Unexpected Love

Pre-Wedding

After Eden had decided that the wedding was back on, not that she ever cancelled it, she had a lot to do. Her mother had most of it done but she still had to find a dress. She didn’t want anything extravagant but she didn’t want it to be simple either. She enlisted the help of Tanya.
“Ok try this one. It won’t cover your bump but it won’t be overly noticeable.”
“This is so hard!” Eden complained.
“I know but just think you’re finally marrying Colin.”
“I’m kind of wishing we would have eloped. My mom is crazy! Its constant nagging about how she’s not sure I’m ready to be a mom and is Colin mature enough to be a dad just because some bitch decided to put pictures up years ago of Colin partying.”
“Your mom is overwhelming.”
“Overwhelming isn’t even the word. This day is about her. Not me and Colin.”
“Eden.”
“What?”
“That’s the dress.”
“It’s a lot like my bridesmaids dress from your wedding but white. I love it.”
“It looks fantastic on you. I’m so jealous.” Tanya said smiling.
“You’re funny.” Eden laughed.
“So do you have Chance’s room ready?”
“Sort of. Colin finished painting it last week. We’re just letting it air out before we put the crib and stuff in there.”
“Why don’t you have a baby shower?”
“Have you seen what my mother’s doing for my wedding? There’s no way in hell I’m going to let her plan a baby shower. Besides I think Colin’s just about wiped out every baby store in California.”
“He seems excited.”
“Yea but we’ll see when Chance is actually here and we have to take care of him.”
“You guys will be great parents.”
“Thanks. You’ll be a great mom.”
“What about Jeremy?”
“Like I said you’ll be a great mom.” Eden teased.
“He’s not that bad.” Tanya laughed.
“I know. He’s a good guy. So do you have a name yet?”
“I was thinking Emily but Jeremy likes Aria.”
“I’m sensing a ‘Pretty Little Liars’ theme going on here.” Eden joked.
“Oh hell no! That’s it we’re naming her Emerson.” Tanya said.
“That’s different. But pretty.”
“We liked it but put it on the back burner. We want to call her Emmy for short.”
“That’s really cute.”
“So who came up with Chance?”
“Colin. But I came up with Lucas for his middle name.”
“It’s really cute. He’s going to be a looker. He’s got a beautiful mom and a hot dad.”
“Gee thanks. You’re husbands my brother so I can’t compliment him.” she said as they laughed.
“Sorry. No denying that Colin’s good looking.”
“Yea I know.”
“What’s wrong?”
“I just don’t get why he would want me sometimes. There are a billion girls in the world that he could do better by and he wants me.”
“Eden you have to stop being hard on yourself. I know your ex was an ass to you and made you feel like crap all the time but Colin’s different.”
“I know he is. He can put up with me so there must be something he likes about me.”
“Eden, you just don’t see yourself the way others do.”
“Yea I know.”
“So the wedding’s only a couple days away. Are you nervous?”
“Not really. I just want it over with. Not because of Colin or anything but because of my mom. She won’t have an unwed pregnant daughter. Isn’t she lovely?”
“Just wonderful.” Tanya said sarcastically.
“Don’t get me wrong I love her but she’s too much sometimes.”
“How many people are going to be at the wedding?”
“Over 100. I told her just Colin’s family and ours and I know our side isn’t that big.”
“Are you serious?”
“Nope it’s horrible.”
“How about me, Jeremy, you and Colin go to Vegas and you guys get married there.”
“I couldn’t do that to my dad or Colin’s parents and siblings. Or my grandparents for that matter. I think they’re about to kill my mom.”
“Can you blame them?”
“Honestly no. she’s turned their house into a freaking flower garden. They’re everywhere.”
“I thought the wedding was outside.”
“It is. But my mom wants the house to look and smell nice if the guests have to go in.”
“Damn. That is ridiculous.”
