Status: In progree

Kiss Me Slowly

Oh My Stomachs Tied In Knots

Kellin POV

Holy shit. Vic had asked me to go over to his place sometime. What do I even do? I can’t like him! We JUST met. There’s no way he’s into dudes. Just no way.

“Uhm sir?”

I jumped, and noticed there was a customer. “Yes?” He rolled his eyes in response. “ I said, can I get a mocha cookie crumble?”

“Oh, uhm yeah. Sure.” I replied, although my mind was elsewhere. I felt bad for making him wait, but I couldn’t help it. I made the drink, handing it to him and collecting the money.

I just wish I could just turn my feelings off. I didn’t WANT to like him. It always ends badly. I learned that from my last relationship, which ended in me moving. I just wouldn’t get close to him. That’s all. I nodded my head involuntary, making my final decision.

I got home from work that day and sighed, putting my apron on the hook in my bathroom. I was exhausted, yet I couldn’t fall asleep. What was this boy doing to me? I hopped into the shower, hoping to clear my thoughts. Once the hot water hit my skin, I instantly felt relaxed.

****

After what felt like hours, I got out of the shower. I had felt better, but ended up being more exhausted. Maybe now I could get full night’s sleep. Yet Vic was STILL on my mind. Why? I honestly couldn’t see the bad, but I couldn’t see the good of getting close to him. I don’t understand why life is such a game, and no matter what you pick, in the end, it just ends up being a trap. Sometimes, all I want in life is for things not to be complicated. Why can’t things just come easy?

The night consisted of hearing music from next door. The one thing that stood out to me was someone’s voice. It was intriguing. I walked over to my window, and moved the curtain a little so I could see next door. What I saw surprised me; Vic had his back to the window and was singing with a guitar in his hand. It was mesmerizing. I watched in total awe.

After feeling somewhat like a stalker, I went back to my bed and laid down. I stared at the ceiling, focusing hard on the lyrics he was singing.

But you don’t know what it’s like,

To wake up in the middle of the night,

Scaring the thought of kissing razors. .

I felt a shiver down my spine when I heard the words come from his mouth. They really stuck to me. I couldn’t believe I hadn’t known how well he could sing. I guess getting to know him won’t be SO bad. And honestly what’s the worst thing that could happen? I’m pretty sure the worse has happened so it wouldn’t hurt to try. I could really feel myself starting to fall for this boy, no matter how much I denied it.

Vic POV
It’s been a few days since I’ve talked to Kellin at his job. I haven’t seen him considering I’m an owl and he wakes up around the time I go to bed.

I’m aware this isn’t healthy.

But ignoring that, I’m thinking I might go pay Kellin a visit. It’s Saturday and the shop’s closed on Saturdays. No, I’m not stalking him. I just go there a lot, so I know the schedule.

I glanced at the clock, seeing that it was 1 in the afternoon. I let out a slight groan as I sat up, cracking my back and standing up. “Mike! I’m going over to the neighbor’s!" I shouted in the general direction of his room.

"Alright!" I heard him call back. Before he could invite himself along, I headed out of the door.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my brother and spending time with him. But I really just wanted to get to know Kellin without him feeling uncomfortable about another person there.

I stood in front of his house, my hands in my pockets as I bit my lip. Was I intruding? Or being too annoying? Maybe I should just go back home and say he wasn’t there..

I turned to leave, but before I could, I heard the door open. “Vic?" I heard him say. It sounded like he was smiling.

I turned slowly, cursing myself in my head. “Oh, hey Kellin," I answered, smiling sheepishly at him.

"What are you doing? Why didn’t you knock?" he asked, frowning a bit.

"Um, I didn’t want to bother you," I mumbled, looking down at my feet.

"You wouldn’t have been bothering me! In fact, I was debating on taking you up on your offer and heading over to your house," he told me, making me look up.

"Really?" I asked. “So I’m not being, I don’t know, annoying or intrusive?"

He smiled and shook his head. “Nope, not at all. Do you want to come in and hang out or something?"

I thought for a minute before realizing that this was the reason I came over in the first place. “Yeah! If you don’t mind."

"Of course I don’t! Come on in." He held the door open for me and I smiled at him shyly before stepping in.

"Should I take my shoes off or-you know, I’m just going to take my shoes off," I said quickly, stepping on the heels and slipping them off. He was watching me with a raised brow and chuckled a little bit.

"You didn’t have to, but that’s alright," he chuckled, leading me to the living room. “Can I get you anything? A beer?"

I grimaced playfully. “Um, no. I got hammered a few days ago and I don’t think I’ve recovered yet." He laughed at me, grabbing two bottles of water.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Hopefully water will do?" he answered, sounding like he was asking as he handed me the bottle an sat down. I nodded gratefully, opening it and taking a swig.

"Thanks," I said. He smiled over at me and I looked into his eyes, noticing how pretty they were. Which was pretty weird, considering that I’ve looked into them plenty of times. “Um, sorry for showing up unexpected," I coughed, trying to hide the fact that I was checking him out.
"It’s fine! But um..this is going to get awkward really quick if we don’t find something to talk about," he laughed softly. I frowned a bit, thinking.

"Um…what kind of music do you like?" I asked.

He flushed a little, looking down. “Uhm, I’ve never heard any kind of music except religious," he coughed, not looking at me. My jaw dropped and I felt a little rude, but come on!

"Are you fucking serious? Why?"

"My parents are very Christian, and I’ve never..had the energy to rebel? I don’t know, that’s just the only music I’ve ever heard," he shrugged. “This is actually the first time I’ve ever lived by myself, independently."

"How old are you?" I questioned, curious now.

"I’m 19," he answered, blushing a little more. “How old are you?"

"22," I replied. “But that is beside the point. You are coming with me to my house right now and my band is going to play you some fucking good music, got it?" I said, not giving him a choice as I grabbed his wrist and pulled him up, dragging him out of the door.

"Okay?" he answered, sounding kind of panicked as I pulled him into my house.

"Mike-Tony-Jaime-get-your-asses-in-here-we-have-business-to-do," I said, grabbing my guitar and pushing Kellin onto the couch so he would sit down. “It’s an emergency!"

Okay, so I was being a little dramatic.

But this was serious!

"Ready?" I questioned Kellin. He nodded, looking concerned.

"I guess.."