Sequel: Speak Now
Status: Active

Superstar

Chapter 20

"Holy shit Lex", Abby said as I stepped out of the bathroom. Patrick texted me that he was gonna pick me up in 30 minutes for dinner with his family, nervous was an understatement.

"Too much", I asked nervously, tugging on the ends of my dress. http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=89030559

"No you look like a model….which yeah okay that only makes sense, but seriously you look perfect", Abby gushed and I blushed. Before I had time to sit and complain about how nervous I was the door bell rang.

Shit.
Shit.
Shit.

I wasn't ready for this. I checked the time on my phone, 640…he said he wasn't picking me up till 7. I sighed and opened the door.

"Kitten are you trying to give my dad a heart attack", Patrick said as I opened the door, I felt my cheeks go red.

"You said you were gonna pick me up at 7, you're early", I said as I grabbed my purse. "Blame my ma, she told me there was traffic and to come get you now". I nodded and said good night to Abby as I followed him out the door.

"Okay, so give me the like what do I say and not say to make a good impression", I asked as he opened the door for me. He walked around the car and climbed in the drivers seat.

"They'll love you cause I love you", he shrugged as he started the car. "Thats not true", I said, wanting a real answer.

"Honest kitten, if they know you make me happy then they'll be happy. Just be yourself", he said reaching over to hold my hand. I squeezed it and he returned it.

Around 15 minutes later we parked in front of a fancy french restaurant.

"There they are", Patrick said dragging me towards a table in the back.

"Mom, dad, girls, this is Lexie, Lexie…mom, dad, girls", Patrick said introducing me.

"We have names asshole", the youngest of the girls said. She had long dark brown hair and was gorgeous, they all were, "I'm Jacqueline and I'm sorry you have to put up with him", she said giving me a smile.

"Jacqueline language", her mom scolded her and she rolled her eyes. "Its so wonderful to finally meet you Lexie", his mom said giving me a warm hug.

"You too, Patrick talks about all of you all the time". "Oh really", the blonde sister said, giving Patrick a look that said it better be good things, "I'm Erica".

"And last but not least I'm Jessica", a small brunette said smiling.

After introductions we finally sat down and made casual small talk.

"So what do you do Lexie", Mrs. Kane asked as we waited for our food.

The question I most dreaded, I didn't want them judging me for being a VS model who pranced around in lingerie for the whole world to watch.

"I was a model but I'm taking a break currently. In the fall I'll go back to Juliard for dance", I said smiling. I didn't need to go into detail about what kind of model.

"Not just any model, mom she's a supermodel, how cool is that. Who knew Pat could date a supermodel", Jacqueline said.

Just kidding, I guess we do need to go into what kind of model, I sighed.

"How cool", Mrs. Kane said genuinely impressed and I smiled with relief when she didn't ask more questions about it.

"You're leaving in the fall", Patrick whispered to me. "We'll talk later", I said reaching for his hand but he pulled away. Luckily his parents didn't notice.

"So who wants to hear embarrassing stories about Patrick, I know you do lex", Erica said smiling.

I looked to Patrick who seemed completely emotionless.

The rest of dinner went by in a blur. I smiled and laughed at the appropriate times but most of the time I didn't even hear what they were saying.

Dinner ended and I said goodbye to his family, exchanging numbers with the girls and promising Mr. and Mrs. that I'd call them if I ever needed anything.

"Explain", was the only word Patrick said as we got in the car to go home.

"I told you I would, you didn't have to make me look like a bitch in front of your family", I snapped. All through dinner whenever I'd try to tell a story about the two of us, or ask for his imput on something, he would just shrug me off.

"Fuck Patrick, I'm not going back to Juliard in the fall. It was just a thought that gran put in my head. After I met you I decided I didn't want to leave Chicago any time soon".

"Oh so now I'm the bad guy keeping you away from your dreams right", he snapped. "No you idiot, I love you and a future with you is my dream. I have a good job and I'm happy here why do you have to make everything so damn complicated", I sighed, refusing to look at him.

"Kitten", he said, his voice softening.

"Don't start with this shit tonight Kane. Just drop me off. I think its best if we don't see each other until after Tuesday nights game", I said, still refusing to look at him. It was easy to be tough when I pretended he wasn't right next to me.

We didn't say another word to each other the rest of the night until he dropped me in front of my hotel.

"I love you so much and you make me crazy lex I'm sorry I'm just not used to this and theres a lot of pressure for Tuesday night and I fuck up everything good that ever comes to me"

I sighed and opened the door to get out.

"I love you too. I'll see you Tuesday", I said giving him a soft kiss and walking into my hotel.
♠ ♠ ♠
So much fighting and I know its probably getting old now but I just wanted to like just idk I cant think of the words...maybe stress the fact that all the guys are really stressed out during this time and tensions are runnning high with all of them.