Sequel: Speak Now
Status: Active

Superstar

Chapter 14

I woke up to my phone ringing ughh who's even up at this time, I thought bitterly as I reached for my phone. Apparently a lot of people….

Lyssa: SOS no new boy toy my ass
Patrick: we need to talk
Abby: wow thanks for telling me lex
Annabella: Do you have anything to tell me!!??

Whats up everyones asses this morning, I thought as I forced myself to get out of bed. I put on some sweats and walked down to the 711 in the lobby. Sure enough, there were about 3 different magazines and newspapers with last nights incident on the front page. Well fuck.

"Troubled VS supermodel and Troubled NHL star""
"Mystery girl said to be Lexie Crawford, VS supermodel and Blackhawks goalie Coreys, sister"
"Supermodel leaves 'drama of Sidney Crosby' for this"

"All these", the cashier asked looking at the 20 magazines I was going to buy. "Yes", I groaned just wanting to go back upstairs. The cashier rang me up with a look of understanding as he looked at me. "Thank you", I said running out. I speed walked back to the elevator but accidentally bumped into someone on the way.

"Kitten", I heard a tired voice mumble, "Why are you up so early". "I got your plus 3 other people texts waking me up", I explained. "Oh yea, come here", he said suddenly waking up. He dragged me into the elevator with him and we went to his apartment.

"Do you have coffee", I asked as I sat down at the kitchen bar. "You can make it if you want I have the coffee stuff I just don't know how to make it", he said sitting across from me. "You seriously suck".

"Do you hate me", he asked suddenly. This was the first time since I've met him that he looked nervous. "For no coffee, ya kinda", I said smirking. This cause him to smile a little. "Did you see the magazines", he asked as the smile disappeared. I nodded.

"Please don't hate me I already called the press and they're going to stop releasing the 3 magazines with their sincerest apologies and kitten I'm so sorry about la-"

I cut him off. "Stop apologizing ok. Regardless of what the press wants to portray, I had a good time last night, and if I had the chance I wouldn't change anything", I said smiling as he reached across the table to squeeze my hand. "But I have to get back to my place now, Coreys gonna be up soon and I have to talk to Abby I think she's pissed at me", I said standing up. "Bye kitten", he said walking me to the door. "Bye Patrick", I said smiling and walking out.

Shit did this boy give me butterflies, I thought as I walked to my room. I quickly got dressed (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=88273552) and texted Abby and Annabella "breakfast"?

Abby: Be there in 15 minutes.
Annabella: ok

Soon I met them at the restaurant.

"Hey", I said smiling as they walked to my table. "I just want you to know you're both like my best friends ever here and I would've told you about last night but I honestly forgot. He made me a promise that if I went on this date with him if I still hated him he'd leave me alone and Im sorry guys please don't hate me", I said.

"You're not getting rid of us that quickly", Annabella said laughing. "Yeah, now to make it up to your best friends for not telling us about your little date, we want details", Abby said smiling.

I explained everything to them…from the getting to know each other at the beginning of the date to Jake showing up to the car ride home to him kissing me.

"He actually winced when he told you you weren't impressed by him? Oh my god", Annabella said laughing. "And he slept with that kids girlfriend? When?", Abby asked.

"No idea but he swore he didn't know. The guy came over and whispered to me and Patrick lost it.", I said recalling last nights events. "How was the kiss", Annabella asked. "I don't kiss and tell sorry", I said smirking at the girls. "Alexis-", Abby began, ready to threaten me. "I'm kidding. It was nice", I said smiling. "Was it like rough or ", Annabella asked. "No he was really slow and gentle", I said. "Im surprised if its one thing I heard about Kane is that he is not gentle with girls", Annabella explained, "Guess you're different". "Guess I am", I laughed.

"I say we have a girls sleevover night when they're away", Abby said smiling. "Wait when are they leaving again", I asked confused. "Friday", Abby said. I checked my calendar to see what day it was today….Monday. That was still pretty far. "I'm so excited for them theyre so close to the Cup", Annabella said smiling. "This week will be hell watch", Abby said taking a sip of her coffee.

"Why", me and Annabella asked confused. "They're just gonna be so stressed about this upcoming series which in turn will leave you stressed and it just won't be fun", Abby explained simply.

