Status: Coming back, slowly.

Keep the Faith

Whoa oh!

“Okay,” I nodded and climbed out of the car with him. “Could you excuse me for just a second? I’ll be in soon.”

“Alright,” He smiled and nodded as I took out my cell phone and called Danny.

“Yeah?” She picked up.

“Fuck!” I shouted softly. “It’s his house! Go back!”

“Well, great,” She sighed. “All dressed up and no place to go. Talk to you later. Good luck.”

“Bye,” I mumbled and hung up the phone.

I put the phone up and walked up to Pierre, who was working on putting already cooked food on a nicely fixed table.

God give me strength...

“So,” Pierre pulled out a seat for me. “Care to join me?”

“Of course,” I nodded slowly and sat down, him taking a seat across from me.

“So what’s been up?”

Kissing another man…

“Oh, nothing much,” I shook my head. “You?”

"Nothing really," he shrugged his shoulders with a smile. "Been thinking about our date."

Oh God, kill me now and get it over with.

"Really?"

“Yeah,” He nodded and reached across the table, grabbing my hand. “I really like you, Rylie.”

Great, now I’m gonna cry…

"I--Uh--" I stopped and felt the tears welling up. "I'm so sorry Pierre, I like you too but I think its just as a friend though, I have feelings for someone else."

There, I said it...fuck

“Oh,” He said softly, still smiling. “Okay then.”

“Really?” My jaw dropped, tears falling. “You’re not upset?”

“Of course not! I understand,” He nodded. “You like Matt.”

"How did you know that?" I asked slowly as I leaned forward. "Is it that obvious?"

"Slightly," he grinned as he grabbed my hand. "I like you yes, but I'm just as happy being you're friend."

“Um, okay,” I nodded and smiled softly. “Hey, wanna hear something funny?”

“Sure.”

“Danny and Zacky were going to spy on us.”

“Oh god,” Pierre slapped his forehead.

"Yeah they had wigs, Danny went blonde with my Halloween wig and Zacky took his piercing out and put on Brian's fedora, he went as James Bond," I giggled as I shook my head.

"Where are they now?" he glanced around.

"Don't know, they booked it when they seen it was you're house," I admitted. “So they could be anywhere.”

“And you’re not worried?”

“Nah, their big kids,” I shrugged. “They can take care of themselves.”

“It’s Zack… And Danny,” Pierre said slowly. “Think about it.”

"You do have a good point," I bit my lip and took out my phone; I dialed Zacky's number and waited.

"Hello?"

"Where are you guys?" I glanced up at Pierre who was leaning on his hand.

"The beach outside Pierre's house, we didn't want to leave you, how's it going?"

“It’s going great,” I nodded. “We’re gonna stay friends.”

“Good,” He said softly.

“So what have you been up to?”

"Watching the sunset, you know it’s really pretty over the ocean," he mused with a laugh.

“So a romantic evening, then?” I giggled.

“I guess you could say that.”

“Who exactly are you talking to?” I could hear Danny in the background.

“Rylie.”

“Oh!” She squealed and screamed into the phone. “How did it go?!”

"They are friends now pipsqueak, sheesh why are you so snippy?"

"I'm cold as fuck, in a cocktail dress and this fucking wig itches, back the fuck off Baker."

“You’re the one that’s laying on me!” He yelled in defense.

“Whoa,” I stared at the phone.

"What's happening?" Pierre whispered, I grabbed his arm and dragged him to the window looking out at the shore, I seen two dots far off but could tell what they were doing, slapping each other.

“Oh god,” I shook my head, sighed, and began walking towards the beach. As we got closer, we could hear the roar of laughter and the impact of their blows.