Status: Completed

Esia's Protector

I finally have you

We were in the locker room, packing up our things when Charlene came my way with a smile.

“W—What is it?” I asked.

“Dante is here,” she said with joy.

I cocked my head sideways. Charlene moved aside and there he was...Dante (Charlene had left). I’ve felt my lips curved into a bright smile. I jumped on my feet and gave him a hug, but something…was a bit off about the way he held me. We unembraced each other.

“Dante? What are doing here in Rome?” I asked.

“I had to come and see you,” he said, “Besides, even though my contract has ended, I’m still going to protect you,” he sworn.

I sighed in happiness. I literally felt butterflies in my stomach. Uncontrollably, I jumped into his arms almost causing him off balance, we’ve kissed each other; however, compare to me kissing Dante, it wasn’t as passionate as it used to be. What happened?

“Are you okay?” I asked.

He didn’t answer my question. He just stood there staring at me like a statue. It was really scaring me.

“Esia…, the concert was something, but have you ever your father why he dismiss me?” he asked.

“No, I didn’t ask,” I said.

“I think you should ask him when we head back home,” he said as he walked away.

His demeanor, his personality was very off. He was as cheerful as he used to be. Our kiss was as passionate, and the way he held me wasn’t the way he used to hold me. And apparently, I need to get to the bottom of this.

***

After we’ve got home from the convert venue; I started to feel tired. I’d pulled out a bottle of water and started to drink it. As my sisters were celebrating over the concert of the fans reaction, and the fact that our popularity ratings went sky rocketing. Something inside of me were just tugging at me the most…the sudden dismissal of Dante. I need to talk to my father. I stood on my feet and headed towards my father’s office, looking for some answers and closure.

I’ve knocked on the door.

Come in

I’d opened the door. Seeing that Richard was in the middle of talking to my dad. But I didn’t care not for the least of it.

“I need to ask you a question, father,” I said.

Dad placed the stack of papers on the desk. And looked at me.

“What is it, Esia?” He asked.

“Why did you dismiss Dante? Why? Did you know that a demon could have attacked us in Rome the other night?” I asked, “He was doing his job protecting me, and you just dismiss him,” I said.

“Why have a bodyguard when the demons hasn’t attacked, and besides you’ll be fine since you been in hiding,” he said, “But you and your sisters made a comeback,” he said proudly.

I felt anger raised up in my heart and not only anger, but shocked.

“I don’t give a damn about our hiding and the concert dammit! I won’t to know exactly why!!!” I yelled.

Father slammed his hand on the desk in frustration.

“You think I did know. DID YOU THINK I DIDN’I KNOW!!!!” he retorted, “I know you and Dante was seeing each other for some time….and I didn’t like it. Not one,” he said.

I felt tears streaming down my eyes.

“But I loved him,” I said sadly.

“Hush up!!! You sound like a desperate teenager,” he said.

I couldn’t let any words come out of my mouth. I turned on my heels and went my way. I left mansion desperate to see Dante’s face if only I knew where Devil May Cry was. I pulled out my phone and text Dante and Janet. In frustration, I placed the phone back into my coat pocket. I began to rock back and forth like I’m trying to get warm from the cold.

“Esia, we meet at last,” a voice said.

“Look stalker I’m not in the--,” but I stopped mid-sentence.

I looked at my surrounds. I was completely surrounded by demons. They look as though they was ready to kill me. There was nowhere for me to go. And he appeared. The man in the grey hoodie approached me.

“Mood,” I said weakly.

“Now, now Esia. Don’t try to fight me. These demon won’t hurt you unless I tell them, too,” he said, “Now come with me and I’ll make a better being than just a fragile human,” he said as he extended his hand.

I looked at his hand. I backed away slowly. I’d backed away so far that I’ve bumped into….Dante? He just stood there. Thoughts began to run in my mind. This must not be Dante, but Vergil. I looked at the stranger in front me.

“I really don’t want to do this…” he said.

My body went still and I began to black out.

***
I received a phone call so earlier in the morning. It could be Trish or Lady that is calling me this late to do a job for them. I answered the phone as always.

“Devil May Cry,” I said.

“Dante, it’s me…Britany,” she said.

“What? Britany, what is the matter?” I asked.

“I saw this people…they took Esia,” she said.

My EYES became open. I knew something like this was going to happen as soon as I wasn’t around than the demons were to show up.

“When was this?” I asked.

“They just took her not so long ago,” she said.

“Okay, I’m headed to the mansion now,” I said.

I put on some clothes. Got on my motorcycle and headed straight to the mansion. Once I got there the police and Esia’s family was out there. I got off my motorcycle. I walked straight to her father. I was so piss, I had a mind to shot him with Ebony or Ivy right now.

“Where is she?” I asked.

“I—I don’t know, we got into an argument and she left. You should as Britany,” he said.

What a coward. I turned around. Britany and Charlene ran my way.

“What happened?” I asked.

“It was this guy, he wore a grey hoodie. He did something to her.” She said.

“Yeah, and he dropped this,” said

Charlene handing me a piece of paper looks like a picture map of a castle. The castle looks run down and it hasn’t been used for some time now. I’ll remember the castle when I see it. I pulled out my phone and called friend named, Vice.

“Hello, yeah this is Dante, where is a castle that is trying to be menacing,” I said.

As I was listening to what he was saying where it was. I hung up the phone and got on my motorcycle. And went to the destination. Hold on Esia...I’m coming for you.

***

I woke up inside a luxury like bedroom. I slowly got out of bed and approached the mirror. I was wearing this. These aren’t the clothes that I was wearing before. Where are my clothes? Where am I?

The door opened behind me. The man in the grey hoodie was walking with a woman with a skeleton on her head. She was small and very slim. She’d carried a staff with a skull on the top.

“She’s awake and so is the other one,” she said.

“I knew the other one was awake. But it is her that I want,” he said nodded his head towards me.

The woman looked at me than him.

“Dante will be sure to come for you,” she said.

“Or maybe he’ll die trying to get pass my barrier,” he said.

“Where am I?” I asked.

The man walked towards me. He coarse my face gently. I turned my head around trying to avoid his advances.

“You’re in my castle,” he said, “Don’t worry we even have your friend,” he said.

I looked at him with my eyes widen.

“Is she alright?” I asked.

“Of course, Vergil is going to keep her guarded, but as for you…we need to prepare the ceremony pretty soon,” he said.

He turned half way, but I called him back in a since.

“And if Dante get passed the barrier and which he will….what will happen?” I asked.

He said, “He’ll witness the rebirth….of you,” he said.

He and the woman turned around and walked away. Janet is okay after all, that could have explained the reason why I didn’t text back, but as for me….I’m not that safe after all. But I need to know the identity of that man in the hoodie. I touched my chest to my heart, silently praying that Dante will come to rescue us soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!! This is my newest Chapter of DMC:EP . Who is the master? Please leave a comment and subscribe. If there are any errors, please let me know. Thank you. ^__^