Unexpected Love

Here We Go Again

Eden wouldn’t talk to her mom after leaving the venue. She just wanted time to cool off and think. She went to her only place of sanity, the beach. The waves always made a calming noise, though the water was always cold she just liked to come sit and stare out at the water and think.
Colin followed Eden but didn’t approach her. He knew how she got when she was mad. He didn’t want her to be alone in fear that something would happen to her, so he gave her her space and sat in his car and waited. About an hour later Eden came walking back from the beach. Colin rolled his window down so she could see him. Eden stopped at Colin’s car unsure of what to say to him. Instead he spoke.
“I’m driving you home, no arguments. We don’t have to talk or anything but you’re not walking it’s too far.”
Eden didn’t say anything and just got in. While they were driving she wanted so bad to reach for his hand and hold like she used to when they would go somewhere. The silence was driving her crazy.
“I don’t want to run anymore Colin.”
Shocked that she spoke he turned to look at her to make sure she actually did.
“What do you mean?” He asked a little confused.
“I don’t want to run from my problems every time it gets bad.”
“Ok.”
“I don’t want to run from you. I should have stayed and let you explain. But I’m stubborn and only saw one solution. I’m sorry I didn’t give you a chance.”
“I’m sorry I didn’t run after you.”
“I guess we’re both at fault.”
“Yea we are.”
“I miss you Colin.”
“Really?” Colin asked with a smile.
“Yea really.” Eden said smiling
By now they were at Eden’s parents’ house sitting in the driveway.
“I want to be with you but it’s going to take a lot for me to trust you again. I know you didn’t cheat on me or anything but it’s the fact that you kept things from me. And you didn’t keep your promises to me.”
“I know. But you have to promise me something.”
“Ok.”
“You’re not going to leave again. No matter how bad things get you can’t leave and not tell me where you’re going. I have to know where you’re going so I can chase you.” Colin said looking into her eyes.
“Then don’t give me a reason to leave.” Eden said back leaning into Colin for a kiss.
Just before their lips met, they were startled by a horn blowing making them jump apart. Colin rolled down his window to reveal a surprised but a very happy looking Jeremy.
“Before you two start sucking face can you move your car so we can leave? That includes you lover boy. We have to celebrate my last night as a single man!” Jeremy said.
Eden gave him a death glare as a silent warning to not doing anything stupid.
“Don’t worry Eden there’s no strippers. Just some old fashioned poker and alcohol. Tanya would kill me if we had strippers.”
“I knew I liked her for a reason.” Eden said as Jeremy rolled his eyes.
“Just hurry up and tell each other bye so we can go.”
Colin rolled the window up in Jeremy’s face as a way to tell him to shut up and go away.
“So I guess I will see you tomorrow. Have fun tonight.” Eden said getting out of the car.
“Where do you think you’re going?” Colin asked smiling.
“Inside?” Eden said as a question.
“I think you forgot something.” Colin said smirking.
“No I didn’t. All I had was my pho-“
Colin cut her off with an earth shattering kiss. It only lasted a few seconds because Jeremy started honking his horn again.
“Stop making out with my sister! Let’s go!” Jeremy yelled. Jack was sitting next to his son shaking his head and smiling.
Eden and Colin broke apart smiling.
“I guess you better go.”
“Yea, he’s not going to stop until I do. I’ll text you tonight when he passes out.”
“Don’t let him drink too much. We don’t need a hung over groom.” Eden said joking.
“I won’t. I don’t think Jack will let him either.” Colin said laughing.
Jeremy started honking again so Eden gave Colin a kiss on the cheek and got out.
Eden walked into her mom’s house with butterflies in her stomach and a bright, beaming smile.
She knew her mom wouldn’t be too happy about her and Colin but she was happy and that’s all that mattered.
“Just don’t let him break your heart again.” Her mom warned.
Eden nodded. Knowing in her heart things would be different this time.
A few minutes later she got a text.
I couldn’t wait until Jeremy passed out to text you even though Jeremy says I can’t text you at all so I’m sending this to tell you I can’t text you after this one. I don’t know if that made sense but yea what are we?
LOL! That kind of sort of made sense but I got what you meant .Eden texted back.
You didn’t answer my question L
I know…
Why? L
Because I haven’t decided yet L
Do I need to come back and kiss you a few more times to make you say yes to be with me again? J
Hmm….
What are you thinking about? Good things I hope (fingers crossed)
LOL I’m thinking about you if you must know :P
Oh really?!? What about me???
Yes and those wonderful kisses you give ;)
Tell me more LOL
Nothing more to tell…
Ur so mean!
I know J
I’m coming back and I’m going to kiss you until you say yes!
I don’t think Jeremy will like that or my mom and Tanya for that matter HA-HA!
IDC! I need to show you that you need to be with me!
You can show me tomorrow J tonight have fun with the guys
Fiiiineeee! I guess I can do that L I would much rather be with you. You’re more fun. Jeremy’s making mean faces at me. I don’t think he likes you getting all my attention J
Awe thanks but you’ll see me tomorrow. Now go have fun with the guys! Bye Colin!
Bye Edy! See you tomorrow. You’re going to look prettier than the bride… don’t tell anyone I said that.
OMG COLIN! I HAVE TO GO NOW!
I hope you have sweet dreams of me tonight ;)
COLIN!
Yes?
I’m turning my phone off now... I will see you tomorrow
I’m still going to text you.
You have to sleep sometime.
Why are you replying to me? I thought you shut your phone off.
Shut up! Ur hard to resist.
Am I now?
GOODBYE COLIN! I’m really turning my phone off now!
Bye Edy Bug J
Eden never turned her phone off, she liked having Colin text her. But after about an hour Colin stopped texting her and she kind of got sad. She missed this fun, flirty, dorky side of Colin but she figured Jeremy made him stop so he could have guy time. She knew she was going to say yes to being with him but she wanted him to sweat a little and work for it a bit. She couldn’t wait to see him tomorrow in his tux. He would be so handsome.
She hoped someday she and Colin could have their fairytale ending like Jeremy and Tanya.