Unexpected Love

Wedding Day

Eden paced nervously back in forth in her wedding dress. The wedding was only 30 minutes away and she was anxious to get it started.
She heard a knock on her door and Tanya and her grandmother came in.
“Oh my God. Eden you look stunning.” Her grandmother said beaming.
“Thank you grandma.”
“You look beautiful.” Tanya said smiling.
“Thank you.”
“We need to head down so we can get started soon. Let me make sure Colin’s not in the house.” Her grandmother said.
“Are you ready to finally be married?”
“Yes! He is here right? I’m not going to have to marry myself am I?”
“Yes he’s here and he looks very handsome.” Tanya said.
“Ok good.” Eden breathed a sigh of relief.
“Ok girls let’s get the show on the road.” Her grandmother said.
Eden followed her grandmother and Tanya out of the room and made her way down the stairs. Her dad was waiting for her at the bottom of the stairs trying to keep his tears at bay.
“Hey daddy.”
“Hey baby girl.”
“You ready for this?”
“No but it’s something I got to do.”
“I’m glad you’re here to give me away.”
“Me too.”
Her dad took her arm in his and guided her out the patio doors to the lake. The walk to Colin felt like it took eternity. When Eden laid eyes on Colin he looked breathtaking. His black suit with the red vest and tie worked with his tall, muscular figure.
“Who gives this woman in marriage?” The minister asked.
“I do.” Steve said as he gave her a kiss on the cheek and gave her hand to Colin.
“Hi.” Eden said to Colin.
“Hi.”
“Colin please repeat after me.”
“I, Colin Rand Kaepernick, take you, Eden Faith McGarrett, to be my wife, my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live.” Colin recited.
“Eden please repeat after me.”
“I, Eden Faith McGarrett, take you, Colin Rand Kaepernick to be my husband, my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live.” Eden said happily.
“I will now read a passage the couple have picked out.”
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”
“May I have the rings?” Colin’s brother handed him the rings.
“With this ring I thee wed.” Colin said placing the ring on Eden’s finger.
“With this ring I thee wed.” Eden said placing the ring on Colin’s finger.
“Colin, do you take Eden to be your wife?”
“I do.”
“Eden do you take Colin to be your husband?”
“I do.”
“By the power invested in me by the state of California, I now pronounce you Husband and Wife. You may kiss your bride.”
“Finally.” Colin said grabbing Eden’s face and kissing her. Everyone cheered and clapped as they kissed.
“Quit sucking face so we can get the party started!” Jeremy yelled.
Colin and Eden pulled apart smiling and started descending down the aisle. Followed by his brother and Tanya. They greeted their families and took pictures and were about to share their first dance when Colin decided to make a speech.
“I want to thank everyone for coming to share this special day with me and Eden. Before we share our dance I just want to say Eden I know you were supposed to pick the song but I hope you don’t mind that I got someone special here to sing us our song to dance to. Would everyone please welcome Brad Paisley?” Colin said as he watched Eden’s mouth drop open.
Brad started playing ‘She’s Everything’ while Colin brought Eden into the middle of the makeshift dance floor her grandpa built.
“How did you even manage that?” Eden asked beaming
“One thing I did know from your list is that you love Brad Paisley. This is my wedding gift to you. I had to pull a few strings to get him here but the look on your face was worth it.”
She's a yellow pair of running shoes
A holey pair of jeans
She looks great in cheap sunglasses
She looks great in anything
She's I want a piece of chocolate
Take me to a movie
She's I can't find a thing to wear
Now and then she's moody

She's a Saturn with a sunroof
With her brown hair a-blowing
She's a soft place to land
And a good feeling knowing
She's a warm conversation
That I wouldn't miss for nothing
She's a fighter when she's mad
And she's a lover when she's loving

[Chorus]
And she's everything I ever wanted
And everything I need
I talk about her, I go on and on and on
'Cause she's everything to me

She's a Saturday out on the town
And a church girl on Sunday
She's a cross around her neck
And a cuss word 'cause its Monday
She's a bubble bath and candles
Baby come and kiss me
She's a one glass of wine
And she's feeling kinda tipsy

She's the giver I wish I could be
And the stealer of the covers
She's a picture in my wallet
and my unborn children's mother
She's the hand that I'm holding
When I'm on my knees and praying
She's the answer to my prayer
And she's the song that I'm playing

[Repeat chorus]

She's the voice I love to hear
Someday when I'm ninety
She's that wooden rocking chair
I want rocking right beside me
Everyday that passes
I only love her more
Yeah, she's the one
That I'd lay down my own life for

And she's everything I ever wanted
And everything I need
She's everything to me
Yeah she's everything to me

