Status: In progress.

Why Do You Make Things So Complicated?

Chapter five

Only when someone sent me a message did I realize that I had his number. You know the person I am referring to. Suddenly, I had the need to text him, or talk to him. The reason why? Even I didn't know. I just wanted to do so, and it annoyed me a lot.
I didn't need him. He didn't need me either. I didn't like him. It was obvious that he didn't like me either.
So why did I feel that I needed him?
He doesn't have my phone number anyways. Why would he? The fact that I have his doesn't mean that he should have mine. He doesn't want it anyways. Just imagine that I call him or text him. Oh, I already know what will happen. He will either ignore me or call me just to scream and yell at me. There are times that I really think that kid has anger management issues.
What's the point of calling him or texting him anyways..? It'd be nothing but a waste of time...and credit. But still, here I am, trying to convince myself that calling him wouldn't be a waste of time at all, even though I know pretty well that it actually is. Why I want so bad to talk to him, I'm not going to figure that out anytime soon. It's just annoying.
I just wish he'd talk to me. Am I asking for too much..?
Probably yes, a voice in my head told me. Oh, shut up, brain!
I am pathetic. End of story.
Oh. Someone texted me before.
I read the message that Maria sent me. "Hey, why don't you, me and Isabella go out for a walk? We will meet you at six at the park :)" it said.
It's about time I decided to do something else besides thinking of the rude, annoying guy with the beautiful eyes who wouldn't get the hell out of my mind.
"See you at six :)" I texted Maria and started getting ready. After staring at the contents of my closet for I don't know how long, like I usually did, I settled on some dark green skinnies that made my bright green eyes stand out even more, a plaid white T-shirt, my black leather jacket and my black combat boots. I put on some black eyeliner, grabbed my stuff and walked downstairs.
"Are you going out?" asked Mom. She was still working on that boring paperwork she was given the other week.
I nodded as I did up my jacket. "Yeah, I'm going out with Maria and Isabella."
"Have fun!" she smiled at me and waved me goodbye as I walked out of the house. I think she said something, but I was listening to the music. I didn't hear her words.
Turns out that I was a bit late. I saw Isabella and Maria sitting on a bench, probably talking about random stuff. They both smiled and waved at me as I walked up to them. "Hey, what's up?" asked Isabella as I sat down next to her. "Are you still thinking of him?" she teased.
"Who are we talking about?" Maria asked curiously.
"It's nothing," I laughed and put my hand over Isabella's mouth as she was about to go on talking, "it's just Isabella. She's under the impression that I have a crush on a rude, annoying idiot."
Isabella shoved my hand away and went on talking. "No, it's not only that. I told you I'm almost sure he has a crush on you as well!" she exclaimed. "I mean, you two are so weird, and your arguements are hilarious!" she laughed. "And even though you won't admit it, I know you think he's really hot."
"Awww that's sweet!" Maria cooed. Isabella and I burst out laughing. "Why are you laughing?" she went on talking. "Even though I probably don't know that guy, I think that they look adorable together!"
"Oh no!" I sighed. "I don't look good with a rude, annoying idiot by my side! Plus, he's much taller than me! Do you know how short I look when he's standing in front of me?!" I exclaimed. "I mean, he's so tall and skinny that he makes me look really short!"
Isabella and Maria were laughing at my reaction. "I think you're right," Isabella giggled as they finally stopped laughing. "He's tall, and makes you look short. But I think that if you were a couple, you'd look really cute together! And you're going to fall for him." she spoke.
"No!" I sighed. They wouldn't stop teasing me. "I'm not going to fall in love with Neil!"
Maria raised one eyebrow as she looked at me. "Who knows what might happen in the future..." she trailed off.
"And it's not nothing, as you said before!" Isabella went on talking. "I mean, you were staring at each other all the time!"
"No!" I protested. "He wasn't staring at me. He dislikes me. But...okay, I was looking into his eyes." I admitted.
"See?" Maria smiled. "You like him!"
"I don't," I argued, "and he doesn't either."
"But hey, I caught him staring at you before I greeted him." Isabella said. "The look on his face was priceless! And, just to let you know, it wasn't an 'I despise you and you're annoying' look, it was a 'Oh no, you're beautiful, but I shouldn't get attached to you' look. He was so cute!"
I just shrugged. "I am pretty sure that he has taken a huge disliking to me. And so did I." Well...that was partly a lie. I mean, it's complicated. He makes things complicated. He makes me hate him...yet, I want to stare into his eyes forever. Ughhhh.
"I have an idea," said Isabella after I was done talking.
Maria and I turned around to look at her. "What is it?" I asked.
"Why don't we hang out and watch a movie at my place?" she smiled at us. "Come on, get up." She stood up and motioned for us to do the same. "We're going to have a whale of a time!"
"Yeah, that's a nice idea!" said Maria. "Let's go and rent a movie!"
Trying to find a movie that all of us wanted to watch turned out to be difficult. I wanted to watch a romance movie. Maria was the one who liked all those sad, drama movies and didn't cry while watching them and their tragic endings, and Isabella's that kind of girl who likes action movies and loathes anything that has to do with romance.
