Unexpected Love

The Wedding

The next day Eden woke up with a text message from Colin:
Have I told you lately how beautiful you are?
Eden knew the boys must have done something they shouldn’t have. That was always Colin’s guilty text.
What did you do?
Your stepdad, Jeremy and I may have gone to a strip club last night :/ so there may be pictures circling around with us and some girls
Eden knew she didn’t have a right to be mad but she was furious regardless.
I see….
I know we said we wouldn’t but we figured why not since it was Jeremy’s last night as a single guy. I promise that he didn’t do anything he’d regret.
What about you?
What about me?
Did you do anything you’d regret?
Colin didn’t text back for a good 15 minutes. Eden was afraid of he might say. She didn’t want him to regret her.
I’m in trouble aren’t I?
Nope… I was just wondering. We’re not together or anything so you’re free to do whatever.
No I don’t regret anything.
Ok well I have to go get ready for the big day today. See you at the church later.
Colin didn’t respond back which made Eden uneasy. But she wasn’t going to worry. Today was her brother’s big day and she didn’t want to be in a bad mood. She hoped they would get to talk later.
As the day went on all the women got ready for the wedding and went to the church early for pictures. When the pictures were over her mom went to go check on the boys to make sure they were getting ready and not goofing off and leaving her and Tanya alone to talk.
“So you and Colin huh?” she said moving her eyebrows suggestively.
“I’m not sure yet. I think we maybe got into an argument this morning.”
“Over the strip club?”
“How did you know?”
“Jeremy texted me last night after they left. He must have felt bad about going or something. Jack told me nothing happened besides the occasional lap dance they all got.”
“Wow. I wish I could be as calm as you.”
“He didn’t do anything Eden.”
“Jeremy’s a good guy. He loves you.” Eden said as Tanya was shaking her head.
“Not Jeremy. Colin. I guess he got a lap dance from a stripper who kind of looked like you. He was feeling her up until he realized it wasn’t actually you. You must really do a number on that guy.” Tanya laughed.
“Are you serious?”
“Oh yea Jeremy and Jack laughed their butts off about it. Poor Colin was so embarrassed he left after that.”
“Poor guy.” Eden said laughing.
“I just realized something.” Tanya said blushing.
“What’s that?”
“We’re talking about strippers in a church.” Tanya said solemnly.
Eden and Tanya stared wide eyed at each other before they busted out laughing. When they finally calmed down, Eden’s mom came in telling them it was time to start the ceremony. After everyone was seated the processional started and Eden began to walk down the aisle. When she spotted Colin at the front she started to get nervous and blushed. He looked so gorgeous in his black tux with a yellow vest and tie.
Colin’s jaw almost dropped when he saw Eden. She looked stunning in her yellow floor length gown. She looked like Belle from Beauty and the Beast. He knew she’d be the prettiest girl there. He’d never tell Jeremy that since Jeremy was just as biased about Tanya as he was Eden. He watched her make her way down the aisle. He knew right then that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with Eden. He knew she was the only one for him. He just had to show her that he could be everything she wanted and more. He couldn’t take his eyes off her and everyone noticed and thought it was precious. During Jeremy and Tanya’s vows he kept thinking what it would be like if it was him and Eden. Eden was thinking the same thing.
Finally Jeremy and Tanya were announced as husband and wife and preceded down the aisle followed by a blushing Eden and Colin.
As they were walking Eden whispered something to Colin.
“You know it’s not polite to stare. Especially when it makes the girl go weak in the knees and blush uncontrollably.”
“It’s not my fault she’s the prettiest girl here and I can’t take my eyes off of her.” Colin whispered back which made Eden blush even more.
“You look adorable when you blush.” He whispered in her ear and then kissed her on the cheek.
“If you two would stop ogling each other we have pictures to take.” Jeremy said smiling. He was happy to see his sister happy.
Colin and Eden shared a smile and made their way over to get pictures done.
After pictures it was time for the reception. Everyone was having a good time when Colin stood up to give his best man speech.
“Hi everyone. I’m Colin, Jeremy’s best man and best friend. I don’t have much of a speech but I do want to say I’m so happy for you two and I wish you all the happiness and love in the world. And I hope someday I’m fortunate enough to be sitting where you two are with the love of my life. May you have many wonderful years together. I love you guys.”
Jeremy and Tanya hugged Colin and thanked him for his short and simple speech. Then it was Eden’s turn.
“As most of you know I’m Jeremy’s sister Eden. When I first found out my brother was getting married I actually had to hear it from Colin. Jeremy was too afraid to tell me himself. At first I was mad that he would keep it a secret. Then when Jeremy and I talked I was happy for him. He found someone who could put up with his crazy butt and I was so grateful that he found someone who truly loved him. I didn’t know Tanya at all when I met her but we soon became very close and I’m very happy she’s joining our family. I want to tell you guys I’m so happy for you and I love you both. I hope you have a very long happy marriage. Congrats!”
During the reception Eden felt a tap on her shoulder.
“Can I have this dance?”
“Why yes Jack you can.” As Eden was dancing with Jack she heard someone come up behind her.
“May I cut in?”
Jack handed Eden over to Colin and the two began dancing.
“You don’t dance like you do in your YouTube video.” Eden said.
“Oh man! You saw that?”
“Oh yea! And I must say you have quite the moves Mr. Kaepernick.”
“Wow! That’s embarrassing.”
“Don’t be its really cute.” Eden said smiling. As the music came to an end they stopped slow dancing.
“Hang on a second. I’ll be right back.”
Colin came back a few minutes later and took Eden by the hands and brought her to the center of the dance floor.
“All right ladies and gentlemen we have a special request from Colin for a special lady.” The DJ said.
Hunter Hayes’ song “Wanted” started playing.
“May I have this dance Ms. McGarrett?” Colin said as he pulled Eden close.
“Absolutely.” Eden said beaming. They held each other close and swayed back and forth together as the song played.
You know I'd fall apart without you
I don't know how you do what you do
'Cause everything that don't make sense about me
Makes sense when I'm with you
Like everything that's green, girl I need you
But it's more than one and one makes two
Put aside the math and the logic of it
You gotta know you want it too

'Cause I wanna wrap you up
Wanna kiss your lips
I wanna make you feel wanted
And I wanna call you mine
Wanna hold your hand forever
Never let you forget it
Yeah, I wanna make you feel wanted

Anyone can tell you you're pretty
You get that all the time, I know you do
But your beauty's deeper than the makeup
And I wanna show you what I see tonight

When I wrap you up
When I kiss your lips
I wanna make you feel wanted
And I wanna call you mine
Wanna hold your hand forever
Never let you forget it
'Cause baby I wanna make you feel wanted

As good as you make me feel
I wanna make you feel better
Better than your fairy tales
Better than your best dreams
You're more than everything I need
You're all I ever wanted
All I ever wanted

And I just wanna wrap you up
Wanna kiss your lips
I wanna make you feel wanted
And I wanna call you mine
Wanna hold your hand forever
Never let you forget it
Yeah, I wanna make you feel wanted
Yeah, baby I wanna make you feel
Wanted
'Cause you'll always be wanted

“I’ll always make you feel wanted.” Colin whispered to Eden as the song ended.
“Prove it.” Eden whispered back
Then Colin pulled something small out of his pocket.
“Eden.”
What happened next, Eden didn’t expect.