Unexpected Love

Date Night, Doctor's Visits and Decisions

The next day Eden and Colin woke up in a state of bliss. Eden decided that she wasn’t going to let others get to her for being with Colin. She loved him and he loved her and she was tired of letting things get to her. She was still unsure if they should get married but she knew that she did want to be with him for the rest of her life. She was going to give herself a week to decide on everything.
Eden couldn’t stop thinking about Colin and everything that had happened. She was flowing smoothly through patients. She went in to see her last patient for the day.
“Hi I’m Dr. McGarrett.” She greeted as she was looking at the chart. She looked up and saw Colin and his pet tortoise Sammy.
“Hi Dr. McGarrett.” Colin said smiling.
“Hi. How are you guys today?” she smiled back.
“We’re good but my tortoise has been making this funny noise.”
“Ok can you describe it?”
Sammy started making an odd noise and Eden immediately recognized it and started laughing.
“What’s so funny?” Colin asked.
“That’s kind of his way of saying he wants to mate.”
“Oh. Oh. OHHHH!”
“Yea. I’ll check him out to make sure everything’s ok but I think he wants a companion.”
“So I should get him a girlfriend?” Colin asked as he watched Eden move around the examination room.
“If you want but if you don’t want any more tortoises around me wouldn’t suggest it. A female can lay up to 30 eggs at one time.”
“I think I’ll pass on that then. Do you suggest anything else then to help him out?”
“You can get him a rock that’s kind of the shape of a female.” She said trying to keep a straight face.
“Seriously?”
“Seriously.”
“What will he do with it?”
“Try to mate with it.”
“Ok where do I find these mating rocks?”
“In your backyard or some place that has large rocks.” Eden said starting to laugh.
“Are we almost finished here? I have a hot date tonight.” Colin said smiling.
“She’s some lucky girl.” Eden blushed.
“I’m the lucky one.” Colin said sincerely.
“Well I’m sure she feels the same.”
“So doc are we finished here?”
“Yes we are finished.” Eden said rolling her eyes.
“Good because I don’t think it’s appropriate for the patient to kiss the doctor.” He said pulling her into a hug and giving her a kiss.
“Normally I would be against it but I kind of like you so I say its ok.” she said teasing him.
“So are you ready to go?”
“I have to go home and change first.”
“Just wear your scrubs. I think you look cute in them.”
“I smell like dogs, cats and every other animal imaginable.” Eden protested.
“Fine. I guess I can wait a little longer. It’s not like I’ve been waiting all day.” Colin said.
“Always in such a rush.” Eden said.
“I wanna have fun with you.”
“You’re cute when you pout.”
“I’m not pouting.”
“Ok. I will see you in a hour.” she said giving him a quick kiss and getting into her car.
Eden couldn’t decide what to wear. She felt hideous in everything she put on. It was getting close for Colin to pick her up so she settled on a pink and black plaid button down shirt and black tank top with her usual jeans and flats. She left her hair in its usual wave because Colin loved it that way. She noticed she was getting a bump. Colin of course had already noticed and wouldn’t stop touching it.
After she put on some final touches she heard her doorbell. She opened to find Colin holding a dozen of red roses.
“These are for you.” he said handing them to her.
“Thanks babe. They’re pretty.” She said kissing him.
“You’re prettier.” He said taking in her appearance.
“Thanks.” she said blushing.
“You’re not so bad yourself.” She said checking him out.
“So would you be opposed to going to a basketball game tonight?”
“Nope sounds like fun.”
Mentally she was panicking. They would be in public and she started worrying something bad would happen.
“Eden are you ok?”
“Yea why?”
“You look like you just saw a ghost.”
“I’m ok. Guess what?” she said changing the subject.
“What?”
“I’m at my fourth month so the doctor might be able to tell us the gender of the baby. If it’s positioned right.”
“Really?” he smiled.
“Yep.”
“That’s exciting.” He said.
“I thought that might make you happy.”
“I’m always happy when I’m with you.”
“Me too.” she said hugging him.
“We better get going if we want to get there on time.”
Eden nodded and locked her house up as they walked out the door.”