“I know. I just want this weekend to be over with. I just want to get married without all the crap that goes along with it.”
“It will be ok. Here I found you a veil. It’s not that long but it will go great with the dress.”
“I love it thank you. As soon as she’s done altering the dress we can go.”
“Sounds good. Have you got your wedding bands yet?”
“Colin went yesterday to get them. We picked them out last week.”
“I’m so happy for you I could just cry.” Tanya said.
“Don’t cry because if you cry then I’ll cry. My hormones are everywhere lately.”
“How does Colin handle it?”
“Whatever way he thinks I’m not going to yell at him or if he thinks he’s going to get some.” Eden laughed.
“And does he?”
“All the time. I can’t get enough of him. One look at him after he’s worked out and I just want to rip his clothes to shreds and get it on wherever we’re at.”
“I take it you don’t go out too much anymore.” Tanya said laughing.
“No. every time he cleans up nice we never make it to where we need to go.”
“I bet he loves it.”
“I honestly don’t think so anymore.” Eden laughed.
“Why?”
“At first he was all for it, now he kind of tries to avoid it.” she said laughing harder.
“Why would he avoid it?” Tanya said laughing just as hard.
“Probably because I make him do it all the time. He’s probably afraid his thing’s going to fall off.” Eden said on the verge of tears from laughing.
“I think Jeremy probably feels the same way.”
“They’re probably talking about us while they get their tuxes.”
“It wouldn’t surprise me.”
“When are your dad and Catherine coming?”
“Today. I haven’t seen him in forever. I can’t wait to see him.”
“Let’s try and get everything done that we need to so you can get to see them sooner.”
“Agreed.”
They finished waiting for Eden’s dress to get altered and decided to meet up with Colin and Jeremy for lunch.
“So how’d it go?” Colin asked.
“Awesome. I found a dress.” Eden said.
“Can I see it?” he said grabbing for the dress bag.
“I don’t think so.” She said moving it away from him.
“Why?”
“Because its bad luck.”
“I’ll wait. But then you have to wait for one of your surprises.”
“I don’t like surprises.” Eden said giving him a warning look.
“I think this one you will.” He said getting up and going to another table. She gave Jeremy and Tanya a questioning look but all they did was smile at her.
Colin returned a few moments later beaming. He sat down next to Eden who gave him the same questioning look.
“Turn around.” He told her.
Eden was happy to see her dad and step mom standing there smiling at her. she got up and ran to her dad.
“I’m so happy to see you.” She said starting to cry.
“I’m happy I got to be here early. You have a good man.” Steve said.
She hugged Catherine next and then returned to her seat to give Colin a hug.
“You don’t know how much this means to me. Thank you.” She whispered to him.
“I’ll do anything to make you happy, you know that.” He told her giving her a kiss.
“Come on guys join us.” Eden said to Steve and Catherine.
The group sat and talked and Eden and Colin shared ultrasound pictures with Steve and Catherine. They offered to get Eden anything she wanted for the baby but she refused.
“I must say Eden you look beautiful.” Steve said.
“Thanks dad.”
“I mean it. You look so happy. It gives you this glow.” Steve said.
“I am happy.” She said smiling at Colin who kissed her.
“I hope you two have a lifetime of happiness together.” Catherine said.
“Ok save all the mushy stuff for the wedding.” Jeremy said drying his eyes.
“Speaking of wedding, you need to stay somewhere so this guy can’t see you the day of the wedding.” Tanya said.
“I think all the women are staying at my grandparents’ house. Catherine you are more than welcome to join us. I’m sure the guys have some big bachelor party planned.” Eden said.
“Nope. Colin said just a small gathering and no strippers.” Jeremy said pouting.
“See Eden I told you that you have a good man.” Steve said.
“We’ve had our share of ups and downs but I think I’ll keep him.” she said patting Colin’s leg.
“Thanks Edy bug.” Colin said smiling.
“You guys are just too cute.” Catherine said.
