Status: **In Progress

Don't Open the Door for Strangers

He's Still Picking Up the Pieces

10 years later...
“James Sullivan get your ass out of bed now!!” Matt yelled from down stairs.
Jimmy sighed and rolled his eyes. It was 7 am on a Saturday and Matt was dragging him to the gym. He rolled off of the small twin bed that his feet hung off about 3 inches and hit the floor with a thud. He headed down stairs and was greeted with the smell of banana pancakes.
“Hey Jimbo.” Matt said cheerily and tousled his hair.
“‘Morning.” the sixteen year old grunted.
“You sleep too long.” Matt stated.
“Jokes on you,” the boy retorted as he plopped down at the small oak table. “I don’t sleep.”
His beautiful ice blue eyes were blood shot and had large pathetic looking bags under them. He was tall and lanky, with wiry muscle under his pale skin. He had callouses on his hands from the wicked beating he gave them while he drummed. His black as night hair hung to his shoulders and was always getting pushed back from his face.
Matt set a heaping pile of pancakes in front of him and smiled.
“Happy birthday!” He cheered.
“Swell...” Jimmy sighed. “Thanks.”
Matt constantly worried about his boy. Well he wasn’t really his. Matt would never forget the night he acquired this sweet boy, covered in his own mothers blood and crying hysterically.
Jimmy hadn’t had a good nights sleep in 10 years. Every night Matt was continuously shaking him awake from the terrible nightmares that wracked this boys brain. Every time he blinked, he shuddered like that nights images were seared into his eye lids. Matt didn’t doubt that they weren’t.
He’d been through therapy. Many years of it, but to no avail. Matt could never get him to open up about that night. This boy was scared, deeper than anybody Matt had ever known or seen on the television. He couldn’t forget how he found Jimmy slitting his wrists, and he held him while he cried. This was going to be an even harder year for Jim. This year was the 10th anniversary of his mothers death. Every year a few of the boys relatives sent him a whopping sum of money on the date. Matt had no idea why, he supposed it was out of guilt for not taking him. But deep down, Matt was glad he adopted the boy. He couldn’t imagine life with out him.
Matt snapped out of his moment of deep thought and pulled a small box wrapped in blue paper from the cupboard.
“Here.” he handed the box to the boy.
“What’s this?” he asked.
“Your present.”
“You didn’t have to do that.”Jimmy sighed.
“Shut up and open it.” matt commanded.
The teen sighed and opened the box, inside there was a glossy magazine clipping of the black and white 8 piece drum kit the kid had been fawning over for almost 2 years.
“What’s this for? Just to tease me?” he asked.
“Go to the garage.” Matt commanded.
Jimmy got up and took off as fast as he could to the small garage out front. He threw open the door and shrieked.
“Oh my god, you got it!!!” he jumped on Matt and just about squeezed the mans insides out. Matt was overcome with joy at the one thing he seemed to do right in 10 years. He stood back and watched as Jim took the sticks in his hands and began to play out an amazing drum riff.
“So that’s what you do instead of working!” Matt chuckled once he was done. Jimmy worked at the small music station just down the road from the cop shop where Matt worked. Some days if you stood out side and listened, you could hear the boy drumming from down the road.
“I call it double riding.” the teen explained.
“Well its pretty damn amazing JimJam.” that boy would be something great someday.
After Jimmy played around the boys piled into Matt’s Honda and headed to the gym where they spent the next few hours testing each others strength.
Matt was laughing hysterically as Jimmy tried to bench the same as him, but stopped to help get the bar off of the poor kids neck. Then the fun stopped when a mysterious man walked into the gym.
Jimmy went rigged. He knew this man. The behemoth of a man with a scar across his left eye, and those beady little eyes.
Jimmy wanted to kill him then and there.
Matt stared at the humongous man. He was shifty looking.
“My Spidey senses are tingling.” he whispered to Jimmy. Jim didn’t reply, he was stiff as a statue and had the look of death on his face.
“Jim, What’s going on?” Matt panicked.
Just as soon as the man walked in, he walked out. Once he was gone, Jimmy unclenched and loosened up.
“He killed my mom.” Jimmy simply stated, then fell backwards onto the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
So quite honestly, I have no idea where this story is going to go. I've just been going with the flow lol
I hope you're enjoying it!