“So are you renting this place or did you actually buy it?” Colin asked.
“I had some savings left and my grandparents had a trust fund for me so I took some of that and put a down payment on it.”
“So you’re a trust fund kid? Never would have imagined that.”
“It’s not like I’m an heiress or anything. It was for college but I always got scholarships so I didn’t have to use it but a little bit here and there.”
“If you don’t mind my asking but how much?”
“I have $25,000 left out of $75,000.”
“How much did you put down on the house?”
“$55,000.”
“I would have helped you.”
“I didn’t need your help. I don’t want your money either.”
“Well I’m glad to know you’re not using me.” Colin said getting into his car.
“I’ve never used you.” she said getting into his car.
“I know. I could tell you didn’t like me buying you flowers. Why don’t you like to be spoiled?”
“I don’t know. I just never have. I think my dad used to do it to make himself feel better for never being around much. I think it was his way of making it up to me for not being there.”
“You guys seem close now.”
“We are. It just used to never be that way when I was younger. As I got older and could go on my own to see him our relationship got much better.”
“Has he always lived in Hawaii? I mean I should know this, I’ve known you for 8 years but you never talked about him when you were younger. I always thought Jack was your dad until Jeremy told me different.”
“Yea. Hawaii is my second home. I didn’t talk about him much then because I didn’t feel the need to. I wasn’t allowed to talk about it pretty much because I was the product of an affair.”
“I didn’t know that. I’m sorry I shouldn’t have brought it up.”
“It’s ok. When my dad started coming around more there was no point in hiding it.”
“How’s come you never hung out with me and Jeremy during the summer before our senior year?”
“Ok I’m going to be honest with you. I went to Hawaii to get away from you. Colin I had the biggest crush on you back then. I don’t know how much Jeremy told you but it was pretty bad and when you told me all you saw me as was the little sister you never had it devastated me. I couldn’t be around you without wanting to cry. I know I was 13 but you had such a big impact on me.” As soon as she saw Colin’s face she knew Jeremy hadn’t told him anything.
“Jeremy just told me you had a tiny crush on me and that the reason you stopped hanging out with us was because your boyfriend didn’t like you being around me. I didn’t know you liked me that way.” Colin said shocked.
“Excuse me? Boyfriend. You were the only guy I wanted to be my boyfriend but that was never going to happen.” Eden said laughing slightly.
“Eden if I had known you felt that way I wouldn’t have said what I said.”
“I know. It’s in the past. Look where we’re at now. Something must have worked out right for us.” She said holding his hand.
“Yea I guess what’s meant to be works out in the end.”
“Yea it does.”
“What day’s your appointment next week?”
“It’s on Monday at 3. I have to leave work early.”
“Only 5 more days until we get to possibly find out what we’re having.”
“Yep.” she smiled.
“So how big was this crush on me?”
“Huge. You’re all I could think about. while other girls were into boy bands I was into my brothers best friend.” She said laughing.
“Did you like sleep with my picture under your pillow?”
“No. Jeremy would have never let me live that down.” She laughed.
“Did you dream about me?”
“All the time.” she said honestly.
“Wow. I always thought you were cute but I figured Jeremy would have killed me if I asked you out.”
“I don’t know. he had so much fun making fun of me over it I doubt he would have cared.”
“I think for at least 4 years it would have been against the law for us to date.” He laughed.
“I know right.” She laughed.
“I guess we had to do our own thing before we could be together.”
“I guess so.”
“Did you watch me play football at all while I was in college?”
“All the time but I actually came to one of your games. I was 18 so it would have been your senior year of college. My friends got tired of hearing about you so they took me to Nevada to see you play. I was going to say hi but you were with your friends.”
“I wish you would have.”
“Me too.”
“Why didn’t you?”
“You had a girlfriend. I couldn’t handle seeing you with her.”
“I’m sorry.”
“Don’t be. I knew that you would have girls surrounding you and you were with someone. I just didn’t want to deal with it. It was just nice seeing you again.”
“I didn’t get to see you.”
“I didn’t want you too.”
“Why?”
“I was afraid you would see through me or see me as the dorky 13 year old you saw as a sister.”