“I think we’re going to leave to give you guys a chance to catch up and hang out.” Jeremy said as he and Tanya got up to leave.
Colin and Eden decided to have her dad and step mom stay with them. They had a spare bedroom that was mainly used to store Colin’s shoes but it was set up nicely for a guest bedroom.
Eden was showing Catherine and Steve the baby’s room while Colin had a few phone calls to make.
“Eden I know you said you didn’t want or need anything but your dad and I had this made for you.” Catherine said handing her a neatly wrapped box.
“You guys really didn’t have to.” She said as she opened the box. Inside was a frame and on one side it had a picture of Steve holding Eden after she was born and at the bottom it said ‘You’ll always be my baby’ on the other side was a blank spot for a picture.
“It’s for after you have Chance. You can put a picture of you and him in there.” Steve said wiping his eyes.
Eden got up and walked over to her dad and hugged him tight.
“You’re right I’ll always be your baby and I’ll always need you.” Eden said wiping her own eyes.
“Thanks you guys I love it.” Eden said placing it on a dresser by the crib.
“Sorry all those calls took so long. Why’s everyone crying?” Colin said looking concerned.
“My dad just gave me something.” She said showing him the frame.
“That is so awesome. I want one.” Colin said.
“We’ll get you one too.” Catherine said smiling.
“You were really tiny as a baby.” Colin said looking at the picture.
“Has he never seen any of your baby pictures?” Steve said.
“No and he’s not going to.” Eden said defensively.
“Well Colin you’re in luck I brought Eden’s baby book I made. I was going to give it to her as a wedding gift but why not embarrass her now.” Steve said as he left to retrieve the book.
“I’m going to kill him.” Eden whispered to herself.
“I heard that and no you’re not.” Colin said.
Steve returned a few minutes later and motioned for them to follow them in the living room. He had at least 5 photo albums of Eden and some DVD’s of her childhood.
“Let’s start with this one. This was from when she was born until she was 2.” Steve said handing Colin the large book.
Colin opened it and was greeted by multiple pictures of newborn Eden.
“Eden you were so cute. Look at those little fat cheeks.” He said smiling. He kept turning the pages and would smile or laugh at some of the photos. After he was done with that one he started on the next and then another one until he was on the last one.
“That one was from the age of 13 until now.”
Colin started looking through the pictures and became sad. They were pictures of Eden after she left for Hawaii the summer after Colin broke her heart the first time. She looked so sad and lost in the pictures.
There were only a few of those and then pictures of Eden’s high school graduation and college graduation and then there were pictures of her the second time Colin broke her heart. Her eyes were so empty and no emotion. Finally Colin reached the end of the book and sat it down. He hadn’t realized he was crying until Eden took his face in her hands and wiped his tears away.
“I’m sorry I put you through hell.” He said quietly so only she could hear.
“It’s ok.”
“Ok how about some home movies of Eden cussing and running over my mailbox.” Steve said.
“No!” Eden yelled as Colin said yes.
“We have 4 yesses and 1 no.” Steve said.
“There are only 3 of you.” Eden said.
“Chance voted to see what an awesome kid his mommy was.” Steve said.
Eden huffed and crossed her arms over her chest as her dad continued to embarrass her. Throughout the videos Colin would laugh at how cute Eden was and some of the things she got into.
“I didn’t know you could surf.” Colin said amazed.
“I thought you knew.” Eden said.
“No I didn’t know.” Colin said.
“Well now you do.” Eden said.
“What else don’t I know?” Colin asked.
“I don’t know. You know I don’t like to talk about myself.” Eden said.
“Yea but its stuff like that that I want to know about.” Colin said.
“Here read this. I kept a journal of sorts of everything she did.” Steve said handing him a notebook.
“You did?” Eden asked.
Steve nodded. Catherine decided to go to bed and then Steve joined her a few minutes later. Colin was reading the notebook Steve had given him. He was amazed at everything Eden accomplished.
