Status: Comment and recommend, please!

I'm Not a Hero

Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning before any of them. I quietly got out of the living room, avoiding their bodies sprawled out on the floor. I headed to my room and picked out my blue two-piece to wear to the beach today. After I got my shower, I changed into my swimsuit and let my hair fall down in its natural waviness. I didn't bother with makeup. I picked my beach bag up and put sunscreen, water, and four towels in it. I put it in the trunk of my car. Then, I started to make breakfast for all of us. Even though it was almost noon, it still counted as breakfast, right?

“Mommy? Can I help?” Dora asked as she entered the kitchen.

“Of course you can! Would you like to help me crack the eggs?” She nodded vigorously. I chuckled and motioned for her to come to me. I showed her how to crack an egg. She was surprisingly good for a 6 year old. She only got a little bit of shell in the bowl. She giggled as I fought with the egg to get the shell out. We finished making breakfast and Dora and I went to wake the girls up. We devised an evil plan, though. Dora ran over to Sammi and jumped on top of her. Meanwhile, I screamed in Jade’s ear. Jade freaked out and shout up immediately. Sammi shot off the floor, too. Dora and I were on the floor, laughing so hard.

“You-you…female dog!” Jade screeched at me.

“Br-breakfast is ready, y’all.” I got up off the ground.

“You made breakfast?”Jade’s voice softened. If you made her food, she would give you her kidney. No joke.

“I helped!” Dora piped up.

“Did you? Then it has to be wonderful! Let’s eat!” Jade raced over to the table and began to stack her plate with food. I helped Dora get a plate of food and then got my own. After breakfast, Jade and Sammi went to get ready and I helped Dora get ready. Dora picked out her Dora two-piece and I helped her put it on. She picked out some flip-flops and sunglasses that matched her pink bathing suit.

“Are you ready to go, Andy?” Sammi called out.

“Yeah! Dora and I are coming.” I called out loud enough for her to hear me. Dora and I walked out of her room and met up with Sammi and Jade in the hall. Sammi had on a purple bikini and sunglasses along with her purple flip-flops. Jade had on a zebra print bikini with zebra sunglasses and flip-flops. “Let’s go!”

The ride to the beach was pretty uneventful. We took my car since Dora still needed a car seat. We sang along to the songs on the radio and had fun. Ten minutes later, we were getting out of the car and heading to the wonderful ocean. I got my bag out of the trunk along with a surprise for Dora. Jade helped Dora out of her seat and led us over to a fairly less-crowded part of the beach. We set our towels down and I took out the sunscreen.

“I wanna go in!” Dora whined.

“I know, sweetie, but I have to put this on so you don’t get burnt. It’ll just take a minute.” She squirmed as I applied the white lotion. I put some on myself and Dora dragged me over to the water. She quickly ran behind me and pushed me into the surf. When I surfaced seconds later, she was giggling uncontrollably. “I’m gonna get you!”

“Ahh!” She squealed and ran away from me. I caught up to her soon and grabbed her. I tickled her stomach and she began giggling again and kicking her legs out.

“S-s-stop! P-p-please!”She let out.

I shook my head,”Not until you say sorry!”

“S-s-s-sorry! Stop!” She choked out. I stop tickling her and picked her up, taking her out into the ocean. The water was a perfect temperature. I can’t express how much I love Californian weather sometimes.

Andrew’s POV
“Come on, Andy! We’re going to be late!” Jinxx whined. We were on the way to meet his girlfriend, Sammi, and some of her band members. I was busy perfecting my hair. Even though we were going to the beach, I had to look good!

“Alright! Jeez, man.” I got into the car and sat next to Ashley. A conversation started about Sammi’s band and the others in it.

“So are they hot?” Ashley asked Jinxx. We shook our heads in disappointment.

“You’re such a pig, Ash.” I told him.

“Thanks, bro.” He grinned. I shook my head and chuckled at the same time. I don’t think Ash has gone a done without thinking about sex, or something related to it. The rest of the car ride was pretty quiet. Not an awkward silence, but the comfortable kind.

“We’re here!” CC called right before he jumped out of the still moving vehicle. Sometimes I think he’s on drugs. The rest of us calmly got out of the car and grabbed our stuff out of the trunk. Meanwhile, CC ran like a crazy man down the beach calling for Sammi. CC found her and waved us over to them. Only Sammi and a girl with blue-green hair stood there.

“Hey, guys. I’m Jade.” The girl introduced herself. Sammi introduced all of us to Jade and we said our hellos.

“Summer couldn't be here today, but Andy’s out there with Pandora.” Sammi said casually. What the hell? I was right here! Seeing the confused look on our faces, she elaborated,” Andromeda? She’s the lead singer/guitarist. Here she comes!”

I looked over my shoulder to see a gorgeous girl with fire-engine red hair and a blue bikini. She looked absolutely gorgeous. Her eyes captivated me in a way I couldn't understand. She looked beautiful and flawless, even without makeup on. I snapped out of my thoughts when she began to talk.

Normal POV:

"Hi, I'm Andy and this is Dora. Want to say hi, sweetie?" I looked down at the tiny girl as she stood behind my legs, almost hiding from them. Dora shook her head. I guess the guys could be a little intimidating at first. I leaned down and whispered in her ear, "They won't bite. I'll protect you, sweetie."

"Hi."She muttered shyly. The boys then each introduced themselves. My eyes glanced up and met Andy's beautiful blue eyes. For a couple of minutes, we all just sat around sort of awkwardly. Jade began talking to Ashley for a while and the rest of us talked to each other.

"Mommy! I wanna play in the sand!" Dora cried out excitedly.

"Okay, sweetie. Lets go play down by the water, yeah?" Dora nodded and we grabbed her toys and headed down to the edge of the surf. She began to pack the sand into the little bucket ma-bobber. I tried to help her.

"You're doing it wrong!" She stopped me.

"Oh, am I now? Who made you Queen of Sandcastles?" I acted like a three year old, but she insulted my sandcastle making skills!

"Can I help you?" A deep voice asked from behind me. I turned and looked at Andy.

"Um," I looked at Dora for her approval, she nodded."Sure, yeah."
♠ ♠ ♠
I am horribly sorry it's been so long since I last updated. I've been dealing with some personal problems and I just started high school, so I've been really busy. I'll update again in the next week.