“I always thought you turned into a pretty remarkable woman. We were Facebook friends remember. I looked at your pictures. You seemed happy but it just looked like you were sad in the eyes.”
“I was happy but I wasn’t. It’s hard to explain. I was sad because I figured I’d never see you again and that I didn’t have a chance. I mean I saw the girls you had as friends on Facebook and the girls you follow on twitter. I thought I could never be your type. I wasn’t anything special.” She said wiping a tear away.
“But you are Eden. And as far as those girls go, I haven’t brought any of them home to my mom or my family. I didn’t ask them to marry me or got any of them knocked up.”
“Well the knocking up part was an accident.” She giggled.
“Do you see what I’m saying? I could follow a million girls but they’re none you.”
“They’re a million fish in the sea but what if you’re my Nemo?”
“Exactly.”
“I’m glad you’re my Nemo.”
“I’m glad you’re my Dory.”
They shared a laugh. Finally they arrived to the arena. Eden was nervous. She could feel people stare at them. Colin sensed she was uneasy and went to stand beside her. He put a protective arm around her and ignored the questions people were asking. Finally they made it inside and to their seats. Eden was a little shaken up from being hounded. Colin took her hand into his and held it hoping it would calm her down.
“Are you going to be ok?” Colin asked
Eden nodded.
“Hey look at me.”
Eden turned to face him. She was pale and was still slightly shaken.
“Some first date.” Colin said.
“It’s ok. I just need to calm down a bit. It was just nerve wracking.”
“I know. I didn’t know it was going to be that way.”
“Really its fine.”
“Are you ok?” Colin said looking between her and her stomach.
“Yea it’s moving, well more like fluttering a lot.”
“We don’t have to stay.”
“We drove all this way. We’re staying.”
“Who are you cheering for?” Colin asked knowing she didn’t know who was playing.
“Probably no one since I watch football more than I do basketball.”
“But you played basketball.”
“Doesn’t mean I watched it.” she laughed.
“You cease to amaze me.” He said shaking his head.
“I’ll take that as a compliment.”
“I’m going to go get some candy, you want anything.”
“I’ll have whatever you’re having.”
Colin got up and went to go get their candy. She felt a few pairs of eyes on her. Some people were whispering. It felt like forever before Colin finally returned.
“I didn’t know what you wanted so I got you one of everything. plus nachos and cheese. You seem to want those a lot.”
“Thanks sweetie but I’m not going to eat all this.” She said laughing.
“Fine then give me what you don’t want.”
Eden kept the nachos, snickers bar and the sour patch kids and gave Colin the rest.
“That’s all you want?” he asked.
“Yea. I’m not that hungry.” Eden said opening her sour patch kids and dipping them in the nacho cheese.
“Um not to offend you but what are you doing?” he said point to the cheese covered candy.
“It’s what the kid wants.” She shrugged.
“That is disgusting.”
“Yea I know but I can’t stop eating It.” she laughed.
“At least put a chip with it so I don’t have to see it.”
“You’re going to have to get used to it. Yesterday I craved bananas with pickle relish.”
“I think I’m going to puke.”
“Sorry but I can’t help it.” she laughed at him.
“Finally the games starting.”
Eden was entirely bored but she would have much rather been playing basketball then watching it. During half time the kiss cam came on and landed right on Colin and Eden. Eden didn’t want to do it but Colin turned her face towards him and kissed her hard. Eden was bright red when Colin pulled away.
“Sorry I couldn’t resist.” He said beaming at her.
“You just like to embarrass me.” She smiled back.
“That too.” he said holding her hand.
She rested her head on his shoulder she was getting tired but she could see Colin was having a good time so she sucked it up.
“I was just thinking. I normally don’t let a guy kiss me on the first date.” She said winking at him.
“Well I must be doing something right to deserve such an honor.” he smiled.
“You must be.”
“Does this mean I might get to stay with you tonight?”
“I don’t sleep with a guy on the first date.” She said joking.
“What about the second?” He asked raising an eyebrow.
“No more like the 5th or 6th date.”
“Wow I’m going to have to step up my game plan.”
