Sequel: Speak Now
Status: Active

Superstar

Chapter 25

"Im calling my dad!", Erica said, her face angry as she reached for her phone, "He needs to talk some sense into the fucking idiot and it can't be you", she mumbled to herself as she waited for her dad to pick up. I just sat on the couch and watched her.

"He's completely irrational. I can't talk sense into him at all", Mr Kanes voice echoed through the speaker.

"What about his agents? I mean what good are they if they let him go through with this", Erica said irritated.

"They tried, trust me. They tried to tell him to get confirmation that the baby was his, but you know Pat", he said sighing.

I nodded with understanding.

"Im sorry Lexie, I trued to tell him this was wrong. He loves you so much but he's so stubborn. He's convinced himself that he's doing the right thing", Mr. Kanes voice said, "I told him it doesn't take becoming someones husband to become a good dad. Being a dad is a choice, anyone could father a child, but a real man chooses to be a dad. Being a husband was something that should be reserved for the person you truly want to call your wife, and we all know thats you".

"That was good", I said, letting out a smile at his wisdom.

"what'd he say to that", Erica groaned.

"Still wouldn't listen. He said his child won't grow up in a broken home", Mr. Kane sighed.

"No getting through his thick skull", Erica hissed.

"He loves you Lexie. He doesn't give a shit about this girl, he's just so convinced that he can't see reason", he sighed.

We got off the phone and Erica was more pissed off then I was now.

"I'm not going tomorrow", I announced as we were eating dinner. Erica and Abby looked at me with wide eyes, but nodded in understanding. "Coreys probably gonna be pissed, but hell understand", I said weakly.

The girls went home after dinner and I found myself calling Alyssa. She was one of those friends who you can go months without talking to, but when you talk again, its like no time passed at all.

"Hey baby, long time no talk. Hows life in lovers lane", Alyssas perky voice giggled through the phone. I smiled, I didn't realize how much I missed her. "Fuck that", I said, matching her perky mood, "Good news though, I'm coming home tomorrow, so you better not have moved any of my shit".

"NO WAY LEXIE SERIOUSLY!?!? You just made me the happiest girl alive!! I've missed my partner in crime oh so much", she shouted dramatically. I laughed, "I think Cor just got in, but Ill see you tomorrow. My flights leaving here at 3 so Ill call you when I land", I said hanging up.

"New York", my brother asked as he plopped on the couch, I nodded and he sighed, "You can't just run away from your problems every time something bad happens Alexis".

I stared at him, "I'm not running away, I'm moving on", I said defensively, "He's getting married".

"I know", Corey nodded, his voice changing to sympathetic, "you're still coming to the parade right. The list for who's on the busses was due last week, so she wont be on", he said referring to Becca.

I nodded, "I really don't want to see him".

Corey nodded and let the subject go. We watched tv for a little before I decided to go to bed.

I decided it'd be best to not go to the parade. I knew if I saw Patrick Id change my mind and stay. I packed up my room and said goodbye to Corey in the morning, promising to visit him.

I got a cab to drive me to Midway airport and boarded my flight. I was so tired from the events of the past week that I slept the whole way.

When I got to my old apartment no one was home, but there was a note from Lyss on the kitchen table saying to meet her at Pulse for dinner with the girls, the girls meaning our fellow models. I was relived that she wasn't throwing a welcome back party, which is what I fully expected as I headed here. I put my suit case in my room and got ready: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=89640070 and headed out.

"Oh sexy Lexie is back! Watch out NYC", my stylist Henry said at dinner as I walked in. I couldn't fight back my smile, it was nice to be with my old friends who all seemed so care free. It was just what I needed.

"And single", one of the girls, Candice asked, raising her eyebrows. "Oh yeah, we saw you in Chicago pictured with that hockey boy with horrible hair. That done", Henry asked laughing and I nodded.

"I'm done with dating, especially hockey players. Learned my lesson", I smiled and our table erupted into hoops and hollers as we all took a shot.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wasn't gonna update today but I read all your comments and I got so happy and I was think ok I'll give them one more lol:) This stories coming to an end veryyyy soon BUT yes there will be a sequel soon after I finish this one up, please don't hate me for all the drama I know its a lot LOL. I'm also starting a new story that I really like so once this one finishes up I'm gonna start posting for that one! Youre comments make me update sooner so LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!! Thanks for reading guys:')