Trying My Luck.

Six.

I walked in the house and saw Tom doing my dishes and Chris looked upset. I ignored it, I knew he wouldn't tell me.
"Did you get your mustang settled in?" Chris asked.
"Not yet, I come to get a water bottle then I am going to get him in the corral and work with him." I ended.
"What are you doing for your birthday?"
"Not a damn thing." I chuckled.
Chris started to say something when Tom spoke first. "Want to go on a casual date?"
I turned and looked at him very confused. "Like more than friends date or a friend kinda date?"
"I'll tell you when we go on the date." He smirked.
I smiled softly and went to watch TV with Chris. I snuggled up in the corner of my sectional and covered up. Chris turned on Identity Thief, which is an amazing movie, Tom sat beside me and I laid my head in his lap.
::Next Morning::
I awoke in my bedroom, sunlight draining into my room. I looked a t my clock, 10:00! I slipped into a pair of dusty jeans, a flannel and my boots. As I ran out the door I grabbed my cowboy hat and ran out to greet Fancy. She pranced in the gates, a ball of energy. My neighbor Kinder walked over, he was tall, tan, built, shaggy and curly, dirty blonde hair, and green eyes.
"You aren't going to take on her yourself are you?" He laughed.
I straddled the fence, "Well, thanks for showing up." I smiled.
Kinder was the one person I could be myself with, I felt that I disappointed my brother and family.Kinder never judged me.He came and stood on the fence as I jumped in with Fancy. She was much better, I could actually touch her now. I fed her some feed and brushed her mane out afterward. I patted her back and she stood still. I tugged her mane as if I was going to get on and she didn't move. I jumped on and laughed as she bucked and reared, once I showed her she was okay we ran circles. I heard a door close and my brother yelled. I was startled and fell back on the ground.
"What are you doing?" he yelled angrily, "Messing with that horse by yourself?!"
"Kinder is here." I shouted getting up.
Chris looked at him and growled. "You let her on by herself?"
"I'm sorry but she doesn't listen to me either. She whopped my ass cause she wanted to save the damn thing." he defended.
"Why the hell are you so mad?" I asked, getting mad.
"You're reckless, ever since you ditched dumbass, you haven't been Tanlor. I heard you carrying on with him. Why can't you do that with me or anyone else?" he barked.
I was very confused why this happening in this moment. "Where is this coming from Chris?"
"Look, seeing Luke last night, here. It scares me, you're all I have and you could be taken from me like that."
I chuckled at him and jumped the fence and hugged him. He told me to be careful and if I needed him he would be inside. I got back in the corral with Fancy and Kinder had her reined up. He laughed with me about my brother.
"Having fun?" Tom spoke startling me and Kinder.
"Uh, yeah."
"I'm heading back, if you want we can try her again tonight."Kinder stated.
"I'm going to take her out." I smiled looking at Tom. "You wanna go riding?"
He smiled and and nodded. I saddled Luna up for him and went and got on Fancy.
"Are you sure you're okay on her?" Tom reassured.
I smiled and nodded at him racing off into the afternoon.
::Birthday:: Tom's Leaving::
The past few days have been spectacular. No news crew, no craziness, bonding with my brother and Tom. I was close to breaking Fancy and I had come out of my shell a bit more. I went downstairs to an empty house a note saying they'd be back and Happy Birthday. I frowned knowing tonight Tom is leaving. I opened the fridge and fried me an egg sandwich. Lindsey texted me telling me Happy Birthday also. After I finished eating I went and got dressed. I wanted to look very cute for Tom, so I put on a coral polka dotted dress with white gladiator sandals. I went and put on deodorant, brushed my teeth and put on some "Be Enchanted" body spray. I heard them come in and I rushed down to greet them.
Tom stood there with a small box in his hands, I caught his eye and smiled.
"Here you go, Happy Birthday." he stuttered, handing me the box.
I opened it it and it was a electric blue rose held by gold. It was beautiful. I leaped on him and thanked him.
"Thank you." he smiled.
Chris ran up stairs and Tom just smiled.
"What?" I blushed.
"You have shown me that strength is all you need and someone to love you. I adore every quality about you Tanlor. You are amazing and strong. So thank you."
I choked on my tears sliding the ring on my right hand. I hugged him again and I didn't want to let go. I loosened my grip and leaned back to be face to face with him.
"Please." He told as his blue eyes begged for my lips.
I watched him closely and leaned towards him, closed my eyes. The most electric thing happened then, I felt like I could do anything. His hands wrapped around my neck and he wanted to savor every bit of this kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he lifted me up. I pecked him to let him know we had to stop. I didn't want to, but i didn't want to rush this.
"That was perfect." I blushed.
"It was." He grinned giving me an Eskimo kiss.
I laughed and looked forward to the day ahead of us, before he had to leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed. I have to work tomorrow but I shall have one or two more tomorrow night! XOXO.