She playfully hit his arm.
“You can stay if you want.” She said.
“I was planning on it anyway.”
“Well then you can sleep on the couch.” She teased.
“What if I moved in?”
“Colin I said I wanted to take things slow. I don’t think we should live together yet.”
Colin pulled his hand away from hers and crossed his arms over his chest. She knew he was sulking so she didn’t even bother to try talking to him. When the game ended Colin grabbed her hand and led her out of the arena. He didn’t bother talking to her the ride home. He was mad. When they arrived at her house he got out to walk her to the door. Eden figured he’d changed his mind about staying but wasn’t that surprised when he went and got a pillow and blanket and crashed on the couch.
Eden couldn’t sleep that night Knowing Colin was on the couch. She got up and went to her living room where he was sleeping restlessly. It didn’t take much to wake him.
“Come on I can’t sleep without you.” she whispered.
“I’m fine out here.”
“Please.”
“I thought you didn’t sleep with a guy on the first date.”
“Cut the crap and come to bed with me.”
Colin got up and went into Eden’s room. When Eden got back in her room Colin was already under the covers turned away from her. Eden smirked. She knew how to get him to soften up. She climbed into the bed beside him and wrapped and arm around his waist and made sure to snuggle up close to him as she could. Colin relaxed against her.
“Just give me some time ok?” she whispered.
“Ok.”
They both fell asleep glad they avoided another fight. Before they knew it Eden’s alarm was going off for work.
“Babe you have to get up.” Colin said groggily.
“No.” she whined.
“Come on you’ll be late.” He said shaking her lightly.
“Five more minutes.” She pleaded.
“No because you’re five turns into 20. If you don’t get up I’m going to tickle you.” he said tickling her sides lightly.
“Fine I’m up.” She said jumping out of bed as Colin laughed at her.
20 minutes later she emerged from her connected bathroom and Colin had fallen back asleep.
“Hey sleepy head, don’t you have practice today?”
He mumbled something incoherently.
“I have to go I’ll talk to you later.” She said smiling.
During her morning checkups Eden felt her phone going off in her pocket.
I love your house! Why can’t I live with you? You have a Jacuzzi tub?!? We could have so much fun in that thing ;) and you have a pool? How’s come I never noticed any of this. And I wanted to ask you why you always thought you could never be my type oh and when can you have a lunch break?
Did you have caffeine? I’m still thinking about you living with me. You never noticed a lot of my house because I never let you past the living room LOL. Lunch break is at 1.
She hit send she didn’t want to answer the other question. But Colin noticed as always.
You didn’t answer my other question.
I don’t know I thought you changed a lot when you went away. I thought you turned into some player and I didn’t want to be tossed aside when you were finished with me. Like I said I saw all the girls you had on Facebook and on twitter and you still do and obviously I’m not like that. it seemed to me that was you wanted in a girl. So I just forgot about it.
Do you think that maybe I have all those girls because I couldn’t get a certain blue eyed, curly headed girl out of my head after you turned me down?
I never thought of it that way.
They’re just distractions from you when I couldn’t have you. But I’m’ with you now so it’s nothing to worry about. I don’t even like them. I like you much better J
Smooth J
Don’t make plans for your lunch break I’m bringing you something.
Ok. I have to go. I’m getting behind talking to you.
Ok. I’m just going to hop into the Jacuzzi tub and let it massage my wet body.
Stop! You’re giving me inappropriate images at work :p
LOL! Bye babe. See you at 1.
Bye dork J
Colin was right on time. He had to wait a bit for Eden since he put her behind a little. She came out to get him and took him back to her office.
“So I brought you a bacon cheeseburger no mayo, fries and a frosty. How’d I do?”
“Pretty good. I’m impressed.”
“You don’t tell me what you want or what your craving I always have to observe everything you do.”
“You watch me?”
“That’s how I find out stuff about you since you don’t like to tell me.”
“It’s not that I don’t like to tell you. I just don’t care to mention it.”
“Ok so what don’t you like besides mayo?”
“Ranch dressing. I hate it! It’s the most disgusting thing in the world. Just thinking of it makes me want to hurl.” She started gagging.
