Status: updating c:

Love Like a Tidal Wave

three.

Vic’s P.O.V

I strummed my guitar to the song that I wrote about Eliza.
“What if I can’t forget you, I’ll burn your name into my throat, I’ll be the fire that’ll catch you. What’s so good about picking up the pieces? What if I don’t even want to?”

Mike was the only one in this band who knew about Eliza and he knew that was the reason my voice always cracked and I started to tear up while singing this song. It’s been 7 years and I still couldn’t forget about her. Her stupid parents just took her away from me. I hated the thought of another man caring for my child. All I wanted was to be there for her, but of course I fucked up and lost the one thing I cared for. I excused myself and walked into the bathroom removing a blade from the back of my phone case.

I slowly dragged it across my already scarred wrist.
One for not being there for Eliza.
One for fucking up.
One for not finding her.
One for losing contact with her.
And the list went on until I had 20 new cuts to add to the collection of my hundreds of old ones.

My best friends Jaime, Tony and my brother Mike knew about my scars. Mike knew why and always told me one day fate would bring us together again. Fate needed to hurry the fuck up because it’s been 7 years and still no Eliza.

Pierce the Veil was starting to get big so maybe she would hear of us and come find me. Mike would always try to tell me that.
I finally walked out of the bathroom and my arm was burning. “Um guys I hope you don’t mind, but I invited my best friend and her son to our show tonight. Is that okay?” We all nodded our heads and thought it was a great idea that Tony would bring his cousin. At least he should be happy.

“Dude you need to stop with that,” Mike said as he pointed to my shirt which has blood seeping through it. “I can’t Mike you don’t understand. I don’t know where she is or what she’s doing. Imagine loving someone your whole life and then one day they’re taken away from you without a goodbye.” He brought me into a hug and I cried into his shirt. He rested his head on mine and we just staying like that crying.

“Group hug!” Jaime and Tony ran to us and embraced us in a hug. Jaime always knew how to brighten the mood.

Tony’s phone rang interrupting the moment. “Sorry guys I have to leave and get her, I’ll be back for the show.” And with that he left.