Everything I ever wanted
And everything I need
She's everything to me
“Thank you.” she said giving Colin a kiss as the song ended.
Next it was time to cut the cake. Colin had every intention of getting it all over Eden’s face but his mom told him to be nice. While Colin’s mom had him distracted it gave Eden the perfect opportunity to smash it in Colin’s face when he turned back to her.
“I had to baby.” She said laughing.
“Come here and kiss me.” He said pulling her close to him as he smashed the cake on her face. They shared an icing filled kiss while every snapped pictures at the precious sight in front of them.
After they cleaned up they did more dancing.
“I believe I need to dance with my daughter.” Steve said cutting in.
Heartland’s “I Loved Her First” started playing as her dad spun her around. When the song ended Colin came up to share another dance with Eden.
“Take care of her.” Steve said wiping tears as he walked away.
Finally the night was coming to an end and everyone was starting to leave. Eden pulled Colin aside to give him his wedding gift.
“I told you not to get me anything.”
“I told you the same thing but you got me Brad Paisley. By the way can I keep him?” she said joking.
“No I think his wife would miss him. So what is in this envelope?” He said emphasizing the word wife.
“Open it and find out.” She said as Colin opened the envelope.
“Plane tickets?”
“Look where they go to.”
“Italy?”
“I know you’ve wanted to go and I have too so I figured we’d go for our honeymoon. I know you only have a week off so we won’t be gone long.”
“This is amazing.” Colin said almost speechless.
“So you like it?”
“I love it. When do we leave?”
“In about 4 hours. That’s why I had you pack a bag. I’ve had mine in the back of my car for a week ready to go.” She said proudly.
“I guess we better be ditching our party to so we can go.” Colin said smiling.
“Let’s get to it.”
Colin and Eden said goodbye to the remainder of their guests which was mostly family and changed out of their wedding garments and headed to the airport.
“Not that I mind waiting but you know we have almost 2 hours before our flight leaves.” Eden said.
“I just wanted to be alone with you. I’ve had to share you all day.”
“Well you get me all to yourself for 5 days.”
“And it’s going to be a hell of a five days with you.”
“I’m not spending all five days in the bed. I want to sightsee.”
“But we can spend the majority of the time in bed.” He said winking.
“You’re crazy.”
“In love.”
“Don’t sing the Beyoncé song please.”
“I won’t.” He said laughing.
“What are we going to do for another hour and a half?”
“What do you want to do?”
“To be honest. Eat.”
“What sounds good? I’m hungry too. I didn’t get to eat much.”
“At this point anything.”
“How about subway?”
“That sounds really good.”
The two made their way through the airport to subway. As they were eating a few people came up to Colin and asked him for a picture but he politely declined saying he was with his wife which made Eden smile ear to ear.
“Ok now what do we do?” Eden asked.
“We can walk around or something.”
“Might as well. There’s nothing to do.”
“Someone’s grouchy.”
“I’m tired.”
“Then let’s sit down and you can take a nap until it’s time to leave.”
“Its ok. I don’t want to fall asleep now and not be able to sleep on the plane.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yea I’ll be fine. It’s just been a long day.”
“Yea but it was a pretty awesome one.” He smiled at her.
“Yea it was.” She smiled back.
“I can’t believe I settled down at 25.”
“I can’t believe I did at 21.”
“Do you regret it?”
“Not for a second. Do you?”
“No I feel like this is where I’m supposed to be.” He said kissing her forehead.
Eden’s phone buzzed letting her know she had a new twitter alert.
@E!news: does the San Francisco 49er’s QB have a baby on the way?
Along with the tweet was a picture of Colin and Eden sitting in the waiting area of their terminal and Colin had his hands on Eden’s stomach smiling. Eden started laughing.
“Colin look at this.” She said handing him her phone.
“I guess we forgot to tell people we were expecting too.”
“I seriously thought people knew. We didn’t really hide it but I’m flattered because I must not look that big out in public.”
“We can always make a statement.” Colin suggested.
“No we can leave them wondering and guessing.” She laughed.
“I’m getting a lot of tweets asking.”
“Me too. I need to change my name to Eden Kaepernick.”
“Yes you do.”
Eden went into her settings and changed her display name to Eden McGarrett-Kaepernick and her twitter name to @Ekaepernick7 and sent a tweet to Colin just to show him.
Hi husband @kaepernick7 I love you!
A minute later Eden got a message saying Colin retweeted her.
“So you’re keeping your maiden and adding mine.” Colin asked
“Just on twitter.”
Finally their flight was called and they went to their terminal to board. Soon they were in the air and on their way to Italy to celebrate finally being married.