“I think I’m going to bed too.” She said getting up from her spot on the couch.
“Why would you not tell me stuff like this? This is stuff to be proud of. I mean maybe not flunking your driving test 5 times but all the awards you won and all the sports you played. I didn’t even know you could sing.” He said looking up at her.
“Like I said. I don’t like to talk about myself.” She shrugged.
“But Eden, I should know these things about you.”
“I really thought you knew. I mean you were around all the time when we were younger I figured you would have known. The awards were up all over our house and the pictures covered the walls.”
“I guess I didn’t pay attention.”
“And just for the record I can’t sing.” She said.
“I think I’ll be the judge of that.”
“You’ll never hear me sing.”
“I have ways I can make you sing.”
“Sure you do. Come on I’m tired and we have rehearsal dinner tomorrow.”
“Alright. No sex. Your dad is only a room away.”
“Like I would do it with my dad in the same house.” She said sarcastically. Colin knew she would.
“You like to do it anywhere nowadays.”
“I never heard you complaining. Only moaning loud for everyone to hear.” She said laughing.
“Be quiet Eden.” he warned.
“Or what?”
“I’ll show all those videos on Saturday for everyone to see.”
“You wouldn’t.”
“Wanna bet?”
“You’re such an ass.” She said storming away from him.
“But you still love me right.” He called out to her.
“I’m starting to rethink that.” Eden said back.
“I was just kidding.” He said as he closed their bedroom door so they wouldn’t disturb her parents.
“I know. I was too.” she said as she started to take off his shirt.
“Whatcha doin’?”
“Taking your shirt off.”
“I can see that but why?”
“Because I want to.” She said as she started to leave kisses across his chest.
“Eden I mean it. I won’t have sex with your dad in the house. If he hears us he’ll kill me for sure.”
“Then maybe you should be quiet.” She said unbuttoning his pants.
“Eden, no.” he said firmly.
“Ugh fine.” she said stopping.
“I’m sorry.”
“Whatever. It was always ok when you wanted sex all the time.”
“It’s all we do anymore. I’m worn out.”
“I can’t help that I crave sex instead of food now.” she said getting under the covers.
“And there’s nothing wrong with that but if we keep going at it like rabbits then we’re going to burn out.”
“Then don’t be so friggin hot.” She said sitting up in the bed.
“I don’t understand.”
“Just looking at you right now makes me want to throw away every piece of clothing you own so I can have you naked all the time. That is how bad, with just you standing there without a shirt on, is turning me on.”
“I really work you up that bad?”
“Yep. Especially when you wear those damn jeans and a white t-shirt. It’s really bad after you work out and you have on those tight muscle shirts. I need to stop now I’m getting too worked up.”
“I didn’t know I had that kind of effect on you.”
“That’s not even half of it.”
“So what happens when I flex my muscles?” he asked seductively.
“If you even think of flexing any part of your body I will take you right here and I don’t care who hears us.”
“You mean when I do this.” he said as he flexed.
Eden did everything in her power not to look at him. But then was hovering over her making the veins stand out in his arms and she couldn’t take it anymore.
“Screw it.” she said as she brought his face down to hers and began kissing him. she had his pants halfway off when she heard a knock on their door.
“I wouldn’t be doing that if I were you.” She heard her dad say through the door.
“Are you kidding me?” Eden whispered.
“I told you.” Colin said freaking out.
Eden stuck her tongue out at Colin and threw him his shirt.
“Save it for the honeymoon kids.” Steve said laughing as he walked away.
“I’m so starting to regret letting him stay here.” She said to no one in particular.
“At least our wedding is only 2 days away so we don’t have to deal with it that much longer.” Colin said as he crawled into bed next to Eden.
“Yea but I want you now.” She said turning towards him.
“I bet your dad is sitting outside our door with a gun ready to shoot me if he hears one sound coming from us.”