“Ok no ranch dressing. What else?”
“Snakes.”
“Snakes?”
“Yes.”
“You work with animals. Don’t you have to like deal with them?”
“Nope. I flat out tell people I don’t treat them.”
“Ok then we will not be getting a snake as a pet anytime soon.”
“How about never?”
“I’m kidding. So like what happens if you’re around them?”
“I break out in hives.”
Colin started laughing.
“Are you serious?”
“It’s not funny Colin!”
“I’m sorry it’s not but that is just weird.”
“I know. They’re just so ugly. They don’t have legs and they’re evil looking.”
“Fish don’t have legs.” Colin pointed out.
“Fish can’t wrap themselves around you and suffocate you to death.”
“Ok you have a point.” He noticed Eden shuddering.
“You really don’t like them do you?” he asked.
“No I don’t.”
“Ok I won’t tease you about them.”
“Thanks.”
It was silent for a while. Eden had her feet propped up in Colin’s lap while she sat back in her desk chair.
“You look relaxed.” Colin said.
“I am. I have a comfy foot stool.” She smiled.
“You know what we could do with the half hour you have left?”
“Do I want to know?” she laughed.
“We can have some kinky office sex. The hot doctor seducing her patient.”
Eden started laughing uncontrollably.
“Colin. That is seriously not even right. I could get fired.”
“But you have thought about it?”
“No.” she said blushing.
“Oh baby, you have.” He said laughing.
“No I haven’t!” she tried to say sternly but she started giggling.

“I think you have an inner dirty girl that wants to come out.”
“I think it’s time you go.” She said getting up walking towards her door. Before she got to her door Colin pulled her into his lap.
“And where do you think you’re going.”
“Back to work away from you Mr. Horny Pants.”
“You make me that way.” He smiled at her leaning in to kiss her.
“Seriously though we can’t here.”
“Ok. I guess you can keep your job.” He teased.
“Thanks.”
“Anytime. I guess you better go.”
“Yea I need to get caught up. I’ll be here late tonight anyway. I’m on call for emergencies.”
“I don’t want you here by yourself at night.”
“Colin I will be fine.” she said reassuringly.
“You don’t know that.”
“Colin I promise I will call you if I feel unsafe or uncomfortable being by myself tonight.”
“You better.” He warned playfully.
They went to kiss goodbye but it turned into a make out session. Eden had her hands under Colin’s shirt and was about to take it off when Evan barged through the door.
“Oops! Sorry to break this up but Eden your next appointment is here.” Evan said.
“Uh thanks Evan I’ll be right there.”
“I’m going to kill him.” Colin said.
“It’s not his fault. I didn’t lock the door.”
“I guess now you really have to go.”
“Sadly.”
“I have to go anyway. I have to get my hair looking good.”
“You’re worse than a girl.” She laughed.
“I have an appearance to keep up.”
“Don’t I know.” she mumbled.
“What?”
“Nothing. Just talking to myself.”
“I’ll talk to you later. Call me if you need anything.”
“I will.”
“Bye.”
“Bye.”
Colin walked out and glared at evan. Eden gave him an apologetic look but Evan found it funny. The day went by a lot slower for Eden. It was late at night and she was finishing up her paperwork in her office. She heard a noise coming from the front but didn’t think anything of it. The building made noises all the time. a few minutes later she heard something shatter on the ground and this time she ran to her door and shut and locked it. She turned off her office light and hid under her desk. She saw a tall dark figure walk by her office and they tried to open her door. When they couldn’t get it open they walked past. Eden pulled her phone out and texted Colin.
I need you now!
Why? What’s wrong? Where are you?
Someone is in the building and I don’t know who it is.
I’m on my way. Are you in a safe place.
I’m in my office with the door locked.
Stay put. I’m calling the cops.
I will.
She hid her phone as the figure walked by her door again. This time they broke the door knob and came in. Eden covered her mouth to keep from screaming. She couldn’t see what the person was doing but she felt them get closer to her desk. Before the figure could reach her behind her desk she heard sirens. She silently thanked God. She heard the person run out of her office and she heard police barging in the building looking for the intruder. She crawled out from under her desk and went to find an officer and Colin. She spotted Colin standing by the police cars, he was pacing nervously and biting his nails. She walked over to him and wrapped her arms around him and started to cry.
