Sequel: Speak Now
Status: Active

Superstar

Chapter 12

After driving around for what seemed like forever, we finally got to the restaurant. It was a small Italian family owned restaurant. We sat in a booth across from each other. "Oh almost forgot", he said running out the door. 3 minutes later he was back sitting across from me with a jar. He slid it over to me and grabbed my hand. I looked at the jar with my free hand. It read "kittens quarters". "That should keep me covered for a couple weeks", he said smiling proudly. "Cute", I admitted smiling.

"You're different", he said suddenly, eating his spaghetti. I looked up amused. "How so", I asked, putting my fork down. "Well for starters, you're so feisty, I never know whats going to come out of your mouth."

"Thats sad Patrick", I said laughing as I twirled my spaghetti.

"And you're not impressed by me", he actually winced when he said this.

"Oh I can't imagine how hard that is for you. I mean you are just sooo impressive", I said sarcastically.

"I mean it lex. Every other girl is always falling at my feet waiting for my next move and wanting to be near me. You're the first one trying to get away". Now I couldn't help but laugh. I felt myself feeling relaxed for the first time in forever.

"What can I say, I'm not like every girl", I said still laughing.

"So whats your story". "What do you wanna know", I asked. "Why'd you just move to Chicago this year with Corey"

"I don't know what you know about Coreys past, but our dad died when I was born and our mom left when I was 7 and Cor was 13. After that we ended up living with our grandparents, who put us in dance and hockey to get our minds off of things I guess. All of our emotions and anger and hurt were put into our sports and both of us got really good. Soon Cor was drafted and I was accepted into Juliard for dance, so I stayed in New York while Corey traveled. I needed a break from the craziness of my life in New York and my grandma agreed that I should come stay with Corey in Chicago", I explained.

"Interesting", he said. "What is". "You, its just you're different then I expected. On the outside and to the rest of America, you're like this walking barbie doll. But no one knows how much you've been through", he said playing with his straw.

"What about you", I asked.

"Grew up in the same house all my life with my mom and dad and 3 sisters. My dad wasn't around much due to business trips but my mom was always there for me dragging me to games and practices. Hockey was all I did as a kid, nothings really changed."

"You have 3 sisters", I asked. "Ya most of the time I was the only guy in the house, it was hell", he laughed, "but my little sister Jacqueline , I was usually able to talk her into wrestling and shit with me. I love them more than anything"

"You're different too", I said.

"Thats cause you're judgmental", he said pointing his finger at me. "No. Thats because you're a pig and selfish and you treat girls like crap and"

"Hey now, who said I treat girls like shit", he asked, looking hurt. "Sorry Patrick, but I don't know any girl who likes being fucked one minute and forgotten about the next", I said leaning back in my seat. "That sounds pretty shitty when you say it like that". "It is", I shrugged, "and you wondered why my brother warned me to stay away with you. I did too". His eyes changed from interested in what I was saying, to understanding. "You'd thought I'd do the same to you", he said his eyes widening.

"I assumed you wanted too". "Of course I wanna sleep with you", he said so nonchalantly and I felt my cheeks get red, "I'm just not sold on the whole forgetting you part". I eyed him carefully. "You say that to all the girls", I accused. "I don't have to say that to all the girls".

We sat in silence for a few moments.

"What are you thinking", he asked me.

"Honestly", I asked. "Honestly".

"That I don't trust myself with you"
♠ ♠ ♠
I was having some writers block earlier so I didnt think I was gonna update again tonight but its cured now I guess lol:) I love reading your guys' comments except I dont know how to reply to them...just know that I am reading them and smiling/laughing thanks for reading and leave your opinions:)