“It’s not like you can get me pregnant.. Oh wait you already did that.” Eden joked.
“Not funny.”
“Why are you in a bad mood?”
“I’m not.”
“You’ve been acting weird all day.”
“I have a lot on my mind right now.”
“If you say so.”
“I’m going to go to sleep.” He said turning away from her.
While Eden was worrying about Colin she too had fallen asleep.
“Oh Eden you look so beautiful.” Her mother gushed.
“Who’s ready to get married?” Her dad said enthusiastically.
Her father walked her down the aisle to Colin.
“Do you Colin take this woman to be your bride?”
“No.” Colin said.
“What?” Eden asked.
“I can’t marry you. I don’t want this. I don’t want any of it. I had my whole life ahead of me and you ruined it. I don’t even know you. You don’t tell me anything. why should I marry you?”
“I thought you loved me.”
“I thought I did too.”
“What about our son?”
“You guys will be fine without me.” Colin said walking away.
“Colin wait!” she yelled running after him. as she ran faster he disappeared more. When she thought she was going to catch up to him he was gone and she was in a dark hole. The hole started to close on her.
Eden jolted awake breathing heavily and in tears.
“Eden what’s wrong? You were crying out in your sleep.” Colin said.
“It was just a dream. It was just a dream.” She kept saying over.
“Eden, look at me.” Colin said.
“You were gone. You left me. You didn’t want me or Chance. You said you didn’t even know me.”
“Eden calm down. I’m not going anywhere.”
“You didn’t love me.”
“Eden it was a bad dream. None of it was true. I do love you.”
“You just disappeared. And then the hole was closing on me.”
Colin pulled Eden against his chest. There was no point of talking to her when she was hysterical. After a while Eden’s breathing returned to normal and her crying had slowed down. Colin was rubbing soothing circles along her back. When Colin looked down at her she had fallen back asleep. He shook his head and kissed her forehead and pulled the covers over them while he started to drift back asleep.
Eden woke up again that night feeling something hard but smooth under her head. When she realized she was on Colin’s chest she tried to move but he tightened his grip around her making sure she wouldn’t go anywhere. After a few minutes of trying to pry his arms off of her he let go turning over on his side. She kept playing her dream over in her mind. She started feeling bad that she never really told much about herself when she knew him like the back of her hand. She grabbed a piece of paper and pen and started a list.
Things you don’t know about me.
1. My favorite color is blue but since I love the niners it’s also red and gold.
2. I’ve always wanted to go to Italy just to eat the food J
3. I started surfing when I was 6.
4. Besides softball I played basketball and my mom made me do cheerleading.
5. I love to dance but I don’t like people to watch me.
6. I CANT SING! No matter what my dad says.
7. When you have to be gone for long periods of time I sleep on your side of the bed to help me sleep.
8. I always wanted a pet monkey and I still do.
9. I don’t like flowers. They end up dying a week later. It’s a waste of money.
10. I do like chocolate! Except dark it tastes too bitter.
11. I’m not an easy person to love. I make it almost impossible.
12. I have trust issues because of an ex.
13. I make kick ass Belgian waffles.
14. I love to cook when I’m bored.
15. Pandas are the cutest thing ever. They were my favorite to work with when I worked at the zoo.
16. If you think I’m not listening to you, I am.
17. Music is my escape from reality when I need it
18. I love spicy food but I’ve recently found out that Chance doesn’t. He kicked for an hour straight after I ate some hot salsa.
19. I have a slight crush on Will Ferrell. Gross I know but the guy can make me laugh until I pee my pants.
20. Family guy can make me laugh no matter how mad I am.
21. I can’t more than a day without caffeine or I have withdrawals.
22. I have a slight obsession with awesome pens.
23. My favorite scent is lavender and vanilla.
24. I hate when we argue.
25. I love country music, mainly Brad Paisley and the Band Perry but I listen to what you want because it makes you happy.