"Why don't we watch this movie?" Maria suggested and held up a drama movie.
Isabella and I shook our heads no. "I don't want to cry my eyes out," I sighed.
"Okay...what about that one?" Isabella asked us and pointed at an action movie who had to do with policemen, criminals and all this stuff.
Both Maria and I frowned, shook our heads no and continued looking around the store for a movie that all of us would like. That was something Mission Impossible, though. That's why in the end, we stopped looking around for movies and decided to just hang out at Isabella's place.
While laying on the floor in Isabella's bedroom, talking about stupid, random stuff with the girls, I started thinking about him again. I just couldn't stop doing so, and it was getting on my nerves. No matter how much I wanted to get that kid out of my head, I couldn't. Thinking of him was as annoying as arguing with him.
Someone clapped their hands, and I was brought back to reality. "No, don't tell me that you're daydreaming again..." Maria sighed. "At least I brought you back to the real world by clapping."
I just shook my head, trying to stop thinking of him, and sat up. "It's weird and complicated," I said. "I mean, I dislike him. But I can't seem to stop thinking of him." I wanted to lie and say that I wasn't thinking of him, that I had just zoned off, but I didn't want to lie to them. And the fact that I am thinking of him does not mean that I have developed feelings for him, right..? Being in love with a rude, stubborn, annoying idiot doesn't sound like a good idea at all. And it probably isn't.
"Awwww look! It's him!!"
Maria and I turned around, only to see Isabella looking at us while smiling. She was pointing at the window.
I raised one eyebrow, trying to be indifferent to the fact that he was living next door. "So..?" I shrugged. "I don't care."
"Oh, come on now," Maria spoke, "you know we know you do! Plus, I want to see how he looks like!"
"Okay," I sighed and held up my hands in surrender, "you won." I reluctantly followed her to the window. Since he was living next door, we could see him and what he was doing. The girls ended up stalking him. That's creepy, right? I was about to stalk him too, but refrained myself from doing so. If I looked at him, I'd never stop doing so.
"Oh, he's beautiful!" Maria squealed and attacked me with a hug. "And you two would look adorable together!"
"Oh, shut up," I laughed and punched her playfully as she withdrew from the hug.
I could hear a male voice. A soft and really nice male voice. We weren't the only ones talking anymore. I went on listening to the guy's voice, and found out that he was singing. His voice was great. I started wondering if he was a member of a band or something.
"Open the window," I told Isabella, "I want to hear and see who's singing and playing the guitar!"
"Duh. It's him, Emily." Isabella stated and opened the window. "He's really talented, isn't he?"
I sighed. They both turned around to look at me. "He is." I admitted. "His voice is beautiful."
"I wonder if he writes his own songs too," Maria wondered.
"I can say that he has a really nice taste in music," Isabella went on talking. "He often turns up the music, so I can say."
"What kind of music does he listen to?" I asked curiously. Besides Andy, no one listened to the same music as me.
"I can tell that he mostly likes alternative music, and anything that has to do with rock and metal." Isabella told me.
"Yeah!" I screamed excitedly and raised my fists up in the air.
Both Maria and Isabella turned around to look at me. "See? You have lots of things in common." Isabella spoke.
Maria nudged her. "But how do you know? We don't even know him...yet."
Isabella just shrugged as she smiled at me. "Oh, I just think so..."
I could hear the beginning of one of my favourite songs. I jumped up and ran to the window. I sighed. I thought he was nothing but a rude, annoying idiot. Well, now he's a beautiful, talented, rude and annoying idiot. That's better, right?
"Oh, am I the only one who hears him playing a Paramore song?" Isabella smiled and ran to me. She looekd at him. I giggled. It was creepy. We were stalking him for I don't know how long, and he was totally unaware of it. That was nice. We could keep stalking him.
I smiled. Isabella and I found ourselves singing along with him.
"Don't want to hear your sad songs, I don't want to hear your pain,
and you swear it's all my fault, cause you know we're not the same...
oh, we're not the same..."
Isabella had stopped singing. However, I kept doing so.
"Do you treat me just like another stranger?!
It's nice to meet you sir, I guess I'll go,
I'll best be on my way out! You-"
Out of the blue, he stopped. A second later, his eyes were on me. Oh God. That was so embarrassing that words can't describe how embarrassed I felt. All I wanted at that moment was to become invisible so as he wouldn't see me blushing fiercely. He didn't take a second look at me. He just placed his guitar on his bed and walked out of the room while fixing his hair.
"See?!" Isabella exclaimed and smiled at me. "I was standing right next to you, I wasn't out of his sight. But all he saw was you! Didn't you see the way he was staring into your eyes?" she squealed.
"And he has breathtaking eyes!" said Maria.
I nodded in agreement. "That's true," I started, but stopped talking. I wasn't going to admit that he was beautiful. At least not yet. I just care for him, and the worst thing is that I don't know the reason why.
Uh oh. Caring for an annoying, rude, yet beautiful idiot can only result to one thing: me falling for him. And I sure as hell don't want to develop feelings for him, let alone fall in love.