, staring at me trying not to cry.

"I'm sorry" He said, I nodded and looked towards the window. "Baz, Peyton you coming?"

The dogs growled at Alex, jumped on the bed and sat beside me. Animals can sense tension and emotion, Baz and Peyton knew Alex was hurting me, I felt bad because in retrospect they weren't really my dogs. When I heard Alex close the door, I let everything I was holding in out and I was not even going to be quiet about it. I just lost Alex, I lost him because of something I couldn't change.

I felt so betrayed, so insecure and vulnerable.

Image


When I awoke, my eyes would barely open because I had cried so much. It was one o'clock in the afternoon, I gasped because I was going to miss my appointment with the doctor. I grabbed some sweat pants and jogged down the stairs. I was guessing Alex had already left since his stuff was gone. I ran into the kitchen and jumped, being scared by Cassadee's figure drinking a cup of tea.

"Good morning" She grunted and I was guessing she already heard the news.

"Hey"

"So, Alex and you"

"Done" I said, sitting on the counter and taking a bite of an apple. "He was waiting till after tour to tell me"

"So where are you going to go now?" She asked, and I shrugged.

"I was thinking about going to visit my brother for awhile, seeing my niece and nephew"

"They live in Canada right?"

"Yeah, I think it would be good to go see my family for a bit" I suggested and she nodded.

"Want me to drive you to the appointment?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yes please" My voice croaked, indicated another round of tears forming in my eyes and Cassadee cooed, taking me in her arms and rubbing my back. "I love him"

"I know sweetie, I know"

Image


"Well the results are in, and it appears that you are responding to the treatment well" Dr. Reynolds said, and I signed in relief. One good thing had to come out of today.

"So we're going to put you on a bit of a hiatus for a few weeks, just to see what would happen"

"Is she allowed to have alcohol or..?" Cassadee asked the question I was thinking

"I would say yes, but don't overdue yourself maybe a drink or two" He suggested and I nodded. "What are you planning to do on your break?"

"I'm going to visit some family up in Canada"

"Will Alex be joining you?" He asked, and I took a deep breath before shaking my head.

"Unfortunately last night Alex and I decided that we should break things off"

"Oh, I'm so sorry dear - that's very common in a situation like this" He assured and gave me a hug before wishing me luck and leaving the room.

"When are you going to go?" Cassadee asked, and I shrugged.

"Tomorrow I guess, I'll drop the dogs off at Alex's parents house and I'll go"

"Are you going to fly?" She asked and shook my head.

"I'm going to take the mustang"
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Image