26. I love you.
Eden folded the paper and placed it where she knew Colin would find it. she was to wound up to sleep so she got up and decided to make everyone breakfast. About an hour later her dad emerged into the kitchen.
“You’re bored aren’t you?” Her dad said.
“That and I couldn’t sleep.” She said handing him a cup of coffee and pouring her own.
“Don’t drink that!”
“Why?”
“It has caffeine in it. That’s not good for the baby.”
“My doctor said a little wouldn’t hurt.”
“Well I said you shouldn’t. Who are you going to listen to? Your father or your quack of a doctor.”
“I’m going to listen to my head because it gets a headache if I don’t have a little.”
“Good morning!” Catherine chirped.
“How’d you guys sleep?” Eden asked.
“I slept great. Your dad on the other hand was worried that he would hear some noises from you and Colin.” Catherine said laughing.
“Colin said no.” Eden said smiling knowing her dad was uncomfortable.
“Smart boy.” Steve said.
“Speak of the devil.” Eden said.
Colin came trudging in yawning. He gave everyone a small wave before settling on a bar stool next to Catherine.
“Morning sleepy head.” Eden said ruffling his head.
“Mornin’”
“Eden thanks for breakfast sweetie but we’re going to go run some errands before we have to be at the rehearsal.” Her dad said.
“No problem. See you guy’s later.” she said waving as they left.
“So this list of things I don’t know about you says you make kick ass Belgian waffles.” Colin said putting the folded paper on the island bar.
“Yea it does. Do you want to try some to test that statement.” Eden smiled.
“I thought you’d never ask.”
“I don’t use syrup for mine. I use strawberries and cool whip.” She said handing him a plate.
“Damn baby these are awesome!”
“I’m glad you like them.” she said sitting down across from him.
“So does this list have something to do with the dream you had last night?” Colin asked after he finished eating.
“A little.” She said not looking at him.
“You realize I’m not leaving you. I love you and our baby too much.” he said taking her hand into his.
“I know. I don’t know why I would dream of something like that.”
“You’re stressed out over the wedding. I take it you stress about me. You stress about having everything ready for when Chance gets here.”
“I know. I just want everything to go ok.”
“I know you do but we can’t control everything.”
“I’m slowly realizing that.” she said smiling slightly.
“I can’t believe tomorrow you’re going to be Mrs. Kaepernick.”
“Scary huh?”
“Nope. I’ve waited a long time for this.”
“Me too.”
“What’s wrong?”
“I just don’t want you to regret anything. I know you say you don’t but we’re getting married. You’re committing to me and our son for the rest of your life.”
“I know all of this. I am happy that we’re together. I’m happy we’re having a baby. Sure I would have loved to have waited for us to extend our family but accidents happen and he’s a good one. I won’t lie you are difficult to get along with at times but you are not hard to love. Your personality alone made me fall in love with you.”
“You really think that?”
“Yea I do.”
“You’re pretty awesome you know that?”
“Yes.” Colin said trying to keep a straight face.
Eden started laughing which made Colin laugh along with her.
“I have an idea.” Eden said
“What’s that?”
“I thought maybe we could have 2 first dances. I think you could pick a song and I pick one.”
“I already have something planned.” He said with a cocky grin.
“I don’t like that look.”
“You’ll like it.” he said confidently.
Eden looked at the time and decided she needed to get ready to meet her mom. She wore a yellow sundress with a white cardigan and white flats. She pulled her hair in a low ponytail and applied a little make up. She grabbed her veil so she could wear it at the rehearsal, kissed Colin bye and left.
When she arrived at her grandparents everything looked disastrous. Her mother and grandmother were arguing while her grandfather was outside trying to fix something that looked like it was supposed to be an arch.
“Hey guys what’s going on?” Eden said making her presence known.
“Now you finally decide to show up.” Her mother said bitterly.
