Sequel: Speak Now
Status: Active

Superstar

Chapter 16

2 days later-

Panic set in as I realized that Patrick would be home in no less than an hour. I haven't talked to him since the text message 2 days ago. I half wondered if I should leave the apartment but I knew I'd have to face him sooner or later. It was easy to be tough when he was in another state. I was reading a magazine on my bed to get my mind off of things when my door bell rang. It could either be Corey or Patrick, and I prayed to god it was my brother.

"Alexis", Patricks voice echoed as he banged on the door, "Alexis open up its not what you think", so much for Abby not telling Sharpie. Big mouths. My stomach churned as I heard the door open, shit I need to learn how to lock that. "Kitten Im coming in". When he walked in my heart skipped a beat. His hair was all over the place and he was dressed in a suit and tie, probably from having interviews before his flight.

He rushed to my side and reached for me. I pulled back before he could touch me. "Kitten it isn't what you think, that girl wasn't in my room for me".

I refused to look at him, instead staring at the white wall across from me.

"Did you hear me? She wasn't there for me. I roomed with Shaw and he met her our first night. He invited her up to our room but she wast there for me, I just answered the door". "Where'd ally he pictures come from then", I finally spoke up. "She came upstairs with a bunch of other girls, but I wouldn't let them in. One of them probably took them". "Really", I asked, hating how hope hung on each word I said. "I swear", he said taking my hand and intertwining our fingers. "So you weren't with her", I asked once more. "No, I don't even like blondes anymore. Im kinda into this weird shade of brunette", he said brushing his fingers through my hair, "I wouldn't do that to you".

I basically jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly. He pressed his chest against mine before leaning for my lips and kissing me. "I missed you", he said in between kisses. He pulled away before I was ready and asked, "So tell me what exactly happened".

I sat back on my bed and took a deep breath. "Me and Abby were having lunch when these 2 random girls came up to me and showed me a picture of you with this girl going into your room and I pretty much lost it".

"And you just assumed the girl was with me", he said sounded upset. "You were the only two in the photos so ya", I shrugged. "Thats not fair lex". "I know", I said looking away from him. "I always share a room with at least one other guy and sometimes they invite people up, you can't assume that I'm doing something wrong all the time".

"What was I supposed to think", I snapped

"Fuck lex how about asking me?", his tone changed from anger to sadness. "Is that why you were ignoring me, because you thought I cheated on you the second I left town……we had sex", the anger in his voice was still there. "I'm not the first girl you've had sex with", I said defending myself.

"No, but you're the first one I've ever loved". "I just didn't wanna have this conversation over the phone", I admitted. "So instead you ignore me? Do you know how crazy that made me", he slid off the bed and paced around the floor, "I'm trying to concentrate on my fucking game and all I can think about is why the hell the girl Im in love with is ignoring me. I knew something was wrong when you never called. You can't fucking do that to me during the playoffs! Do you know how much shit I got from Coach Q about my performance we almost lost".

"I'm sorry patrick I didn't think-"

"This is bullshit Alexis! I haven't done anything to make you not trust me. But you don't right? You don't trust me". I avoided his eyes, the truth in his words hung. "Look at me", he said with his voice rising.

"What do you want from me Patrick?!", I tried to sound pissed but my voice cracked. "I want you to give me a fair shot but apparently thats too much to ask", he said turning his back towards mean and slamming the door on his way out.

"What the hell Lex", Corey said, walking in and referring to the scene he just stepped into. "He didn't do anything, it was me", I mumbled, getting off my bed to get my phone. "You two should have a tv show", Corey said chuckling to himself before leaving my room for the kitchen.

Asshole, laughing about my relationship troubles what a good brother, I thought to myself.

I quickly dialed Patricks number. I listened to it ring 3 times before going to voice mail. He was ignoring me. I swallowed my pride and walked back into the kitchen.

"I thought he cheated on me", I explained, taking a seat across from my brother.

"I know. He didn't though, I kept an eye on him all week, so did Sharpie", he said taking a bite of his sandwich, "He's whipped lex, haven't seen him even look at another girl. He did snap on about 5 guys this week, you were making him crazy ignoring him". "How'd you know about this", I asked surprised. "Sharpie said Abby told him that you were pissed at him and ignoring him", Corey said taking another bite of his sandwich.

"What if I lose him", I asked, it was more of a question for myself but it slipped out.

"You won't. And I know I said to steer clear of hockey players, but he's not Sidney lex, you can't let that asshole control your future too. Kaners just as stubborn as you are, he's not going to quit this early".

The sound of the door opening stopped our conversation. "Alexis", Patricks voice came into the kitchen, He had changed from his dressy attire to black baseball shirts and a grey tank top. "Hey Cor", he said waving to my brother, "I want to talk to you", he said to me. Fear shot through me as I pushed myself off my chair. "It'll be fine", Corey said, whispering in my ear. I followed Patrick back into my bedroom.

"Sit", he said, pointing at my bed. I did as I was told. He didn't join me, instead stood in front of me, like I was a little kid getting reprimanded. "Let me talk before you open your mouth ok?" I couldn't seem to find my voice so I just nodded.

"I want to be really pissed off at you right now. No, forget that, I am", he stopped talking and ran his fingers through his hair. "I know the thing happening between us is scary as hell and were both fucked up in some way. But when I told you I loved you, I meant it. I didn't mean that I would only if it was easy. I think we both know life isn't like that. I know its not easy to be with me and I know the past version of me is someone you would never trust. But Im different when Im with you", he paused, "I don't think I've been that guy since I took you to the beach after making you cry that one day, so its not fair to me to judge me like Im still him". He finally sat down next to me on the edge of the bed. "If were going to do this, you have to trust me".

It felt like eternity before I asked, "Can I talk now?" He laughed lightly and nodded.

"I'm really sorry Jack. I know you haven't done anything for me to not trust you but its just when those girls came up with that picture I felt so stupid. It felt like last year all over again and I went into defense mode, I couldn't go through that again", I tried to explain my craziness, hoping he'd understand. His arms wrapped around my back and pulled me towards him.

"You make me fucking crazy but I love you", he said, pressing his lips on my forehead. "So you're not breaking up with me", I asked looking up at him.

"You're not that lucky".
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought it would be too likee not cliche but typical if he cheated on her because I feel like thats always what happens and it doesn't always have to be like that so I wanted to scare you guys for a little but thats it:) Thanks for reading