Status: Active

Dreams Can Come True

Chapter 4

“So Amanda gets up on the table and starts singing some random ass song and starts stripping her clothes off just as Professor Snape walks in. She even threw her top at him.” I laughed at the memory as Amanda blushed. Surprisingly Malfoy and I have been getting along. We were even sitting on the same side of the table so Amanda and Blaise could sit together. It has been a really fun night. “Snape seriously walked in and then walked right out again. He wasn’t able to look at her in the eye for about a month.”

“Hey I was drunk.” Amanda defended. “Plus that wasn’t as nearly as bad as you making out with him! And you weren’t even drunk.”

“What!?!” Malfoy and Blaise asked together shocked.

“Bloody hell, I can’t believe you brought that up.” I glared at her and she just smirked. “Look I was distracting him so my brothers wouldn’t get caught stealing from his supply closet. It was the only thing I could think of at the time.” I defended. Malfoy was laughing his off causing me to lightly punch his arm. “It’s not funny! You have no idea how hard it was to face him not only in class but my stupid private lessons!”

“You take private lessons? Why?” Blaise asked finally calming down.

“I wanted to learn more about the dark arts. Wanted to know how to defend myself.” I shrugged. “So I asked Snape if he could teach me more than these lousy teachers we’ve had, and plus he’s always wanted to teach the dark arts, so why not? Once Dumbledore approved it, I started been doing it for about three years now.”

“She’s actually really good. She’s been teaching me stuff too.” Amanda looked proud of herself that she was actually learning something.

“Amanda? Would you like to dance?” Blaise held out to her nervously, guess he still wasn’t sure if she actually liked him.

“I would love to.” She smiled up at him and gently placed her hand in his. As he helped her stand she glanced back at me. “To bad this place doesn’t have a microphone. It would have been great to hear Cecilia sing while we danced.” With that she and Blaise joined the other dancers on the dance floor. That just left Malfoy and me sitting in an awkward silence.

“You sing?” Malfoy asked, looking interested.

“Yeah, I’ve been singing ever since I was little. I also write songs too.” I grinned sheepishly.

“Do you play any instruments too?” He asked.

“Yeah, my aunt taught me how to play the piano and I self taught myself to play the guitar.” I was truly proud of myself for that. “Music is my life, my passion. I always wanted to be a professional singer, always wanted my songs to be played all around the world. Too bad that probably will never happen.” I said sadly looking down at the table. I felt Malfoy’s fingers lightly under my chin and he brought my face up to look at him.

“Why not?” He asked softly. I looked into his icy blue eyes, to see true interest and something else that I couldn’t identify.

“Because of all this shit going on right now!” I jerked away from him. I didn’t like how I felt with him touching me. “Nobody wants to hear from a girl trying to make it big in the music business. They’re too busy with the story that you-know-who, might be back, and that the Famous Harry Potter might be a liar or might be in serious danger. Hell my own parents are too busy being concerned for him that they don’t even care what I want, much less care about my dreams.” I said bitterly. I had no idea why I was sharing this with him. Less than two hours ago, I hated him but know I felt comfortable with him, that I could talk to him about anything and he would actually listen to me and maybe even care.

“So you don’t believe Potter’s story?” He asked disbelievingly. I shook my head no. “Why don’t you? I thought that you and your family believed everything that Potter and Dumbledore said, that you guys lived on their every word.”

“Where’s the proof that he is back? I know that Diggory is dead but that could have happened in that maze thing and Harry could have thought he saw something that wasn’t even there.” I shook my head and looked at Draco sadly. “My family may live by their every word but I don’t. I’m sick of living in hiding, because of Potter. I want my life back. I want my freedom back. And I bet that you want him to stop accusing your father of being a death eater.”

“Potter just wants attention.” Malfoy spat and right at that moment I couldn’t agree more with him. “Look I’m sick of talking about this, wanna dance?” He held out his hand and without a second thought I placed my hand in his and he led me to the dance floor.

The song that was playing was a slow song. He pulled me close to him and wrapped his arms around my waist, as I wrapped mine around his neck and automatically rested my head on his shoulder. It felt good to be in his arms, to be held by him. At that moment I wanted everything to be different, but I knew they couldn’t be.

I lifted my head from his shoulder and looked up at him, staring into those blue eyes of his. He slowly lent down a little more and our lips met. It was a soft kiss, a kiss like I would push him off of me any second. Instead I found myself kissing him back, when he slowly ran his tongue across my bottom lip, I slowly opened up for him. That’s when the kiss became more passionate and demanding. He pulled me closer to him, so that there was no space between us. We broke apart breathless, panting for air.

“Let’s get out of here.” He said lightly pecking me on the lips. I nodded and he grabbed my hand and led me back to our table so I could grab my jacket. I glanced around for Amanda and didn’t see her. I guess her and Blaise already left. I shrugged my shoulders and followed Draco outside. We walked around the corner where a black convertible Corvette was parked. I raised my eyebrow when Draco pulled out a set of keys and opened the passenger’s door for me. “It’s the only thing I like that a muggle has created.” He closed the door once I was in and went around to the driver’s side. “I hope that you don’t mind if we go to my place, my parents aren’t there.”

“I don’t mind.” I smiled at him as he started the car and sped off. I was thinking about what was going to happen later. “I don’t mind at all.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you Maddi for the comment and Pineapple91 for the recomendation this update was for you!
Please let me know what you think of the update!