Status: A work in progress :)

The Pressure To Be Perfect

Kayden is your just average 16 year old. He's got friends, he's got a loving family, and he's happy...or so everyone thinks. What no one see's, though, is that Kayden is afraid. Of what, he doesn't know, but it's eating him alive. He doesn't know what's wrong with him, but nothing seems to be able to make him happy. Join him as he struggles to keep living through the world he's creating for himself.

Warning: Story contains self harm, and may contain the following: alcohol abuse, verbal and physical abuse, self hate and other graphic scenes.

I'm rating this as R, but if you feel that it should be NC-17, then tell me.

This is a concept based story. Each chapter is made up of multiple sections, and each section has a song that is paired with it that you need to listen to while you read. There will be anywhere between 2-10 sections per chapter, though I'll try to keep it around 4 or 5. I'm, of course, going to provide you with a link to the song on the off chance that you don't own it. There may be sections where you need to have the song repeated, but I've already taken care of that for you! Each song should repeat as long as you've got it on play. We don't want the song ending before you've finished the section. If you happen to finish the section before the song ends, then wait and finish the song before continuing to the next song and section. Trust me, it's worth it!

Remember, wait till the end of the song before moving on from the section or story to something else.
  1. Chapter 1
    *Double trigger warning combo!