Friday came pretty quickly, but it wasn't as bad as Abby had said at breakfast on Monday. Me and Patrick hung out a little more and I was really getting used to having him around. On wednesday when we were going for ice cream he asked me if he could spend the night on Thursday night so I could give him a ride to the airport. Corey and a couple guys were already in Boston for a little early vacation and practicing before the chaos started. I was nervous, but I agreed. Sure we slept over with each other before, but both times we were under the influence of alcohol and this was our first as a couple. He explained that he wanted me to watch his car for his little stay in Boston.

Thursday came sooner than I would have liked.

I walked nervously around my kitchen, waiting for Patrick to arrive.

"What the hell lex", Abby said, looking up from the tv. 'I don't know Im sorta freaking out", I admitted.

"About what…, Lex I haven't seen Patrick even look at another girl since you're crazy date. Actually since he met you come to think of it", Abby said, raising her eyebrows at me. I shook my head. "Its not that", I explained.

"Then what is it", she said putting all her attention to me now.

"I just don't get why he can't take a cab like he always does. Why does he want me to watch his stupid death car"

"Lex can't he do something nice for you", Abby sighed. "How is that nice?". "Last time I checked, you don't have a car here", Abby smirked. "So", I asked. "SO he's leaving you his. Thats nice of him Alexis". "I guess", I said reaching for a glass of water, "but why does he have to stay over".

Abbys eyes widened with understanding. "I'm such an idiot", she admitted, "You're scared to spend the night with him. Thats what this is about". "I'm not scare", I defended, even though I could hear the shakiness in my voice, "Im just not ready". "why not", Abby asked. "Because once you give yourself to a guy, you can't get it back and it opens this shit hole of emotions that Im just not ready for. Im not ready to give him my heart, what if he breaks it?"

"What if he doesn't", Abby countered. A knock on the door scared us both.

"Come in", Abby yelled to the door. The door opened and Patrick walked in carrying his suitcases and hockey bag. I watched him take his overnight bag into my bedroom. I snuck a glance at Abby and she smirked at me.

"Hey kitten", he said pressing his lips against my neck. I felt my knees get weak. I forced a nervous smile.

"Hungry", I asked him. "Always", he said, before his lips met mine. I steadied myself on the counter, getting lost in the kiss. Soon I pulled myself away and walked to the fridge.

"Your choices are mac and cheese or mac and cheese", I said crinkling my face at the lack of food we had in this apartment. "Only one", he teased, "I'll help, he said reaching for the mac and cheese box.

"Awwwhhh look at you two cooking like an old married couple", Abby remarked from the couch. "My ass, we haven't even made it through a week away".

"Are you worried about this trip", Patrick said as he wrapped his arms around my waist and held on to me tightly, "Im not going to screw up I promise", he whispered in my ear. I avoided meeting his eyes, staring straight ahead.

(flashback)
"Baby I love you so much, I'll see you soon okay", Sidney said, before giving me a kiss and heading out the door. We've been away from each other before, but hockey road trip for us would be the longest. "I love you too", I said as he left.

"Look at me lex", he said softly, his fingers were gently caressing my cheek before they forced my chin upward. "I don't want any other girl", he said kissing my hand, "You hear me"?

"I hear you", was all I could force out. "But do you believe me", he asked raising an eyebrow. "We'll see", I said shrugging my shoulders. "Damn straight", he said playfully, "I'll prove it to you". I rolled my eyes and he pressed his warm mouth against mine.

"Shit I feel like I should leave a tip after watching that", Abby said, breaking us from our make out session. I peeled my body away from his. "We take quarters", Patrick said before leaning in for one last peck. Abbys face crinkled in confusion at the inside joke. "Whatever, my shows back on, hurry up with the food I'm hungry".

Patrick impressed me by not only helping cook, btu helping clean too.

"What are you thinking about", he asked me as I put the food in bowls. "Just about how differently I feel about you today versus when we met in the parking lot".

"And how do you feel about me today", he took my hand and tucked it behind my back, pulling my body closer to his. "Well, I don't hate you today", I smirked, feeling my heart beat getting quicker. His lips moved toward my face, brushing against my cheek without stopping. "You didn't hate me that day either", he whispered. Chills replaced my will to playfully fight back. I pushed him and spun on my heels away from his body. "I have to get ready for bed'.

"I'll come"m he called out to my back. "Don't think so pretty boy", I said turning to face him, "You will stay right here till I'm done. Go watch tv with Abs". "Okay kitten, go get ready for bed and I'll wait here", he said taking a seat next to Abby.

