Sequel: Speak Now
Status: Active

Superstar

Chapter 18

"Lex is the offer to come with you to the game still available….Patrick and I haven't talked", Abby said through the phone, I could hear the stress and sadness in her voice. "Yeah, my grandparents are in town so I'm gonna be sitting in the box seats but youre more than welcome." "Oh no, I don't want to bother you then, Annabella said I could sit with her if needed, thanks though, love you", Abby said hanging up.

I sighed and put my phone down. Corey said we were going out to eat after the game but I had no idea what to wear. I've been staring at my closet for the past 20 minutes. http://www.polyvore.com/untitled_13/set?id=88404399#fans I finally settled on a white dress with pink flats.

"Which ones Kaner", my grandpa asked. It was the beginning of the 3rd period and we were down 2-1. "Uhm", I said scanning the ice, "Oh the one who's fixing his hair…number 88", I said laughing and pointing towards the ice. I knew gramps probably couldn't see him but he smiled anyways and said how good he was. "Yeah he's great", I smiled.

The game ended with the Hawks winning 4-2. I left gram and gramps to go and get the car while I met Corey and Patrick outside of the locker rooms.

"My two favorite players", I said smiling as Corey and Patrick walked out of the locker room, both wearing suits.

"I'm hurt lexi", Shaw said walking out with his girlfriend. "love you shaw", I said laughing.'

We walked to the parking lot and I drove to the restaurant with Patrick while Corey drove with gram and gramps.

Around 15 minutes later we arrived at the restaurant. Everyone said their introductions and we quickly got to talking.

"When Lexi was just 4 years old probably Corey was still having a hard time coping with the fact that he had a younger sister stealing the attention", Gram began, here we go with the embarrassing stories. I looked to Patrick who seemed completely engrossed in what she was saying. "So I didn't hear the two for about 10 minutes and I got suspicious, they were usually running around and crying most of the time. So I went on a search of the house and found lexi sitting in the toilet crying while Corey was trying to shut the lid and flush her away", gram finished. I looked over to Patrick to see him bright red from laughing so hard.

"But now he realizes how great it is to have me as his sister", I said smiling at Corey. "Or she's just too big to flush down a toilet now", he said smiling.

"So Patrick how long have you played hockey", my grandpa asked. "I've been skating since I could walk", he beamed proudly. "Oh thats wonderful", Grandma said smiling.

PATRICK POV

"So Patrick, will you also be going to Switzerland this July with Corey", Gramps asked curiously. I saw Lex glance at me confused before I continued, shit I was gonna be in trouble later.

"Yep, I'm excited it should really help us out next season", I smiled politely. "Are you guys gonna do like the long distance thing", Corey asked scooping food into his mouth. Shit Cor not now.

"How long are you guys going for", Lexi spoke up, I couldn't tell if she was pissed or upset, her voice held no emotion. "July 7th- August 26th", Corey said oblivious to his sisters sudden mood change. "Long distance relationships suck, never work out", Corey added.

Way to go Corey.

As soon as Corey finished his sentence Lex was standing up and pushed her chair aggressively in the table. "Gram, gramps I'll see you tomorrow or later goodnight", she said kissing their cheeks before storming off. I excused myself from dinner and followed her out.

"Good luck sweety", Gram said to me as she gave Corey a stern look.

I followed her outside, "Just take me home".

I drove her home without any argument. The whole ride home was silent and when I walked her to her apartment she slammed the door in my face. Knowing her, I knew she didn't lock the door so I waited 2 minutes and walked in.

I saw the light on in her bedroom, she was putting her long hair into a pony tail and taking off her makeup. I stood up and started to walk to her, my heart instead of head clearly in charge of my actions.

"Don't", she snapped and I stopped, no fighting or arguing. I simply went and sat on her bed. I sat on the bed waiting for her to give me the time of day as she went into her bathroom and changed into sweats and a tank top. This girl had me whipped and I was in no way control of this situation right now.

"What the fuck is wrong with you", she said as she came back into her room, her tone caught me off guard. "What'd I do", I asked shrugging my shoulders.

"You're joking right", she laughed sarcastically, "You're going to another country filled with beautiful girls for 2 months in about 3 weeks and you didn't think it was important to tell me? Were you planning on being done with me by then so you can party with hot swiss girls?"

"I don't know if I'm going or not this year yet so I figured I wouldn't worry you until I knew for sure. Lex shit you know theres no other girl I'd rather be with then you", I mumbled. She sat down next to me. "Its just we don't have the best track record for communication and trust and stuff and Corey scared me when he was talking about long distance stuff", she said looking down.

"Will you please keep me in the loop when it comes to this hockey stuff? I don't want to be the last to know whats going on with you", she spoke quietly for herself and I could tell she was still hurt. "You'll never be last to know again I promise. And listen, no swiss girl could even come close to comparing to you", I said kissing the top of her head.

"Speaking of hockey….Tuesday we have a game in Boston, and if we win it we win the cup and I really want you to be there, and my sisters and dad and mom kinda wanna meet you too", I said feeling bad that I was throwing all this on her when she was just pissed at me.

"I'm going anyway but I'd love to meet them", she said smiling and a weight was lifted off my shoulders. "You are the greatest", I said kissing her softly. "I know", she said smiling as she pulled away.

"Now who has the big ego", I joked with her. "Still you", she rolled her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
So boring and short I'm sorry guys:( I have a lot of ideas that are coming soon and I needed some filler chapters to add up to it so dont hate me lol...I'll try and update once more tonight