Sequel: Speak Now
Status: Active

Superstar

Chapter 23

I got home and quickly changed into http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=89624161.

I went to my fridge and did what I usually did when I was upset, find my ice cream and watch a funny movie. Corey got a bootleg copy of the new movie, The Heat, and I needed a good laugh so I put that into the dvd player.

Not even 15 minutes into the movie, my phone started vibrating. I checked the caller id to see it was Patrick and I quickly hit 'ignore'. This was his big night and I didn't want him to worry about me. He called not twice, but 5 times , and on the 6th I finally picked up.

"Finally, we need to talk", Patrick said, slurring slightly when I answered the phone. At least he was drunk and trying to enjoy himself, I sighed.

"Fuck." He breathed hard and I remained silent, my stomach twisted before he continued, "Remember the night of your show and how I wasn't there…I met some girl and I slept with her".

"I know", I said feeling sick to my stomach. We weren't dating then, but we both knew we had feelings for each other.

"She's pregnant", he whispered it so quietly I thought I didn't hear him at first. If my heart wasn't broken enough over gramps tonight, it shattered as his words processed in my head.

"Are you there kitten?"

"Don't ever call me that again", I hissed, blinking back tears.

He sighed loudly into the phone, "I don't know what to do".

"Im not going to tell you what to do.", bitterness swept over me and into my voice.

"I told you I would fuck up, but I never meant for this to happen…….Im scared".

It took everything in me to put my pride aside and not hang up the phone. As upset as I was and how hurt, I couldn't ignore his pain.

"What is she going to do?" I asked, before the obvious hit me. "Tell me you didn't sleep with her without protection".

As soon as I thought it was impossible for my heart to break anymore, the last few pieces just shattered.

"I was really drunk that night Lexie. And since I met you I didn't keep condoms anymore", he said in his defense.

I didn't repson.

"She wants to keep it".

"And what do you want", I asked, surprised at how harsh my voice sounded.

He sighed loudly and I could see him in my mind right now, probably shaking his head and running his hands through his hair, "I'm not ready to be a dad, I just want to play hockey. But especially not with this chick. But I can't leave my own child".

I couldn't take him talking about having a baby with another girl when I was so in love with him. Without a warning, I hung up the phone. I turned my phone off and threw it across the room. I pictured him saying things to this girl that he said to me….kissing her the way he kissed me, touching her the way he touched me. The thoughts made my stomach turn as tears fell freely down my face.

I curled onto my couch and cried. I never realized until the moment how much I truly loved Patrick.

The front door slammed and I heard Erica shout my name. Me, her and Abby shared a room, and I figured Ab was staying with Sharpie tonight. When I didn't respond, she wandered through the hotel room looking for me.

"Lexie, are you okay", the sound of her voice just triggered more tears. "Oh my god, what happened", she asked running to my side on the couch.

I sat up, feeling dizzy as I did.

"Patricks gonna be a dad".

"OH MY GOD CONGRATS BABE! IM GONNA BE AN AUNT", she said excitedly.

"Its not mine", I mumbled.

"What the fuck he cheated?!"

"No, we weren't official but we talked and we knew we liked each other, it was the night of the VS fashion show", I sniffed.

"I'm so sorry, Lexie I can't believe this is happening", Erica said hugging me tight, "Are you going to be okay? I could kill him for telling you tonight of all fucking nights damn he's stupid".

"Everything went so wrong so quick", I said squeezing my eyes shut to block the tears from falling.

"Try and sleep. Ill be in the living room if you need me", she said, throwing a blanket around me.

I ended up sleeping through the night.

"Lex, you up", Abbys voice shouted from the other room. "Im up".

"I can't believe you just woke up". Abby said as I walked into the kitchen. "Me either", I said rubbing my eyes and taking a seat at the table.

"We packed for you, the planes leaving in 2 hours so we have to leave in like 20 minutes", Erica said pointing to my bags that were sitting in the front of the room. I smiled weakly, "Yous are the best".

I went into my room and got dressed in shorts and a hoodie and applied some light makeup.

Yesterday is the past, todays a new day. I reassured myself. Patrick didn't cheat on me, and I would be there for him. Everythings gonna be okay, and gramps is watching over me right now. His little girl never cried, I was tough and nothings going to change that.

We boarded the plane and I felt everyones gaze on me, giving me pitiful looks. I wasn't going to let that affect me, I kept my head up and walked to my seat with Erica.

"My brothers flying home with the whore on a different plane, they wouldn't let her on", Erica said as we got situated in our seats. "Oh", was all I managed to say. He was taking her home…

"Lex, I heard", my brother said as we exited the plane. I didn't see him the whole ride. "No pity please, these dumbasses have been giving me looks the whole ride", I joked, "He didn't sleep with me when we were together so he didn't cheat. We'll get through this", I reassured my brother and he just nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
soooooo much frikken drama!! dont hate me:( I'm planning on doing a sequel to this story too!