I guessed he probably thought I was up to something, but I had no intentions of doing anything sexual with him tonight. I wasn't really ready and before the night was over I'll probably have to admit that to him. I washed my face and put on some yoga shorts and a tank top before reentering the living room. "You can come in now", I said from the doorway.

I could feel his gaze checking out my whole body before pushing himself up from the couch and sauntering towards me. "Night Abby", he said, a huge smile plastered across his face. "I got you something", he said smiling and reaching into his bag. He pulled out a jar that said "Kittens Quarters", like the one he gave me on our first date, I realized I'd accidentally left it at the restaurant. "Cute", I admitted, as he poured a bag full of quarters into the jar.

"You owe me a lot of touches kittens", he teased. "Apparently. Who knew you were so clever". "Everyone except you", he answered cockily, "Is it ok if I jump in the shower?"

"Of course, theres towels under the sink", I said. My eyes refused to look away from him as he ripped his shirt off and dropped it to the floor. Damn hockey players and their gorgeous bodies, I silently cursed under my breath.

When the shower turned off he came back into my room, with just a green towel wrapped tightly around his waist. Beads of water dripped from his wet hair. "Kitten throw me a pair of briefs"

I opened his overnight bag and tossed him a pair. "Thank you", he said as he quickly changed into his pants. I forced myself to look away, staying strong tonight was gonna be harder than I first thought. "Like what you see", he smirked as he climbed into bed next to me. "Why don't you just date a mirror", I shot back.

"For starters, I can't have sex with a mirror", he smirked. Before I was able to respond his mouth was on mine, his tongue minty from just brushing his teeth. "I want you lexi", he said touching his lips against my neck. "I want you", he whispered in my ear, his voice raspy. "Pat", I spoke between breaths, "Pat stop". He stopped moving and I could feel his heart beating against my chest. His thumb was rested on the side of my face. "I'm sorry, its not that I don't want to…just not tonight".

I braced myself for his reaction, unsure of what would happen. In the past, it would piss Sidney off to the point where he would leave for the night and it'd take a whole lot of pleading to make home come back.

"Its okay kitten, I don't wanna if you're not ready", he said rolling onto his back. He leaned towards me and gave me a quick peck on my nose. "Thanks", I said, grateful he didn't seem angry. I smiled to myself, relief at his understanding as he reached for me. He hugged me tightly before placing my head against his chest. "Would it help if you knew I was falling in love with you".

I sat up. "Don't fuck with me Kane". He laughed and reached for me again. "I'm not". I leaned down to kiss him, my emotions getting the best of me. "Say it", I begged as my tongue swept across his bottom lip.

"So much for no pressure", he teased. "Say it", I begged again.

"I", he hesitated before going on and looking me right in the eyes, "I love you", he pulled at the back of my neck, his mouth exploring mine.

And just like that, those 3 simple words changed me. "I want you", I said as I inched my body closer to his. He pulled away slightly. "We don't have to do this, thats not why I said it", he said rubbing my back. "I know its not, but I want to", I said surprising myself. "You sure?"

"Are you trying to talk me out of it", I teased and scooted away from him. His eyes widened as he watched me scoot out of my boxer shorts, revealing the pink thong I was wearing. He tossed his shorts onto the floor before leaning over and tenderly kissing me. As my breathing increased with every touch, every electric filled moment, he cupped my face. "You know this changes things", he said. "Prove it", I smiled, remembering the words I told him after our first kiss.

"I love you Lex", he said, his voice was so sincere that it caught me off guard. "I love you too", I admitted. His lips were quickly back on mine, and with one easy thrust, I felt him inside of me.

"I love you, I'm sure ill fuck it up because I don't know what the hell I'm doing, just promise you'll be patient with me. Like a learning curve or something"?, he said as we finished.

"Thats not really reassuring Patrick", I said as I laid on my back. "Promise Kitten", he said, looking over at me. "I promise", I said.

My emotions were all over the place. I was nervous and happy and scared all at the same time. We crossed the line and no matter what happens it would never be the same.
♠ ♠ ♠
okokok wow. I know it seems like wow ok they went on one date and then bam theyre saying i love you and having sex its been almost 3 months since theyve met and started talking and it was clear that they had feelings from the start also I'm soo awkward at writing these kinds of scenes so I turned to some other books I read from and that helped me haha uhhh opinions?:)