“Shh it’s ok. It’s over.” He whispered to her.
After a few minutes she calmed down but wouldn’t let go of Colin.
“Are you ok? You’re not hurt anywhere are you?”
She couldn’t talk but shook her head no. one of the cops came over to take her statement and after that they were free to leave. They caught the man who broke in and he was taken to jail.
“Come on let’s get you home. We’ll get your car tomorrow.”
“Will you stay with me tonight? I don’t want to be alone.”
“You know I will. I wasn’t going to leave you by yourself anyway.”
“Are you going to say I told you so?”
“Why would I do that?”
“Earlier you said something could happen with me being alone and it did.”
“I didn’t mean that it actually would babe. I was just worried in general about you being by yourself. You’re everything to me and if something happened to you I don’t know what I would do.”
“I’m sorry.”
“For what?”
“I should’ve listened to you.”
“Eden it is not your fault that asshole broke into the building. You didn’t know it was going to happen.”
“Ok.”
After getting a shower when Eden got home she made sure all her door were locked and her ADT alarm was set before she even thought about going to bed. she had Colin there but she wanted to be safe. After double-checking everything she slid into bed next to Colin who protectively wrapped his arms around her.
“I’ll keep you safe.” He whispered.
Eden didn’t return back to the clinic for the rest of the week. She was scared to. On the days Colin wasn’t busy he would stay with her but he was starting to worry she was never going to leave her house. It was Sunday and they were lounging around the house doing nothing in particular.
“Hey tomorrow’s your appointment isn’t it?”
“Yea I totally forgot about it.”
“You’ve been a little stressed out lately.”
“I know.”
“Are you going back to work tomorrow?”
“I want to but I don’t know if I can.”
“You’ll never know if you don’t try.”
“I’m scared.”
“I know but you’re not alone this time.”
“I’ll try.”
“That’s my girl. Come on I’m hungry and you need to eat you haven’t ate much lately.”
“I haven’t felt like it.”
“So the weird cravings are gone?” he asked brightly. He hated getting ice cream and pickles for Eden. he had to keep himself from throwing up sometimes.
“No I’ve just been keeping them under control. If I keep eating the way I do I’ll be a barn before I give birth.”
“I like you with curves.”
“You won’t like me when I’m bigger than this house.”
Colin rolled his eyes and walked over to the fridge.
“Do you want me to cook or do you?” Eden asked.
“It doesn’t matter. Whatever you want.” He said.
“What do you want me to make?”
“I don’t know.”
“Well that’s helpful.”
“Nothing sounds good but I’m hungry.”
“Ok then pizza?”
Colin shook his head.
“Fast food?”
“No.”
“Italian?”
“No.”
“Can you give me some hints?”
“You just decide.”
“You know my pick of the week is Chinese.”
“I’ll get the menu.”
Eden smiled at Colin when she felt something slightly move against her hand.
“Colin quick! Come here!”
Colin dropped what he was doing and ran over to Eden.
“What’s wrong?”
“Feel.” She said grabbing his hand and putting it where hers was just moments ago.
Colin felt a very tiny movement against his hand.
“Is that?” he said, his eyes growing big.
“It’s moving.” Eden beamed at him.
“It’s faint but you can tell.” He smiled.
“It makes it more real.” Eden said.
“Yea it does.”
“Oh crap! I forgot I was on the phone when I came running in here.”
“I’m sorry, I got excited.” Eden said laughing as Colin picked up the phone to a screaming person.
“It’s ok.”
They spent the rest of the night relaxing together. Eden woke up and decided she was going to try to go back to work. She told Colin to meet her at her doctors she had some errands to run afterwards. By 2 Eden was ready to leave work. She stuck it out for a half hour longer and decided to leave knowing her doctor’s office was only 10 minutes away. As she was waiting for Colin to arrive she texted Tanya.
Hi mommy to be!
Hi other mommy to be! How are you.