“I was told to be here at 2. Its 1:30 so I’m early.”
“No I said 10.”
“You said 2 Beth.” Her grandmother said.
“Why did you invite your father? We agreed Jack was walking you down the aisle not Steve and that woman he calls a wife.”
“He’s my father not Jack and I want him here, it’s my wedding and I want him to walk me not Jack. What has Catherine ever done to you? She is the nicest person ever when you’re a total bitch to her.”
“Do not speak to me that way. I put a lot of money and effort into this wedding. All my friends from the base and work are coming.”
“I didn’t want a big wedding. I told you I wanted it small but you didn’t listen. Now you have every damn person from the city of San Francisco coming and I don’t even know them. I wanted Colin’s family and my family only with a select few of OUR friends not YOURS!”
“I paid for this wedding and you will deal with who I invite whether you like it or not.”
“You know what? The wedding is off.” Eden said leaving.
She called Colin and told him what happened.
“How about this. Me, you and whoever you want go to Vegas and we get married there. I don’t care where we get married as long as I marry you.” Colin said through the phone.
“You would seriously do that?”
“Yes I would.”
“I’ll think about it.”
“This kind of ruined what I have planned but I don’t want you getting any more stressed out.”
“I’m sorry. I just can’t do it Colin. My mother has turned into a nightmare.”
“I know but hey we might get to go to Vegas to get married.”
“Hold that thought I have another call.”
“I’ll just hang up. You’ll be home in a few anyway.”
“OK bye.” She said hanging up. “Hello.”
“Eden its grandma. We’re still going to have your wedding here. Colin had something planned special for you and I want you to have it here. If I know my granddaughter at all I know you’ve talked to Colin and you plan on eloping.”
“You do know me well. Grandma I would love to have it at your house but I can’t deal with my mom.”
“Don’t worry about her. I called the people she invited and told them that the wedding was cancelled. So they won’t be there. But yours and Colin’s family will be there and so will both of your friends.”
“Are you sure you want to do that grandma?”
“Are you kidding? I love having parties!”
“Ok then we’ll still get married tomorrow at your house.”
“I’m so happy you agreed. Now listen I have to go and finish setting up but I will see you later.”
Eden pulled into her driveway a few minutes later.
“Hey honey, I’m back.” she called out opening the door.
“Hey I just got off the phone with your grandpa and he said that we were going to have the wedding at their house tomorrow.”
“I just spoke with grandma and she pretty much said the same thing.”
“Is that what you want?”
“Now that my grandma is in control then yes.”
“Ok then. I want you to be happy.”
“I am happy.”
“Good.” He said giving her a kiss.
“Are you happy?”
“I’m happy as long as you’re happy.”
“Well then we’re all just happy.” She giggled.
“You’re a dork.”
“I know.”
Eden walked over to the couch so she could put her feet up. Colin sat down next to her and put his head in her lap.
“Are you tired?” she asked.
“Yea I couldn’t sleep last night after you woke up.”
“I’m sorry. You can sleep for a while.”
“It’s no big deal.” He said closing his eyes falling asleep.
“Eden stop poking me in the head.” He said waking up a few hours later.
“I’m not poking you in the head babe.”
“Something is poking me in the back of the head.”
“I think it’s the baby. You’re practically on top of my stomach. He must not like you squishing his space.”
“My bad.” He said sitting up.
“I have to leave soon.” She said getting up and getting her things together.
“I know.”
“But it’s only for a day and we’ll see each other tomorrow.”
“I’ll be waiting at the altar.” Colin said.
“I’ll be the one in white.”
“You better go before your grandma sends out a search party.”
“I know. I’ll see you tomorrow.” she said kissing him bye.
“I’ll be there. I’m finally going to make you an honest woman.”
“Damn straight.”
“Bye babe.”
“Bye.” She said blowing him a kiss.
Tonight would be her last night as a single lady.