Good. Waiting to see the doctor. How did your appointment go?
Good we’re having a girl. I found out I’m a little further along than they thought.
OMG! I’m so excited for you guys!
Thanks! Do you get to find out what you’re having?
Hopefully. It moved a little last night.
Awe! Mine moves all the time.
Colin was excited. It was so cute.
He’s going to be a good daddy. Jeremy I’m not so sure about. He wants to teach her how to shoot.
My dad taught me LOL
Oh no! How old were you?
13.
Wow. At least you were a teenager.
Yea I didn’t want to learn before then.
Ok then she’s not going to learn until she’s 13 and only Aunt Eden can teach her J
HAHA break Jeremy’s heart.
Speaking of the devil himself he’s home. Good luck!
Thanks! Bye!
Colin came in and sat next to her. All the married women looked him up and down as he walked by. Eden chuckled as she watched older women fawn over him.
“Hey baby. What’s so funny?” he asked kissing her on the forehead.
“Half the females in here are wishing you were the father of their kids.” She laughed.
“That’s weird.”
“Well you’re hot.”
“I am not.”
“You’re hot and you know it. You like to show off your swag. Don’t deny it.”
“I wasn’t denying I have swag.”
“There’s my confident man.”
“McGarrett?” the nurse called. They both stood and followed the nurse into a little room with an ultrasound machine and told them the doctor would be in shortly.
“You nervous?” Eden asked Colin.
“Nope.” He said bouncing his leg.
“You sure?”
“Yep.”
The doctor came in a few minutes later and went through the basic routine of asking how everything was going and checking out Eden.
“Ok who wants to see a baby?” the doctor asked.
He put the gel on Eden’s stomach and started moving the wand around. The doctor then played the baby’s heartbeat.
“Ok the baby’s positioned to tell the sex do you want to know?”
“Yes!” the both said together.
The doctor chuckled and moved the wand over some more to see the gender.
“Alright it looks like…… a healthy baby…. Boy.” He said.
“Yes!” Eden cheered with tears in her eyes.
Colin laughed but had tears in his eyes as well.
“Alright guys I don’t need to see you for another 4 weeks. The nurse will give you your pictures on your way out. Congrats!”
Eden started doing a happy dance.
“You really wanted a boy that bad.” Colin said.
“No. I’m just happy.” She beamed.
“I kind of wanted a little you.”
“No you don’t.” Eden said shaking her head.
“Well you do realize he’s going to be a lot like me?”
“Yep that’s why I wanted a boy.” She said.
“You’re crazy.” He smiled.
“Happy crazy.” She smiled back.
“So you have your ring on.” Colin said lifting her left hand.
“I made some decisions.”
“And they are?”
“We can get married like we planned and you can move in with me if you want.”
“Are you serious? When did you decide this?”
“Yes and last night after Chance started moving.”
“I love you.” he said lifting her up and spinning her around.
“I love you too. I’m sorry it took so long for me to see that you were meant to be with me the whole time.”
“We have our whole lives ahead to be together.” Colin said.
“Come on we have to go pick out some paint for Chance’s room.” She said grabbing his hand and dragging him out the door.
“How soon can I move in?”
“I figure you have a moving truck ready to go whenever I gave the ok so whenever you want.”
“You know me so well.”
“So what do you say we do some baby shopping?”
“It depends on how much shopping you want to do.”
“Well we have a lot to get.”
“I know I’m going to dread this but ok.”
“It won’t be that bad.”
“Come on we have to get our son hooked up with a killer nursery.”
“You just used the word kill while talking about our son. I think I will just do the nursery.”
“You know I didn’t mean it that way but if that’s how you feel then I’ll get him clothes. My boy’s going to have some swag.”
“You’re not dressing him like a pimp.”
“Do I dress like a pimp?”
“No you dress like a player.” She joked.
“I do not.”
“I was kidding. As long as he dresses like you we’re good.”
“He’s going to be the best dressed baby this world has ever seen.”
“I wouldn’t expect anything less.” Eden laughed.
“Let’s go get some baby stuff.”
The two held hands as they went to prepare for the new life they created.